Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Onto more important matters...

How do these beasties look with white rims? Anyone seen one, or can point me in the direction of a photo of one?

Taxman was good and I need to spend...

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
They look like any MTB with white rims: as if a person of questionable sexuality is riding it. (Or worse, a triathlete...)

Lard

Likes Dirt
Onto more important matters...

How do these beasties look with white rims? Anyone seen one, or can point me in the direction of a photo of one?

Taxman was good and I need to spend..

I have white wheels, buy me an Anthem 29er and I'll send you a picture :)

Bodin

GMBC
Those with an aftermarket seat post, are you running zero offset or a setback?
Running a straight Thomson, but it feels a little too forward to me. Will go back to the original post to see if setback works better. To be honest, I'm having more trouble with the fit on the AX29 than I did on the XTC29. Might just need to swap the whole cockpit over and see how that goes for a bit.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes think set back is required - couldn't get the ride position right with straight stem (waste of a thomson seat post!). think frame design is based on a set back seat post.

skinya

Likes Dirt
cockpit setup

I too have found it much harder to get the setup dialled on the anthem than the xtc 29er.Tried the plumbob method but appears too bring the seat too far forward. I have same seat ,grips and bars on both.What shock and fork pressures are you 100k + farkers riding?:p

notime

Likes Dirt
I have a layback thompson but have now ended up with my saddle all the way forward. Until last week it's been sitting neutralish, but upon a recomendation after discussing handling issues with a pro I have moved it forward. Riding the local's this morning it has sorted my handling issue out. I am doing the 3 ring this weekend so if all goes well then I would be looking to swap a 400 thompson layback for a strait.

I run a fair bit of post so by the time it goes up, I am a fair way behind the BB.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I'm running the stock post at the moment, but with the saddle almost all the way forward. I think that's been a pretty common setup. If/when i look to upgrade the post (i.e. the next round of upgradeitis), i'll probably lean towards a straight post.

Dictatorsaurus

Likes Bikes
I have a layback thompson but have now ended up with my saddle all the way forward. Until last week it's been sitting neutralish, but upon a recomendation after discussing handling issues with a pro I have moved it forward. Riding the local's this morning it has sorted my handling issue out. I am doing the 3 ring this weekend so if all goes well then I would be looking to swap a 400 thompson layback for a strait.

I run a fair bit of post so by the time it goes up, I am a fair way behind the BB.
Keep us updated on how the layback thomson works out for you. I'm also running a layback thomson and considering switching it for a straight post.

Bodin

GMBC
Keep us updated on how the layback thomson works out for you. I'm also running a layback thomson and considering switching it for a straight post.
I'm running a straight Thomson and was not happy with the rails neutral, but pushed the seat back 10mm yesterday and it felt much better. I was originally considering a layback, but it seemed too much and I think I was right.

Regarding the front end, I've got a 110mm zero degree Thomson with 620mm Giant SLR risers with the stem on the lowest position on the steerer. Feels too upright and I think I have to go back to a flat bar, possibly with a bit more width. It's not bad as it is, but it's NQR yet.

dbm081

Likes Bikes
What are people's thoughts on the new spec/look of the 2012 anthem 29er, particularly the switch from fox to rock shox?

icarus_m

Likes Bikes
What are people's thoughts on the new spec/look of the 2012 anthem 29er, particularly the switch from fox to rock shox?
For the benefit of anyone else that googled furiously after reading the above, the 2012 Giant range is supposedly featured in this month's AMB magazine. Mine hasn't been delivered yet, so I can't confirm this. Not sure if that's dbm's source, but I can't find any info anywhere else.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For the benefit of anyone else that googled furiously after reading the above, the 2012 Giant range is supposedly featured in this month's AMB magazine. Mine hasn't been delivered yet, so I can't confirm this. Not sure if that's dbm's source, but I can't find any info anywhere else.
And I thought I was the only one going mad.

Found some tidy info on 2012 XTC 29 though.

dbm081

Likes Bikes
I'm only going off what I saw in amb. Did see the xtc29 0 in a local shop this afternoon sporting the same shiny frame style as the 2011 anthem 29er.

cammas

Seamstress
I'm only going off what I saw in amb. Did see the xtc29 0 in a local shop this afternoon sporting the same shiny frame style as the 2011 anthem 29er.
Was there prices in AMB, I don't have a copy yet I was told that prices would not change but I was also told the spec were staying the same now they have gone to rock shox