Formula One world championship

Plow King

Little bit.
As I mentioned to Dozer. There are downfall associated with running a team off the income of their ferrari branded hat which everyone seems to have at the f1 :p ill be wearing my mclaren hat which Hamilton paid for today :p

Plow King

Little bit.
And yeah sounds good POSM. There's nothing remotely f1 related for a while. So could be a go-er. Although I'm not drinking... again.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who based my picks on the idea that rbr were foxing. And even though its only the third row, nice to see Webber go one up on yo ho.

Plow King

Little bit.
I think I did pretty well? Fuck knows how the superbru scoring but I got the top 3 not in order though. I also guessed pole correctly and bits and pieces here and there. Good to catch up with you guys.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I think I did pretty well? Fuck knows how the superbru scoring but I got the top 3 not in order though. I also guessed pole correctly and bits and pieces here and there. Good to catch up with you guys.
Good end to the first round I thought, although a shit start to my tipping comp.

As such, my shitlist for this year (in no particular order):
Maldonado
Hulkenberg
Rosberg
Schumi's drivetrain.

Plow King

Little bit.
Alrighty guys need to know who is in the degenerate gamblers club. I think we should have a cut off for this before qually in Malaysia. So far I have $60 from Judd, wombat and myself. Are miss Dozer and miss shagger entering aswell or is it just you guys? If you don't have paypal. Just pm me and I can send my bank account info

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
give me an extra week or 2 on the cash? in the middle of root canal hell + a work trip and smack between pays......

Plow King

Little bit.
Alright cool. No worries. I just need to get it confirmed before half way through the season people realise they have no chance of winning and not bothering to put in.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'll put $20 in Plow, just have to catch up a bit after splurging on expensive drinks. It was great to catch up with you and POSM, I could have stayed there and watched the race but we all had places to be.............on the start finish line in front of the podium for example. ;)
I had a blast. It was to date; the best Grand Prix I've been to and hope like all hell that Melbourne keep it. They do it so well and any other place in Australia would just butcher the great work Melbourne do for the race. The nice touch of running the two seater at dawn was just perfect as it signals the intention of the weekend in Melbourne and can be heard on the other side of Carlton. Keep doing that! My wife has been befoe but has never seen a Grand Prix in the wet and she got that chance on Friday (as well as a cold) and was pretty impressed! The extra touch needed to control the cars when wet is incredible and well worth catching a cold over! My highlights for the weekend was seeing Ricciardo score points, talking to Jean Eric Vergne after the race, spending some time in the pit lane and catching up with some mates. My low light? Flicking the camera on in the stand inside turn one in Q2 to get a good bit of Alonso on the go and watching him spear backwards. Not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told that my expletives were louder than the cars! Ha!
Couldn't fault Button's drive, it was very Vettel2-11- ish and could sound an omen for all. I agree with POSM and think Mercedes will spring some surprises and get to the top step too.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Turn 3 wasn't too bad but my seat was jammed right up against the grandstand fencing with about 15 folk to climb over if I wanted to get up for a piss. When I eventually had to shift the safety car had already been deployed and I figured that if I wanted to get up for the podium ceremony, I'd better start walking. Bit of a waste of 400 bucks really. I'd have been better spending 300 for the Senna stand which was at least on the main straight and had just as good food/drink/toilet facilities.

Anyhoo. enough whinging because quite frankly that result was a beaut! I could have done with a Mclaren 1-2 but at least if Sunday was anything to go by, this season is definitely not going to be a purely Red Bull dominated shindig and that whiny Lewis will probably have to play second fiddle to JB!

Also good to catch up with yerselves Plow and Dozer (and Mrs Dozer) we'll have to do this again sometime!

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
hmmm

Man, how hard is it to pick now with 6 world champions, and 5/66 teams of potential winners...?
Who to leave out....
Picks must be in today ladies and gents to earn the bonus point...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I watched the replay of the Australian Grand Prix and I'm baffled as to why Vettel didn't go a little bit quicker when the safety car was deployed? He had clear track and from what I saw was clearly going slower than the mandated speed you need to do while under safety car conditions. He had the race won if he went for it! The skeptic in me also wonders if Petrov's failure was something to do with a contract he agreed to when driving a car with a Renault engine. To me, he has been the Renault gate keeper many times! He's helped Red Bull more than some of the team staff!
This weekends race will be a cracker. I hope Fernando keeps it pointing forward in qualifying this time. ;)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Man, how hard is it to pick now with 6 world champions, and 5/66 teams of potential winners...?
Who to leave out....
Picks must be in today ladies and gents to earn the bonus point...
Don't they just have to be in before the start of quali?

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m36.219s
2. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m36.368s + 0.149
3. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m36.391s + 0.172
4. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m36.461s + 0.242
5. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m36.461s + 0.242
6. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m36.634s + 0.415
7. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m36.658s + 0.439
8. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m36.664s + 0.445
9. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m37.566s + 1.347
10. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m37.698s + 1.479
Q2 cut-off time: 1m37.477s Gap **
11. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m37.589s + 0.874
12. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m37.731s + 1.016
13. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 1m37.841s + 1.126
14. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m37.877s + 1.162
15. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m37.883s + 1.168
16. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m37.890s + 1.175
17. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m38.069s + 1.354
Q1 cut-off time: 1m38.437s Gap *
18. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m39.077s + 1.905
19. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 1m39.306s + 2.134
20. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1m39.567s + 2.395
21. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1m40.903s + 3.731
22. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m41.250s + 4.078
23. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1m42.914s + 5.742
24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m43.655s + 6.483

It's looking to be a good season for me! ;)

Plow King

Little bit.
Awesome thanks mate. Raikkonen? (Sp) is starting 10th though yeah cos of his gearbox change? It's awesome to see Renault getting back up there again.