Friday Night Winter Track Racing

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Speaking of loosing things did anyone see me left lung last week, its an old colapse fleshy thing which I cough up every now and again. (he he)
I think you'll find there a pile of them next to the lift, have a look through them tonight and see if you can find one that fits.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Race Report

Warm-up Scratch Race. The Plan roll - around and conserve energy. Finding myself 4 from the front with two laps to go Ray Gorrel starts to wind it up 3rd wheel drops off and have to go around and I'm chasing the first two. Get third and am feeling good

Wheel Race. The plan - go fast. I had a good mark and caught the front markers with two laps to go, at the same time the guys who had started just behind and infront of me had caught me so I went, argh! too early. The finish was slow and messy but I was way out of it.

Field Sprint. The plan - not throw-up. Not recovered from the wheelrace yet, managed not to throw-up but finished nowhere

Motopace. The plan get the wheel on the Motor (Sean Hopkins) and hang on as long as possible. Not sure how long I held on for its all a bit of a blur, but with 4 laps to go I was gone I swing off the front ready to just sit up and roll around to warm down. The problem is I notice that there is only 3 of us left at the front, quick sprint to get back on to Matt Hynes and a young kid (Illawarra colours I think). Young kid gets on the front and gets away from me and Matt we swap a turn or two and we're catching him. With a lap and a bit to go I messed up a turn, - I'd slowed down too much and Matt decided to come around me just as I swung up. Momentum lost the next group caught us. Again nothing left do do anything much as they passed me.

Ideal preparation for the Angry Doctor :eek:

JasonB

Likes Bikes
I'm out this week, been far too sick to contemplate riding
Not good Rob, wondered where you were, thought you were at the 12 hr.

I thought it was a fast night, well I moved to div 4 and was amazed at the speed, I looked at my speedo and we were doing 52kmh. I am one of the slowest riders there but I still enjoy it and watching the top div riders belt out the speed is awesome.

JasonB

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Still not good either, I'll probably miss Wednesday's olde fartes, but fingers crossed for Friday

Here's the updated point score, Dunk still holding on to 3rd place with just two more rounds remaining

Jasco (div 3)________165
Alchemist (div 4)____144
Dunk (div 3)_________109

JasonB (div 5)_______100
Fatnold (div 4)_______84
Nige (div 4)__________65
Sprinter 96 (div 3)___61
Mr Pants (div 4)______50
Gary (div 4)__________48
Juzzy (div 4)_________46
Poncho (div 5)________42

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hoping JasonB doesn't turn up for th next two weeks and it's mine, either that or I'm quiting my job here to fly back to Sydney for the points:D

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hoping JasonB doesn't turn up for th next two weeks and it's mine, either that or I'm quiting my job here to fly back to Sydney for the points:D
Do it! :D:D

They got the timeblaster last week though, so no massive tab on the bar on the last night :(

-Garth

JasonB

Likes Bikes
You could be in luck as I am keen to get down to Canberra to do a bit of mountain biking which I haven't done for months.

regards
JasonB

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well it looks like this week is going to be a big one at the track! We've got a couple of melbournites making the trip up to come turn left with us. Possibilty of a cafe ride the next morning, but nothing solid yet.

-Garth

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just found out I've got to come to Sydney for training soon, hoping to make it a friday in the next week or two, seeing as I work for one of the sponsors now[/fingers crossed]

Last edited:

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just found out I've got to come to Sydney for training soon, hoping to make it a friday in the next week or two, seeing as I work for one of the sponsors now[/fingers crossed]
Well the 21st is the last week! Here's hoping :)

Who are you working for? Maersk?

-Garth

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn right, it takes me longer to unlock/lock bikes at either end of the ride than it does to ride:D

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good luck to all tonight. I'm going to head out to the Midvale Speeddome to race tonight here in Perth:D Last race till summer apparently.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I'm not sure if I'll manage anything more than a roll around tonight.

JasonB is apparently out so looks like you'll hold 3rd place for another week.