Fox 34 140 v pike 140

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any feedback on this setup? The current deals have me thinking about trying one on the front of my ripley @140mm. Total overkill and probably better off looking at the mattoc, just no deals on those.

Finding the 34 factory grip2 pretty average.
It's crazy stiff but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. It's excellent when riding hard but a bit harsh for general trail chatter. I'm waiting for more shims from Shock Craft so I can rake some compression damping out of it.
Also, the axle thing while very cool is a pain in the ass.
For old man trail riding I like my Pike with HC97, then Ohlins 36 and then Mezzer. If it was going to be a bit more rowdy, reverse the order.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
It's crazy stiff but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. It's excellent when riding hard but a bit harsh for general trail chatter. I'm waiting for more shims from Shock Craft so I can rake some compression damping out of it.
For old man trail riding I like my Pike with HC97, then Ohlins 36 and then Mezzer. If it was going to be a bit more rowdy, reverse the order.
I thought the axle was just a bolt up now with the Hex shape?

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Cheers. I'd read the same in a few other places especially for lighter people at the shorter travel.