Formula One world championship

driftking

Wheel size expert
Interesting race, it was good to see the potential of vettel getting over take. Although it only lasted a few laps.
Webber man that bloke cannot catch a break. Pits just before safety car, needs to pit again from puncture literally on the first straight he gets to, restart gets taken out for a dnf and a nice big fire for the team to clean up.

Kimi was good to see getting up there, dan farout had a alright race and then dnf himself.
Massa was upset to see him mess up.

Hamilton gave me a laugh.

"When are you gonna bring me in these tires are ****ed" hahah not a good day for him, but still managed to finish in a reasonable position.

Vettel over him winning, what's everyone's take on this TC debate, I'd think it would be impossible for any TC given all the damn sensors they have available for the FIA to see. They definately have something going on, the traction on those cars are amazing.

Hulkenburg, someone please put that bloke in a better car, maybe he could challenge vettel In a better car? Aha. He deserves a drive its going to be so disappointing for the sport if his size stops that.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Other comedy from Hamilton:

"So, got any ideas?" when trying to pass Hulkenberg.
I cracked up at that, surely the guys hearing his radio on the pitwall laughed. Something else that made me laugh was Rosberg's comments after the race saying he was very scared when his front wing hit the deck and he saw sparks. You fucking moron, why didn't you slow down you dickhead? It would've suited me better to see the wing go under his car "Alonso in Malaysia" style but he chose to impede his team mate for a full minute and ruin and already shit race for Hamilton.
Have I mentioned at any stage this season that I don't like what Pirelli's tyres have done for the series over the last couple of years? They were brilliant initially but now? If they aren't exploding or wearing out like a dishwasher sponge then they must be on a Red Bull. Yay, five more years too!

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't see much of the Korean GP - was at the pub and saw Webber's car in flames, that was enough for me! :p :(

Went to the movies yesterday and saw Rush - I thought it was awesome! Took the GF who knows f-all about F1 and she enjoyed it as well because it has a good storyline! I've yet to google this yet but I'm interested to read about Lauda's reaction to the film to see if he approved of it and/or it was a true reflection of the events that occured

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I agree Richie, Rush is great! When it finished I thought to myself that someone could in time make a movie about Vettel and Webber with the ending of the movie being when Webber retired from F1 at the end of 2013 having won the last race in Brazil, brown eyeing the Red Bull management and knocking Vettel on his arse with the bottle of Moet. ;)

The fire on Webber's car was crazy. Odd things never happen once to Webber, he always gets it twice. :(
I ran a downhill race on Sunday and our trail has two fire trails that cross. We run under a land owners permit so I can close any adjoining roads to all traffic (4wd's and moto's) and force them to turn around or hit them with a fine. A few hours into our practice sessions we get a phone call from the top of the course from a marshal saying the Jeep club has arrived and need to cross the trail. I said no, fuck off as we have a permit and I spoke to their guide less than 24 hours ago saying the trails are closed, please plan to use other networks. Low and behold they had a permit too! Yay for office jocks doubling up and attempting to cost people's lives! Anyway, I said my bit and made sure they knew that they would be wearing it if any riders hit their cars when they were on the track etc and sent them packing. They called again later saying they had other group coming and they got told to piss off as well. Long story short, this is the fifth time I've had these jerks try to impose themselves on me and I didn't take their shit. I detest the bunch of wankers as all they do is cause trouble and destruction so the ongoing joke of the day at the downhill race was the Jeep club. Now I'm sure that you can imagine my total and utter disbelief at what rolled around turn two on a green race track when Webber's car went up in flames................

A fucking Jeep.

I actually got angry and could not believe that even after my frustrations earlier that day with morons in Jeep's on my doorstep that this could happen in a Grand Prix!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife covered her ears knowing I was about to blow up! What a cluster fuck that was...............
So boys, don't show up to ride my trails in a Jeep. I won't let you. ;)

Plow King

Little bit.
Made my picks during the race amd they still counted lol

I wasnt watching the race nor had any idea what position anybody was in nor what positions people qualified in.

I wonder what the cut off is

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey gents,

So im in the USA and the hotel tonight doesn't have NBCSN!!!

Do any of you know where i can stream it live? Free preferred as i don't know how the Hilton bandwidth will handle it!

Thanks judd

driftking

Wheel size expert
See, maybe I misread that but I thought he was referring to Perez, who he was coming up on and didn't seem to be keen on yielding.
I did think of that but teams can't give orders or make deals with other teams.

Webber or not I think its still funny to ask a driver to keep away.

Good race, bummer webber got stuck behind grojeans but I doubt he would have taken vettel anyway. Good race gotta love Suzuka

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The press is suggesting that Webber should have won the race because he got pole position then said it was Red Bull who decided the strategy and cost him the win. Surprisingly, I haven't read a report saying anything along the lines of "Dominant Vettel drives consistently fast laps to win Japanese Grand Prix". I don't think Webber should be pissed off or even playing the strategy card, he got done good by Vettel.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
The press is suggesting that Webber should have won the race because he got pole position then said it was Red Bull who decided the strategy and cost him the win. Surprisingly, I haven't read a report saying anything along the lines of "Dominant Vettel drives consistently fast laps to win Japanese Grand Prix". I don't think Webber should be pissed off or even playing the strategy card, he got done good by Vettel.
due to korea, wasn't webber in an older chassis with a narrower rear wing? that's why he was on a 3 stopper, as less traction in the rear chews the tyres up more. it's also why he got stuck behind the first lap nutcase and couldnt overtake as you could clearly see he had more traction out of corners.

webber seemed happy after the race? he popped a smile so it cant be too bad...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Webber has admitted he hasn't had the desire like he used to, to me that just screams he's there to finish the season and bail. Vettel on the other hand, wants to win at all cost and is doing what it takes to win.
I will never, not for one second believe that a top running Formula One team would ship a chassis that wasn't ready to be raced fast. He proved that by qualifying well.
That reminds me, did anyone pay attention to the bent cars in Bathurst practice that the crews spent tons of time repairing? The rules changed a long time ago and didn't allow teams to have spare cars laying around in the event that someone would "do a Dick Johnson" and hit something hard. It's a credit to the guys to repair the cars but for fucks sake V8 Supercars, the guys run on enough of a budget to race, most of the cars are customer cars anyway and the series now runs on a strictly controlled chassis...............how about having a spare chassis or somehow permitting teams to have spare cars in the event of a major boil over. It is the nature of the game but if I was to be a major investor in a team that had to not start a race then I'd be pretty pissed off and would start sacking people, mainly the guy who hit whatever he hit hard enough to fuck the thing.
Bring back the spare car option.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Webber has admitted he hasn't had the desire like he used to, to me that just screams he's there to finish the season and bail. Vettel on the other hand, wants to win at all cost and is doing what it takes to win.
I will never, not for one second believe that a top running Formula One team would ship a chassis that wasn't ready to be raced fast. He proved that by qualifying well.
That reminds me, did anyone pay attention to the bent cars in Bathurst practice that the crews spent tons of time repairing? The rules changed a long time ago and didn't allow teams to have spare cars laying around in the event that someone would "do a Dick Johnson" and hit something hard. It's a credit to the guys to repair the cars but for fucks sake V8 Supercars, the guys run on enough of a budget to race, most of the cars are customer cars anyway and the series now runs on a strictly controlled chassis...............how about having a spare chassis or somehow permitting teams to have spare cars in the event of a major boil over. It is the nature of the game but if I was to be a major investor in a team that had to not start a race then I'd be pretty pissed off and would start sacking people, mainly the guy who hit whatever he hit hard enough to fuck the thing.
Bring back the spare car option.
No way. Thats just asking for the teams with to much money to spend to have a seperate car that they can drive during quali/practice and throw into the walls trying to get the best time. The idea should be that you have to at least try keep the car in one piece until the race.