Forrest 6 Hour - June 5 2011

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Saturday april 30

If anyone is entered and would like a preview of the course

GMBC are running a 3 hour this Saturday on a shortened version of the 6hour course

FMTBCC are running a family fun day at the Southern trail head, with an option later in the afternoon of going out on a preview lap of the full 6hour course.

Hope to see you at either event

Also, if you are bringing the family to the 6hour, we completed the "junior jam" course today. Great for the kids to complete a short loop on private property where parents get a good view for most of the loop. Entry only $10, or $5 with current MTBA dirtmaster licence

Roland

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
Just wondering if someone could let me know how difficult this track is for someone that is just getting into MTB from a Road background. My main concern is the technical aspect of the trail that is being used as on the website it showed part of it is on an advanced section of trail.

thanks.
The Forrest 6 hour course is famously regarded as perhaps a little too easy. We make no apologies for making our course fun for everyone.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Roland - is this on the Saturday as well? (assumed not stated :) )
Yep, both on Saturday.

We had this planned before being fully aware of the 3 hour.

Did originally postpone, but then put back on the calendar.

Hairy lycra-clad lumps of testosterone can do the 3 hour, (apologies to the girls ;) ), the rest of us will enjoy a friendly, non-threatening introduction to mountain biking

Roland

Stons

Likes Dirt
Is the course for this Saturday the same as the 6 hour course? Or has their been a few sections cut out?

Stons

Likes Dirt
Cheers.

Rode in Forrest yesterday, Yaugher trails are in great nick! With the week of weather ahead, should be a great day this Saturday.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Yo Ben,
As a team rider I must know...with the different course, do we still get all the woop woop sections of Mariners???? :D

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Yo Ben,
As a team rider I must know...with the different course, do we still get all the woop woop sections of Mariners???? :D
Yes, barring a dump of rain - all entrants get to do the fun bits of Marriner's

The split happens before and after that section.

Should have Garmin info on both courses by Monday next week

Roland

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Looking forward to the Garmin info. What does the modified prologue lap consist of?
It cuts out the bottle neck that happenend in the first year where you turn right, out of the event centre and straight into single track.

The prologue first takes you along Centre road and then joins the course to the left on Super loop - which is double track in this section.

We found it worked well and gave all riders time to "find their mojo" before hitting the single track at Marriner's.

After the first lap you head straight into single track for the team riders, while the solo continue to use Centre Road and turn right.

The aim is for every rider, team or solo, to enjoy a traffic-free lap for as much as we can

Roland

Last edited:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at the solo course gives me a nice comforting smile. Looks like the solo riders get to avoid that fast corrugated braking zone near the end of Marriners Run. Joy for the sore shoulder of those running rigid forks, like me :p.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Arrive early or leave late?

For those who have the time before or after the event, your time would be well spent heading over to the Yaugher Trail Head and completing one, (or more), laps of Casper Black.

The Forrest MTB Club Trail Crew held a maintenance day on this trail last Sunday and would really appreciate other riders providing some feedback.

Casper's is hidden away a little inside the trail network, and hence does not get the number of riders it deserves.

We trust you won't be dissapoionted :cool:

Roland

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Looking at the solo course gives me a nice comforting smile. Looks like the solo riders get to avoid that fast corrugated braking zone near the end of Marriners Run. Joy for the sore shoulder of those running rigid forks, like me :p.
We are trying something a little different.

Riders will have lots of opportunity to provide feedback after June 5

Roland

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good Roland. So timing starts at the beginning of the prologue lap I assume?

Also, do solo riders have different coloured race numbers?

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Sounds good Roland. So timing starts at the beginning of the prologue lap I assume?

Also, do solo riders have different coloured race numbers?
Yes... and there will be matching course markers to follow and friendly marshalls to point you in the right direction.