VIC found. Old Glory top headset (or complete)

moorey

call me Mia
You may recall a 2008 Glory that @Plankosaurus and I pieced together about 12 months ago for a local lad? No? Meh.

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-plankomoorey-money-pit-lifesaver.315647/

Well, it’s top headset bearings shit themself and LBS can’t get him a replacement at the moment.
I pulled a pieced together top from my old Patriot 1.5” to get him rolling, but it’s not ideal and I’ll need it back at some stage.
I’m not 100% on what was originally spec’d, probably a pig DH or FSA orbit.
It’s a 1.5 headtube running BoXXers, so something EC49 with for 1 1/8 or something 49mm internal would do.
Sorry for being vague, I don’t have the bike, it’s at LBS and I dropped the patriot in for them to swap my headset in for now.
TLDR.

Item. (1.5) 49mm internal or external top headset (or complete) for 1 1/8 steerer.
Location. Ballarat.
Condition. Working. Prefer sealed, Beggers can’t be choosers.
Price. Cheaper the better. I’m donating. Can swap for something else useless.

Thanks in advance. Glory hole experts, if I can’t get something on here, tell me exactly what I’m chasing so I can hunt wider.
Cheers.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I got a pile of these in the garage...on the other side of the continent, so can't help with material. But this is what I would buy (if it was in stock):

I fitted a cane creek 40 series to a friend's bike in July. It was zs49 with the 28.6 (1 1/8) internal. In the old days these were called 1.5 reducers.

This is the cheapest in stock option on crc...no idea about the quality, keep the bottom as a spare. I've got a brand X head set on my scout as a curiousity and no issues yet.

moorey

call me Mia
Cool. I’d order new...but I’m not in a position to be shelling out much money. Nor is he. Dad won’t pay.
If anyone has similar to the above, sweet.
I can’t even recall how I pieced together the loaner one. It was a couple of years ago. With various pieces of other spares. It survived the Buller DH for me. Then went in the rafters

safreek

I am pretty sure that I have a 1 1/8 to 1.5 if it makes no sense so be it. But it's big boy size to junior size. If that helps

moorey

call me Mia
Then you won't want to see the price for suitable new ones domestically.

Is it the cup or bearings that are munteD?
Bearing...shop binned all the parts aside from cup. Utterly farked. Can’t even check what they were exactly

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'll check the shed tonight, I just might have an FSA Pig kicking about, if I do I'll send it on down. I know for sure I've got a CC110, but you don't want to pay for that I'm sure ;)

moorey

call me Mia
Please don't make me take this to Facebook....I don't think I have enough hands and faces for the inevitable face palming...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The bearing cage and reducer was literally dust, as were 1/2 the balls. I think they drank from the wrong grail.
Not a sealed bearing unit? A friend had an FSA like that in his old Scott voltage. It runs so smooth now it has the cane creek zs in there.

Please don't make me take this to Facebook....I don't think I have enough hands and faces for the inevitable face palming...