Fox 34 140 v pike 140

Jpez

Down on the left!
Do all the utes fit in the carpark or do you have to park awkwardly in the street blocking access for other road users. ;)
Plenty of room. But we like to park half on the nature strip half on the road so
1. Our oversized mirrors don’t get hit by idiots in cars and
2. Parking like that makes us look more 4WDy Like at the car yard when they display a glorious new ranger up on one ramp stretching those shocks out! Although since my 4WD is only 2wd I had to get my missus in her Lexus to tow me out last Sunday as we’d made a bit of a mess.
But since it’s a philosophy club we’re all a bit angsty and in two minds about it all.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Is the fork for a trail bike on bigger bike duties?

My Mezzer does not start singing until you are really pushing it hard - I should note it does not have all the fancy internals.
Hopefully the Mattoc has a little more small bump sensitivity for a true 'trail bike' riding experience
Don’t want this one for big bike duties. I think the mezzer would be overkill for this one

Scotty675

Cable thief
Left field but I am very happy with my Cane Creek Helm Mk2. Internally adjustable from 140-160. Bolt in token adjuster, slippery seals, good small bump and ramps up nicely. Stiff for a 35 chassis.
I did have the helm mk2 on the list as well as Ohlins 34. The Ohlins I crossed of as I’d like to try an Ohlins 36 air on another bike at some stage

Scotty675

Cable thief
I normally over fork all my bikes. This time I’m sticking 140mm as recommended (norco optic). Will be for light trail duties, nothing to extreme. Weight isn’t a major concern, but was thinking a trail fork hence 34 or 35 stanchions.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I'm testing out a mezzer at 140mm, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not convinced it'll be any good with the reduction in travel but time will tell.
Any feedback on this setup? The current deals have me thinking about trying one on the front of my ripley @140mm. Total overkill and probably better off looking at the mattoc, just no deals on those.

Finding the 34 factory grip2 pretty average.