AM Found

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Oddjob I grabbed a Vivid Air. I was thinking of getting one of the Monarch Plus', I was interested that there was the non-DebonAir version available with a lighter compression tune (prettier aircan as well), but ended up settling on the Vivid. I figured it gives me the chance to compare to the Vivid R2C Coil at a later point.
I think I'd prefer the different compression/rebound controls of the Vivid over the climb switch of the Monarch anyway. The suspension is pretty progressive to begin with, so I doubt I'll be needing to run volume adjustments either, and my reason for wanting the air would be to run it with a little less sag to try and get a sportier feel...hopefully the Vivid can still do that.
Also, the bigger air can and massive reservoir is a better visual fit for the bike.

Surpised that the e-bay stores get around the Geo-lock of SRAM as well.
I went with the Vivid for much the same reasons. The Pole comes with a Monarch Plus and the stock tune is low compression high rebound and no volums spacers because the linkage is so progressive. I was also reading somewhere that Leo Kokkonen never touches the climb switch on his Evolink, which makes sense because the switch is miles away from the cockpit, and even further away if you run the shock with the stanchion towards the front. If that's the case the Vivid with it's linear air spring and high and low speed rebound adjustment should be perfect for the Pole, and fingers crossed be a good match with the Super Yari. If the Super Yari even outpaces the Vivid I can always send the Monarch off for the Avalanche treatment.

Ebay stores get around sram's geoblock by using Ebay's freight forwarding service.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That rear wheel removal process would not have been fun when the Contis shat themselves. Speaking of which have you checked the valve is snug, or tried a different sealant like Stans race or Joes?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf