Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Plow King

Little bit.
nope..............
Fuck.

In other news...

I have some disposable income so I'm gonna get afew PT sessions to give me an idea of which machines n shit I can use by myself at the gym to bring out abs n arms n stuff. Pretty happy with my back. Rowing machine does a sick jawb. Pretty sure its helped my arms abit too.

Last edited:

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
Ok so obviously a bit of a noob when it comes to all the added extra of getting fitter and "bigger", so my aim is to generally get fitter and more "built". so just recommendations a small reviews of whats worked for you if your trying to do the same thing and the like. Thanks for the help so far.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Fuck.

In other news...

I have some disposable income so I'm gonna get afew PT sessions to give me an idea of which machines n shit I can use by myself at the gym to bring out abs n arms n stuff. Pretty happy with my back. Rowing machine does a sick jawb. Pretty sure its helped my arms abit too.
Maybe ask them to show you a few free weight excercises instead?
Might be a personal thing, but I've always found them to be more effective than machines.

Plow King

Little bit.
Maybe ask them to show you a few free weight excercises instead?
Might be a personal thing, but I've always found them to be more effective than machines.
Yeah cheers mate. Fot sure, I just want to show them stuff I can do by myself as I don't go to the gym with anyone except my cousin however she goes back to england in Afew weeks and I don't think she would make a great spotter :p

Matt H

Eats Squid
Has anyone done much reading into the whole posture side of things?

I've been noticing my hip flexors have been getting stiff after squatting lately, and while I was reading up on flexibility in hip flexors I found out that tight flexors can lead to posterior pelvic tilt, which exaggerates the arch in the lower back. So hopefully if increase the flexibility of my hip flexors and develop more abdominal strength, it will help my squat problems and correct my posture at the same time. It's really interesting stuff.

On that note, effective ab excersises? I've been doing 3 sets of planks holding for 1:20 per set, but was wondering how I can improve this... increase length or add weight (backpack or something)?

Then the only other thing is to try and fix my winged scapula and my posture should be fairly decent.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
The other thing to look out for is your rear delt. You want to make sure when you do shoulders that you work your rear delt as this is what pulls your shoulders back and stopping the hunching that will happen if you work the front and tops of the shoulder.

The hip flexor thing is rather important as well for the reasons you mention.

That's the amazing thing about the body's musculature. It has the ability to make up for shortcomings in other areas. Not that its always a good thing. But it certainly opens your mind to how much we neglect our bodies in general.

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Name: Matt
Height: 172cm
Start Weight: 88.4
Current Weight: 88.4 (as of 8/1. been on a weeks holiday)
Desired Weight: 80 (then 75)
BMI: 29 overweight, all my fat is at my gut

Current Workout Plan:
I have been averaging 4 rides a week for the last 5 months for about 25-30 minutes. I finally bought some knicks so longer time in the saddle is a cert now. My legs are toning up well, no gut loss though- so the diet needs attention! Got a polar watch/cycle thing for xmas too.
Sit-ups and push-ups would be good but i cant seem to remember to do them haha
Iwould love to swim but have no time in the morning and dont feel confident to go to a packed public pool in the arvo. But i might suck it up and buy some goggles to dodge people!
Ive been trying to only eat a piece of fruit, sandwich and a small snack while at work, but a lunch truck comes to work every day. So this year no more (and will save $20!)
The lady and i are also going to give up coke and the once a week maccas (can i blame 2 young boys for that?)

Weights aren't my thing, 11 years ago i weighed 94kg and by eating less, takeaway once a month and riding every possible night i got to 76kg in 12-13 months.

What do you guys do when you feel hungry? More so from boredom at work etc? Chewing gum, water??

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
Name: Matt
Height: 172cm
Start Weight: 88 (which was 3 weeks ago)
Current Weight: 87.1
Desired Weight: 80 (then 75)
BMI: 29 overweight, all my fat is at my gut

Current Workout Plan:
I have been averaging 4 rides a week for the last 5 months for about 25-30 minutes. I finally bought some knicks so longer time in the saddle is a cert now. My legs are toning up well, no gut loss though- so the diet needs attention!
Sit-ups and push-ups would be good but i cant seem to remember to do them haha
Iwould love to swim but have no time in the morning and dont feel confident to go to a packed public pool in the arvo. But i might suck it up and buy some goggles to dodge people!
Ive been trying to only eat a piece of fruit, sandwich and a small snack while at work, but a lunch truck comes to work every day. So this year no more (and will save $20!)
The lady and i are also going to give up coke and the once a week maccas (can i blame 2 young boys for that?)

Weights aren't my thing, 11 years ago i weighed 94kg and by eating less, takeaway once a month and riding every possible night i got to 76kg in 12-13 months.

What do you guys do when you feel hungry? More so from boredom at work etc? Chewing gum, water??
Good job Matt.

The piece of fruit sandwich and snack thing sounds great. Coke. F*$K me coke is a right bastard, I switched to coke zero and I reckon it has been my major cause for weight gain. I used to drink litres of the crap a day. Ever since I stopped the weight seems to have fallen off. Maccas isn't too bad now if you can sum up the will power to ignore some of the meals and dare I say tastier options but if you just grab a sensible burger/sandwhich and a water/diet coke it won't effect anything hell you''ll prob lose weight if you keep up the exercise. I'm gonna highly reccomend you get a gym membership. I pay around $50 a fortnight (it sounds expensive) but it truely is extrordinarly good value. I save atleast $50 a week just by eating less and much much more healthily anyway. The gym keeps you motivated because there are always people there and if you're paying money for the bastard you don't want to let it go to waste. Plus there is every machine under the sun and alot of them have pools too.

Good luck with it mate!

Slip. Right. Sorry for this It's probably been asked a thousand and one times but eh. Alright. I'm pretty much done with weight loss I'm about 74/75kg ATM And I'm really keen to get the abs out. Basically I still have abit of stomach to shift maybe -3 or so kg. So I'm assuming Crunches and sit ups are the best way to define abs and stuff? What number should I be looking at a day. I'm willing to work as hard as possible to get them as quickly and as defined as possible.

Thanks dude!

BTW - " I lost X amount of weight blah blah blah here is a picture* is the single best conversation starter pick up line ever" :D

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Small hamburger meal with diet coke, yum. After going from the usual Large meals to small for a few weeks is a lot easier then going from Large to nothing. Can't even eat a large chips these days, makes you feel so sick.

Update: Was pretty sick for a good 3 weeks there after schoolies so working out was put on hold. Noticed i put a bit back on so I started last week and will hopefully get a fair bit more exercise in this week.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Any one in here have previous experience in reverse pyaramid training?

Sounds like it could be an interesting way to switch things up, but nobody I know seems to have much experience in it.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Slip. Right. Sorry for this It's probably been asked a thousand and one times but eh. Alright. I'm pretty much done with weight loss I'm about 74/75kg ATM And I'm really keen to get the abs out. Basically I still have abit of stomach to shift maybe -3 or so kg. So I'm assuming Crunches and sit ups are the best way to define abs and stuff? What number should I be looking at a day. I'm willing to work as hard as possible to get them as quickly and as defined as possible.

Thanks dude!

BTW - " I lost X amount of weight blah blah blah here is a picture* is the single best conversation starter pick up line ever" :D
Low/med carb, high protein, med fat. All the same stuff I've said before for abs - you can do no ab work and have a sweet 6pack - if there's no fat covering them. You can also have amazing abs covered by fat. Hot tip (and generalisation)- most girls aren't actually impressed by a 6pack and prefer a 'manly' physique with a bit more thickness and enough body fat so that it 'doesn't feel like they are cuddling a rock'. You can't bloody win.

Anyway - get stuck into all the stuff I've said before, chinups, pushups, squats, deadlifts, complex core work. (In many variations). Plus sprints 2-3 x week. Compound resistance work, sprints, with good diet = real changes in 4-8wks.

Most people will end up looking like how they live. Ex fatty who mainly just jogs? That's what you'll get. Ex fatty who does lots of intense resistance and sprint training with a high protein/low-med carb diet + MTB? You're going to see some changes....

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid
Here's one just for you slip...

I've been doing my strength training program 3 times a week and I've gotten really good results from it, but a while back I was interested in getting into some MMA stuff with my friends. The only problem though is that the only times I could go were on my "rest" days, and it was so intense that it was affecting my gym work and I felt like I was over training. I've seen you post before about how you partake in a bit of it so I was wondering how do you recommend working out that kind of stuff?

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Matt H - can be done fairly easily if you keep an eye on a few key things.

1. Moving away from the bodybuilding style of training to failure/major fatigue. No isolation. I go more for quality/lower volume now and can train with great frequency.
2. Diet ratios (I bounce back much better + stronger with good levels of fat)
3. Back yourself, use it to toughen up a bit. Having a week off when you get a bit hurt helps. After a while the stuff that you're struggling to recover from is your warm up.
4. Take a week, or at least 4 or so days off sometimes to recuperate.
5. Buy lots of strapping tape.
6. Worry less about what the magazines/forums etc say about recover and make it such a big difficult thing to achieve. Bodies adapt. (Not saying you do worry, but we spent a lot of time 'worrying' about diet/recovery/failure good or bad/blah blah blah)

Look at what you're doing overall, another PT I work/spar with has stopped doing gym style weights altogether, as have I (for our own priorities and results, not bagging gym). Wrestling/Jui Jitsu works your back bigtime. My lats were aching after 3 of those in 2 days - doing a back workout at the gym would have been crazy. Similarly, if your priority is the gym, 3 x fullbody and 3 x MMA is going to be a little tough early on. Tone the gym sessions down and it'd be quite alright though. I focus more on doing things easily with good balance/power now and it's much easier to recover from - quality and speed keeps you away from that hard to recover from fatigue.

Plow King

Little bit.
Low/med carb, high protein, med fat. All the same stuff I've said before for abs - you can do no ab work and have a sweet 6pack - if there's no fat covering them. You can also have amazing abs covered by fat. Hot tip (and generalisation)- most girls aren't actually impressed by a 6pack and prefer a 'manly' physique with a bit more thickness and enough body fat so that it 'doesn't feel like they are cuddling a rock'. You can't bloody win.

Anyway - get stuck into all the stuff I've said before, chinups, pushups, squats, deadlifts, complex core work. (In many variations). Plus sprints 2-3 x week. Compound resistance work, sprints, with good diet = real changes in 4-8wks.

Most people will end up looking like how they live. Ex fatty who mainly just jogs? That's what you'll get. Ex fatty who does lots of intense resistance and sprint training with a high protein/low-med carb diet + MTB? You're going to see some changes....
Sick. Thanks dude.

With some good strategic lighting I can see the top 2 (just). So I'm gonna hit up crunches, push ups, sit up etc.. Aswell as keeping up the cardio. I'm gonna get the Weights out and hit them up. Will have a quick browse of the thread to see your rep info and stuff.

Plow King

Little bit.
Alright.

I'm doing all that shit so I hope to see some results soonish. I'm taking pictures every 2 weeks so I'll post em all up in one big bunch once I'm happy :)

P.S - Slip. What do you think about the spritns and stuff? At the moment I usually just do 15-20minutes on the tredmill jogging at 11kph then every 3 minutes I run at about 13 for a minute then slow it abck down again and finish when I'm pretty well farked (i,e 20mins) lol.

Does that sound about right for sprints or should I just be flat out?

Matt H

Eats Squid
You could look into HIIT or "Tabata" methods for interval stuff. I've never done it myself but I've read that it can be great cardio.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have lost ten kilos since schoolies... thanks fatty liver and zero alcohol!

Eating healthy and running each day for about an hour.

Gold.

Plow King

Little bit.
You could look into HIIT or "Tabata" methods for interval stuff. I've never done it myself but I've read that it can be great cardio.
Alright sweet, thanks mate will google it before I head to the gym.

I have lost ten kilos since schoolies... thanks fatty liver and zero alcohol!

Eating healthy and running each day for about an hour.

Gold.
Awesome work mate!

Keep it up!

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers Plow King!

You can sure notice the difference, we atleast the girlfriend can...

Anyway, my goal weight is 85kg. Only 4 kilos to knock off!

Plow King

Little bit.
Cheers Plow King!

You can sure notice the difference, we atleast the girlfriend can...

Anyway, my goal weight is 85kg. Only 4 kilos to knock off!
Keep up running and you'll be there in no time!

Good work.

BBL GYMAMAMATMTHAOHTAGYM

Gotta have a convo about Sandras husband. FML.