Formula One world championship

wombat

Lives in a hole
What tickets will you get? I've got a different stand each day: Turn One Friday, Padang Saturday which is right next to the stage to see the Killers straight after qualifying then the bay stand on Sunday to take Archibald prize winning photos of the city skyline and Marina Bay.
Psst, the archi is a portraiture prize, for paintings...

Also, you both suck, I'll be watching the go from home.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Psst, the archi is a portraiture prize, for paintings...

Also, you both suck, I'll be watching the go from home.
Fuck, I've already posted my intention to enter.
The early forecast is for some torrential rain early in the day then chance of light rain later in the day with temperatures above thirty degrees and humidity at 675%. Whatever the case, we'll be kicking back, dripping sweat and no doubt watching Vettel notch another win in his dominant career. What we all want to see is Webber square him off into a barrier and wedge his car under it then start hitting Vettel's car with the wheel that had just fallen off Webber's car after a pitstop then zap him with the near lifeless KERS battery. After that, Mr Webber can retire knowing he did what any Aussie would love to do. ;)
So, Ferrari are making their mind up on the second driver for next year. It seems as though Hulkenberg just became a very likely candidate as Sirotkin (the freshly pubed Russian kid) and Gutierrez are the Sauber steerers for 2014 if the cash lands where it is hoped. Di Resta has also been mentioned and Raikkonen hasn't been discounted. Far out, who hasn't! I'd like to see the old Kubica rumor come out again and we see him get the drive, it was such a shame that he had his accident right when he was hitting his stride. In all probability though, I can't see a reason to remove Massa.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Fuck, I've already posted my intention to enter.
The early forecast is for some torrential rain early in the day then chance of light rain later in the day with temperatures above thirty degrees and humidity at 675%. Whatever the case, we'll be kicking back, dripping sweat and no doubt watching Vettel notch another win in his dominant career. What we all want to see is Webber square him off into a barrier and wedge his car under it then start hitting Vettel's car with the wheel that had just fallen off Webber's car after a pitstop then zap him with the near lifeless KERS battery. After that, Mr Webber can retire knowing he did what any Aussie would love to do. ;)
So, Ferrari are making their mind up on the second driver for next year. It seems as though Hulkenberg just became a very likely candidate as Sirotkin (the freshly pubed Russian kid) and Gutierrez are the Sauber steerers for 2014 if the cash lands where it is hoped. Di Resta has also been mentioned and Raikkonen hasn't been discounted. Far out, who hasn't! I'd like to see the old Kubica rumor come out again and we see him get the drive, it was such a shame that he had his accident right when he was hitting his stride. In all probability though, I can't see a reason to remove Massa.
What is it with Hulkenberg?

He just keeps losing his seat to paid drivers! Talk about shite luck.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Id love to see hulkenberg take that seat his more than proved his worth in lesser cars. The politics of F1 hey, I honesty thought he would be on a higher tier drive now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Alonso has written on his social media pages "Welcome to Kimi, for the 2014 Saison !".

Best team ever.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How good was it seeing Vettel getting booed on the podium! Now I'm all for sportsmanship but maybe this is karma from stealing the win from Webber in Malaysia? Post race before the podium the body language between Vettel, Alonso and Webber was hilarious - Vettel was trying to talk to them and the other two wouldn't have a bar of it!

At the moment Vettel looks unstoppable for the 2013 title - I really hope that the 2014 rule changes are a massive shake up for the field! Are we going to see something like Brawn GP in 2009? For Ricciardo's sake I hope the Red Bull is competitive - but I don't think it's healthy for the sport to have Vettel keep dominating WDC! IMO Vettel has the potential to overtake Schumacher in every aspect of the sport!

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Massa has confirmed his departure from Ferrari.

So who's going to fill Kimi's seat at Lotus? Hulk? Is Massa done with F1?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Alonso has written on his social media pages "Welcome to Kimi, for the 2014 Saison !".

Best team ever.

hopefully we get more selfies too! this is how you do it...

It wasn't very good at all. Fucking pathetic actually.
agreed. love him or hate him, that is just piss poor... what are we, dimwit AFL fans?

Massa has confirmed his departure from Ferrari.

So who's going to fill Kimi's seat at Lotus? Hulk? Is Massa done with F1?
via his instagram

massafelipe
4 hours ago
From 2014 i will no longer be driving for Ferrari. I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together. Thank you also to my wife and all of my family, to my fans and all my Sponsors. From each one of you I have always received a great support! Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining 7 races. For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective! Thank you all. Felipe

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
via his instagram

massafelipe
4 hours ago
From 2014 i will no longer be driving for Ferrari. I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together. Thank you also to my wife and all of my family, to my fans and all my Sponsors. From each one of you I have always received a great support! Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining 7 races. For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective! Thank you all. Felipe
:( You gotta feel a bit sad for Felipe. He has never been the same since that spring from Buttons Brawn cracked his skull (understandably...). With the amount of talented young drivers pushing through from the feeder classes, and the lure of pay drivers with deep sponsors pockets, I wonder whether Massa will even be offered a mid tier seat next year.

akashra

Eats Squid
:( You gotta feel a bit sad for Felipe. He has never been the same since that spring from Buttons Brawn cracked his skull (understandably...). With the amount of talented young drivers pushing through from the feeder classes, and the lure of pay drivers with deep sponsors pockets, I wonder whether Massa will even be offered a mid tier seat next year.
Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that he's never been the same ever since that incident.

I think though that the next done deal but worst kept rumour/move is that Massa is off to Lotus this year.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Cant really comment on the race as I was pretty rat-arsed by the end of it (it was a long day) but the battle for 7th, 8th and 9th looked interesting. Luckily I've managed to download it and will watch it in full on the flight home tonight.

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
FIA please... They're basically a people mover

[video=youtube;0Cykz8Pg0Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cykz8Pg0Ds[/video]

driftking

Wheel size expert
Highlight - kimi
Disappointment - webber break down on final lap
Overall - good stuff but I sort of tuned out a little, vettel winning all the time is just getting annoying, but have to give the dude props he would have lapped most the field without that safety car. His just on another level that guy.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I have no idea how Fernando could see anything with Mark's leg in his face, still think the reprimand is probably a little harsh though. Although didn't they both get a similar penalty when Mark gave Alonso a lift after the Ferrari ran out of fuel a couple of years back?

akashra

Eats Squid
Oh come on, a reprimand is basically the lightest penalty they could have given. And let's be honest, both Webber and Alonso have been warned numerous times before for doing that exact same thing before and told not to do it. Keep in mind they're still pottering around at almost 100km/h at times while he's hanging off the car - one slip and that ain't gonna be something fans want to see.

Surely it woulnd't kill the FIA to have a sweep vehicle pick up everyone from the inside rather than forcing them to take what can sometimes be a 30+ minute walk around the outside of the course to get back to the paddock area while they have do deal with both the public and media getting in their faces at the last time they want to deal with that.
Edit: Well they do have one, sometimes... But more like a convertable they can wave to the fans from like the parade laps ;)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
This crash happened on the slow-down lap in the GP2 race. I can understand the FIA's concerns with cars stopping on a whim in the middle of the circuit.

[video=youtube;bGi7H9rSVHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGi7H9rSVHI[/video]

wombat

Lives in a hole
Keep in mind they're still pottering around at almost 100km/h at times while he's hanging off the car - one slip and that ain't gonna be something fans want to see.
Never seems to stop millions of fans from tuning in to see MotoGP races, with guys hanging off bikes doing three times that speed.

I can see that on a track like Singapore though that stopping on the track could be a problem, but I still think giving a competitor a lift back is a good gesture for a sport that is sometimes at risk of disappearing up its own arse.