AM Found

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No lens, no colour correction (auto white balance). Just the phone, decent lighting and fixed focal length.

Don't understand the Mongolian stuff.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
The Mongols started many land wars in Asia and handily kicked arse and took names. A bit like my dslr, and my Pole.

All I want is one photo like this please:

It deserves it.
+1 Hurry up and get some decent photos.

BT180

Max Pfaff
@BT180 I lived with Yeti's for years, so it's not unfamiliar. If I go anywhere with manure I'll get a bottle cap with a flip cover to it, otherwise don't find it too big of a deal. To be honest, I'd trade it for how this bike feels in any case.
Not ideal, but I agree; not the be all and end all either.

Oddjob

@Oddjob DSLR Photos wont keep you warm at night.

@BT180 I lived with Yeti's for years, so it's not unfamiliar. If I go anywhere with manure I'll get a bottle cap with a flip cover to it, otherwise don't find it too big of a deal. To be honest, I'd trade it for how this bike feels in any case.
I have a hot redheaded wife and 1000 deadlifts of a 17kg 3yr old for warmth. The dslr is for fun ;) or it used to be before said 3 yr old arrived :(

I'm really interested in how the Nicolai shaped anchor will compare to the Yeti (it was a sb66 right?) and the Trek for maintenence. The I'm assuming the gearbox will be a clear win but other stuff like linkages, bearings, the crankarms etc.

If you do anywhere with proper mud, the only solution is a camelbak with the big bite valve cover. When I did Peru Megavalanche, the top quarter of the course was just a mud fest and lots of people got sick from trying to drink from bottles and bladders that had been contaminated, including bottles with flip caps that had still managed to get mud in them. I lucked out in having the valve cover as part of the insulated hose kit vecause I was doing some high volcano climbs after the Megavalanche.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Is that the mountain bike equivalent of celebrity name dropping?

the stuff cubicle based daydreams are made of. Mucho jealous.
Only if the celebrity is Jimmy Hendrix and I wasted the oppurtunity by being wasted on brown acid.

They don't run the Peru Megavalanche any more which is a shame, and it was tacked onto a longer backpacking trip. Which meant that I was on a hire bike that had all sorts of problems and I was out of practise so I pretty much rode like shit until the last day. If I was to do a megavalanche again I would take my own bike and train solidly for 3 months in the lead up, including a couple of weeks getting used to big mountain riding before qualifying.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Good fix with the heatshrink. Email nicolai and the gearbox guys about it, such a simple thing would make their bikes review that much better, and not piss of owners so much.

It’s popped up as a negative in a few of he reviews I’ve read.

Reactions: Zaf

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man, I'd really love the feel of tight gear jumps. My biggest issues with these giant 10-50t cassettes is the big jump between gears, mostly down the small end. Gearbox certainly solves that issue I'm guessing.