Forrest Festival 2011

btothec

Likes Dirt
A question for you all?

If the Forrest Festival was being run on the 19th & 20th of November how many of you that say you want to do both events would honestly do Forrest Festival and then back up the next week and do the Jeep 24hr.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
If the Forrest Festival was being run on the 19th & 20th of November how many of you that say you want to do both events would honestly do Forrest Festival and then back up the next week and do the Jeep 24hr.
Plus add the costs if travel and accommodation and it becomes a pricey couple of weekends!
Racing back to back weekends is too tiring for this little black duck - every fortnight at the most for me!

.stu.

Likes Dirt
Good question for those who've suggested the weekend of the 19th/20th. I'd prefer several weeks as a general guideline. As for the 'backing it up' factor, I found that doing the 6+6 (12hour) in Adelaide the week before Easter really helped me up at Stromlo so it would be more of a cost/logistics issue rather than fitness/recovery if they were still only one week apart.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if it wasn't wet I would do the FF as a fun event - invite a few mates and enjoy the single track; sounds like they are catering to the social aspect of mtbing. Then do the 24hr a bit more seriously, but really I just love riding my bike so any chance to ride in these kind of events I'll take it.

MrsH

Likes Dirt
If the two events were on different weekends it's likely that he'd do Jeep and I could have a go at Forrest.. Or vice versa. As it stands we will be at Jeep (him riding, me kid wrangling..) hoping the dates won't clash next time.

FWIW I truly hope the Forrest Event is a success and also that the caravan park/brewery/guesthouse/etc have a good turnover that weekend. I really enjoy all these places when we're in town and was a little sad for them that the 24 hour race was moving. Great that another event might step in and fill that gap!

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Wooaahh!

You broke our server, The demand was so massive in the first few minutes that you have crashed our server.

We are just now moved the site to another server that will better cope.

Entries will reopen at 12.45pm

Sorry for the trouble.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I can't get in - bugger!
Ah just read, I got until 4pm - no worries!

More stress and volume testing needed next time me thinks ;-)

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
News Flash!

Due to a totally crazy response you all broke our server.

Seems we had about 1000 odd people try to enter in approximately 1 minute.

So we are moving the entry system to another server and we will now release entries at the following times.

ELITE CATEGORIES > 2pm

OPEN CATEGORIES > 3pm

VETERAN & MASTERS & JUNIORS > 4pm

We are so very sorry for this, but you are all to blame!

www.forrestfestival.com.au

We are so very sorry for this... we predicted a mass entry, but not to this level. Please forgive us.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Absolute disgrace!!!!

I don't know how to say this nicely :mad:

How dare 1,000 of you all wait until the opening minute of registration before trying to get your entry in.

Do you have no respect!

Haven't you heard about pleading for a pre-entry?

So what if you want to do the event and it's not fair to miss out.

If I were you I'd put my bike in the shed and NEVER go out for a ride again.

Every one of you is a bl**dy disgrace.

(Just for the the rest - tongue is firmly planted into side of cheek)

See you all in November ;)

Regards

Roland

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
oh dear, I still can't get in either - trying via my iphone whilst sitting in a meeting :)

Norm - hope those stress levels are under control ;-)