Formula One world championship

Plow King

Little bit.
That sucks. The rules are pretty fucked in that sense. They replaced a gearbox on a car that transfers the energy 1000x that of a normal car and if they have to replace it he cops 5 grid spots. Ffs let them race. I want to see me conversation himself up on the podium making a speech.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah but those rules serve a purpose. I don't like the idea of hobbling the sport, but another era where some (Italian) team can throw ridiculous amounts of money at their program, and use ultra fragile gearboxes made of unobtanium and fairy dust in order to pull a few seconds in quali before throwing away the parts prior to the race would suck even more.

Pretty stoked to see Webber pip yo-ho again, even if they do write it off to a strategic difference. Part of me is hoping for a wet race 'cause it'll make for good watching, unless it's actually Malayasia wet, in which case we'll probably see 2 hours of Kimi eating ice blocks.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
These chumps on one/ten dont have a clue...
I wish my net wasn't capped so I could use vipbox
Not entirely convinced it's Ten's fault. You could just about hear Brundle and not-David-Coulthard so Ten were getting a clean signal but the f***ing numpties at Sky hadn't turned up the volume on their mics.

I miss the BBC! :(

Robb

Likes Dirt
Yeah, fair enough on the technical difficulties.. But not being able to tell the cars apart, saying someone is going to slicks when you can see the rain coming down on the main straight etc... bleh

lol, not-David-Coulthard :)

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spewin. I messed last weekends race because I was too busy pub crawling across half of southeast Queensland so I dedicate time to sit down and watch todays race and it's bloody raining!! Can't win.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah, fair enough on the technical difficulties.. But not being able to tell the cars apart, saying someone is going to slicks when you can see the rain coming down on the main straight etc... bleh

lol, not-David-Coulthard :)
Aw yeah, I totally agree with that but I guess I'm now so used to having to endure Ten's inane, awkward gobshite whenever somebody turns on their mics that I just ignore it and concentrate on the live text updates on ESPN's site.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You got a brief taste of it though!

Sure the Ten coverage is pretty shit at times, but I cheer myself up by remembering that some poor other bastards are actually paying to get shouted at by that numpty Croft.
Yeah, I'd be spewing - although if I were back home I'd probably wait for the race to be broadcast later in the day on the BBC anyway - 7am is no time to be up on a sunday morning!

Seems like a bit of a weird deal actually. You can pay to watch every race live on Sky which not that many will do. Sky's expensive and only worth it if you're into Premiership Football - in which case you'll probably be watching that instead, and that you can do down the local pub for the price of a pint. Alternatively you can get 10 races live on the BBC and watch the rest with just a few hours delay. Either way both channels have a raft of extra interactive features (ability to choose camera angle etc) and they're both free of ad-breaks and One HD's awkward pause laden commentary.

What I miss most though is this music:

[video=youtube;dEWHAbuFU1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEWHAbuFU1c[/video]

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
so, why do we have full wet tyres these days in F1 if they throw the red as soon as the field gets them on? learn to drive to the conditions boys.

pretendingtoride

Likes Bikes
Yeah, I'd be spewing - although if I were back home I'd probably wait for the race to be broadcast later in the day on the BBC anyway - 7am is no time to be up on a sunday morning!

Seems like a bit of a weird deal actually. You can pay to watch every race live on Sky which not that many will do. Sky's expensive and only worth it if you're into Premiership Football - in which case you'll probably be watching that instead, and that you can do down the local pub for the price of a pint. Alternatively you can get 10 races live on the BBC and watch the rest with just a few hours delay. Either way both channels have a raft of extra interactive features (ability to choose camera angle etc) and they're both free of ad-breaks and One HD's awkward pause laden commentary.

What I miss most though is this music:

[video=youtube;dEWHAbuFU1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEWHAbuFU1c[/video]
Sky might be pricey (although cheaper than foxtel including the sports packages) but they are the dogs bollocks when it comes to sports productions. they're the best when it comes to all sports in the uk. I've Not had a chance to watch f1 on sky yet, but have just signed unto a proxy website to let me watch sky online through a mates uk subscription...

The red button on sky looks to provide a lot more than the bbc's does though, with cockpit views and team radios though. That said for free to air, there is no comparison between the bbc and one hd... Beeb wins every time... Not that I'm biased being a Pom or that ;)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Sky might be pricey (although cheaper than foxtel including the sports packages) but they are the dogs bollocks when it comes to sports productions. they're the best when it comes to all sports in the uk. I've Not had a chance to watch f1 on sky yet, but have just signed unto a proxy website to let me watch sky online through a mates uk subscription...

The red button on sky looks to provide a lot more than the bbc's does though, with cockpit views and team radios though. That said for free to air, there is no comparison between the bbc and one hd... Beeb wins every time... Not that I'm biased being a Pom or that ;)
But is it really free if you pay for a license?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That said for free to air, there is no comparison between the bbc and one hd... Beeb wins every time... Not that I'm biased being a Pom or that ;)
Bias doesn't come into it. With the Beeb we got a great pre-race programme with DC, Eddie Jordan and Jake Humphreys that was packed full of interviews, gossip and technical info. No advertising breaks whatsoever, Good commentary from Brundle and DC. Great news coverage on the net and that iconic theme. One HD is stacked full of way too many adverts - and always the same bastarding ones too. I refuse to ever use Shannons, Brut or Ashley and Martin hair witch-doctors out of sheer spite! Their fallback commentary is amateurish at best and tbh, if you live out in the sticks and don't get ONE HD you've got to wait till the middle of the night to watch the races - something that shits me to tears when I'm working out west.

That said, Foxtel is a rip-off and I'd be hard pushed to fork out for a satellite dish, box and subscription when I live in a rental unit and watch so little TV that I've not already downloaded to view in my own time. Online broadcasts through F1.com are the way to go - especially now we're finally getting decent speed limit-free download plans from ISPs

Last edited: