From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea - Transition Spur

Vengeance99

Cannon Fodder
@ozzybmx liking your spur and the components you are throwing on there.
I built up my med spur deep sea a month back. Waited for the frame since Dec last year.

Was hoping to get it down to similar numbers as you but decided to throw gx axs upgrade and 210 oneup dropper so porked it up a bit.
Am interested in that 77designz one piece stem you ordered. 50gr + saving on a stem alone is quite significant. I have the oneup carbon bar at 20 min rise as well and looks like most people end up marking the marking the bar during install?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx liking your spur and the components you are throwing on there.
I built up my med spur deep sea a month back. Waited for the frame since Dec last year.

Was hoping to get it down to similar numbers as you but decided to throw gx axs upgrade and 210 oneup dropper so porked it up a bit.
Am interested in that 77designz one piece stem you ordered. 50gr + saving on a stem alone is quite significant. I have the oneup carbon bar at 20 min rise as well and looks like most people end up marking the marking the bar during install?
Yes I read that on the video comments so I sent them a message, the reply I posted a couple of pages back on this thread.
This was about the carbon OneUp 20mm riser bar.

ozzybmx

Tell them they look oval for some reason.
Going to be hard to measure the ERD :oops:

I have ordered the standard 240 decal with the Northern Irish flag in one sector, they were $10, will see what it looks like, maybe Dirty Harry will get a go on there.

There is an eBay seller from Spain doing EXP gradient decals, also an option.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just received this picture from Nextie for 'review'

370g Nextie Premium AM rims are ready and being shipped today by EMS.

View attachment 376630
I was so tempted to buy these instead of my last pair, but I:
A) Am heavy.
B) Am a hack.
C) Have heard some horrible bottom-out noises (but got away without damage) from my current 'Enduro" lay-up Nexties due to inattention about line choice/accuracy.
D) All of the above.

ozzybmx

I was so tempted to buy these instead of my last pair, but I:
A) Am heavy.
B) Am a hack.
C) Have heard some horrible bottom-out noises (but got away without damage) from my current 'Enduro" lay-up Nexties due to inattention about line choice/accuracy.
D) All of the above.
They are only for my Spur, they are a lot lighter than the enduro rims I have ran on the last few bikes.

My Highlander has the standard NXT29AM35's, a lot beefier and would handle more abuse, built with 32h rims and DT350s, they were 1779g https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...-with-for-your-bike-today.235524/post-3383862

The Premium NXT29XM33 are a bit lighter duty and the intention is they will be ridden in that way, they are 28h and will be built with DT Aerocomps (flat DT Competitions) and the above 240's. Hoping the wheelset with be just over 1450g.

ozzybmx

Got them in my hot little hands, published weight was 370g per rim in AM build, ended up 361g and 363g :)

Published ERD was 587mm... this has been the closest ERD in many years of Nextie rims, some times its been 6mm out.
My measured ERD is 589mm, only 2mm out. In the past I have had to order a new batch of spokes due to published ERD.
Looks like its getting better.

Now just need to order the spokes and probably a 4 week wait from Ze Germans for AeroComps.

ozzybmx

The cheap eBay custom 240 decals with the Northern Ireland flag have been fitted along with a real 54t Star ratchet.

Because I bought an original 240 rear and an EXP front, the new EXP front is slightly wider and the front decal does not cover the new painted decal, it can be seen below the front hub decal.

The rear was a sticker that was easily peeled off.

ozzybmx

Got the 77Designz stem fitted to my 20mm rise OneUp with minimal scuffing.

It took a little shave of paint and clear coat off the back side of the bar. It looks worse on the macro photo but you wouldn't notice it unless it was pointed out.

Didn't help that with my messing around, I initially fitted the stem the wrong way around, so had to remove it and push it on again :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

The rest of the job, 690 front, 792 rear, complete wheelset at 1482g or 1480g on the other scales that only measure in 10g increments.

I ended up going with regular DT Comps rather than DT AeroComps as the small weight saving was not worth the hassle.

Also fitted the new e13 HelixR cassette.

The bike is now 11.620kg, so without pedals (11.3kg) as the others in the range are weighed, brings it right down between the $12k/X01/11.4kg Spur and the $15k/AXS/11.2kg top of the range Spur weight :)

Just need the Formula Cura brakes back in stock and mission completed.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
The rest of the job, 690 front, 792 rear, complete wheelset at 1482g or 1480g on the other scales that only measure in 10g increments.

I ended up going with regular DT Comps rather than DT AeroComps as the small weight saving was not worth the hassle.

Also fitted the new e13 HelixR cassette.

The bike is now 11.620kg, so without pedals (11.3kg) as the others in the range are weighed, brings it right down between the $12k/X01/11.4kg Spur and the $15k/AXS/11.2kg top of the range Spur weight :)

Just need the Formula Cura brakes back in stock and mission completed.

View attachment 378435

View attachment 378436
Nice work. Looking forward to a ride report to see how it goes with light wheels. Out of interest, did you achieve that weight at lower cost than the complete XO1?

ozzybmx

Nice work. Looking forward to a ride report to see how it goes with light wheels. Out of interest, did you achieve that weight at lower cost than the complete XO1?
Well under, I have got there for not much more than the price of the GX. Definitely under 10k all in going on that I paid $6999 for the bike which is now $7499.

Looking forward to a ride tomorrow after I finish my nightshift round.

Hopefully a bit of sunshine and I'll get a few photos, then final upload and we'll put this thread to bed :D

ozzybmx

Ok, last entry in the Spur thread.

The bike is now finished its diet apart from brakes but the quad piston Deores feel the same as my quad XT's and no big rush to swap them for the out of stock Cura's anyway.

I would like to say the new wheels feel like lightning but 2 x leg days at the gym this week and walking is a struggle. They do feel good though.

Very surprised at the e13 cassette, shifting feels really good !

Only a short ride as we had rain this morning, the bike was filthy by the time I got home.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ok, last entry in the Spur thread.

The bike is now finished its diet apart from brakes but the quad piston Deores feel the same as my quad XT's and no big rush to swap them for the out of stock Cura's anyway.

I would like to say the new wheels feel like lightning but 2 x leg days at the gym this week and walking is a struggle. They do feel good though.

Very surprised at the e13 cassette, shifting feels really good !

Only a short ride as we had rain this morning, the bike was filthy by the time I got home.

View attachment 378528

View attachment 378529

View attachment 378530

View attachment 378531
Better not be the last post!

I want to know long-term impressions, ride characteristics and when it gets yoinked from you! :p

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
With #2 sniffing around it today, I wouldn't be surprised if he yoinks it off you before the ypinker gets his grubby little mitts on it.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk