Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Had a sick day today. Did 5 sets of deadlifts, then for my 6th set I pulled 1x180kg the easiest I've ever done it. Might try 185kg next week. That 200 is so close I can taste it.

clockworked

Like an orange
What were your faults?
He classily called it the butt wink. Which didn't immediately draw me to his argument. But basically when i reach around horizontal thighs i have a tendancy to roll my pelvis as i dip lower, instead of keeping it set with my back

like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZqfXNEDvo (interestingly, when i searched youtube the video that came up was of gym at sydney uni where i train! That squat cage is exactly where i fuck my technique up! haha)

Had a sick day today. Did 5 sets of deadlifts, then for my 6th set I pulled 1x180kg the easiest I've ever done it. Might try 185kg next week. That 200 is so close I can taste it.

awesome! keep it up mate!

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
yeah, should of asked him about proper kipping technique... or if he has a good source for paleo organic beef. or other blinding oxymorons
ahahah yeah. Its funny how some crossfit people get the full 'God Complex' thing happening. Kinda ruins the whole atmosphere. If you want to really break crossfit down its basically an amped up circuit interval system with oly lifts...meh

People should just do what they want...

You want to lift heavy stuff-go power lift
You want to be a ganrly runner- go run

I crossfit casue it works for me.... Im not going to get all nazi telling other people what to do and eat, I have way too much fun getting all crazy once a week on $2.50 coronas and kebabs to even bother.

On a side note weve had some strongmen store there goodies at the gym. Man those guys are strong! One of them was doing one armed clean and push press of 75kg!!!
Been playing with atlas stones,Yokes and those really phat bars all week. Holy awesome.

my02

Likes Dirt
I saw an article on Crossfit tonight about benching technique. It talked about the bending the bar and stretching the bar techniques plus some other pointers.

I thought I'd give it a try with a light weight and see how it felt. I also experimented with hand width going wider than normal (hands outside the rings).

It felt easy enough so I put 100 on - very easy.
120 for a not easy but not struggling 2
130 for a solid 1.

I called it quits there as I haven't done proper benching for a couple of years (pretty chuffed with that weight). I'd say I should get my old PB of 140 for 2 by late January and maybe upto 150 by middle of the year?

Only issue now is that due to my current back injury, my bench is better than my DL and squat!

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
I saw an article on Crossfit tonight about benching technique. It talked about the bending the bar and stretching the bar techniques plus some other pointers.
Yep, I've always found that trying to tear the bar in half always helps me get out the last few reps. Whether its physiological or not, I'm not sure, but it works for me.

In other news, I'm feeling / looking pretty average after 2 weeks mostly off the gym on the booze and eating anything and everything. Actually excited to be getting back in the gym tomorrow and getting back to some normal/healthy habits.

I also tried the 100 Burpee challenge last week. Holy sh!t is all I can say, didn't time accurately but must of been close to 15 mins. Just to clarify, Steve-O, do you have a vid of what is considered 'good form'? I don't think my lats and obliques have never been this sore.

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I've always found that trying to tear the bar in half always helps me get out the last few reps. Whether its physiological or not, I'm not sure, but it works for me.

In other news, I'm feeling / looking pretty average after 2 weeks mostly off the gym on the booze and eating anything and everything. Actually excited to be getting back in the gym tomorrow and getting back to some normal/healthy habits.

I also tried the 100 Burpee challenge last week. Holy sh!t is all I can say, didn't time accurately but must of been close to 15 mins. Just to clarify, Steve-O, do you have a vid of what is considered 'good form'? I don't think my lats and obliques have never been this sore.

Good burpee form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE&feature=youtube_gdata_player. Not sure if that worked...

My lats were sore for atleast a week. Was very painful!

I've been out of proper gym and dieting for 3 weeks now. Actually not that bad. Haven't gotten any fatter despite becoming an eating machine on holidays lol looking forward to getting back into it when I get back home!

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDAPnajWq-0&feature=related

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
About to head in for the first gym sesh of 2012. Can't wait to see all the new-year-resolutioners attempting to do excercises that could only be described as looking like a chimpanzee having sex with itself, using 2.5kg dumbells, for a solid 50 reps.

my02

Likes Dirt
135 on the bench tonight.

Also had my first go at doing push ups and dips on some new rings that I bought.

The bench was easier than 10 solid pushups on those things!! Dips were practically dangerous!

clockworked

Like an orange
christmas holidays to vanuatu+end of year exams... lost weight on my shoulder press from two months ago! gave myself a nosebleed on the squat to get my pb from the same two month old benchmark.

got 110kg on the bench though, so one positive.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
LOL I'm doing Starting Strength 3x5 and my bench has been stalled for weeks at 50kg. Should I consider dumbell bench for a while, or try some higher rep work?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2012 Checkin' in!

Sitting here fatter and skinnier then I once was. Not so good. Plan of attack for this year is pretty simple, Eat healthy and lift weights. I won't be counting my food too closely and I won't be training as intense as I was, focusing on more volume. Will do this until I hit 200+ DL, 100B, 130 SQ and then keep going until I stall.

Going to be a big year, I strongly reccomend everyone take before pictures now. I find there great to look back on to see where you were and how far you have come. It's pretty hard to see your own gains when you see yourself alot lol.