Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

krisko

Likes Dirt
I weighed the standard wheels at between 1800grams - 1900grams
Yes you read that correctly they are light!

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
I weighed the standard wheels at between 1800grams - 1900grams
Yes you read that correctly they are light!
Nice, thats a lot better than the 2kg+ number that was floating around. Only problem is its going to be harder/more expensive to shed more weight :p

krisko

Likes Dirt
Bar, Stem and seatpost are heavy and there is 300grams to be saved by being savvy with replacements.

Cassette is 310grams surprisingly light for a 11-36!

Regardless the total weight is low, especially the front end with the fit fork and makes lifting the wheel and throwing the bike around easy.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Hey Jubas,
How are you travelling with your bike? Is it in yet?
Nothing yet mate - I was told this week (week 34 i believe) so it could feasibly be later on.. I'm resisting giving my lbs a call as I don't want to pester them too much haha

Yourself?

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
It's in the shop now with my name tag on it!
Should have a chance to grab it tomorrow. My shop said they are having a hard time getting their hands on them as well, so I guess I'm lucky I have a fairly good relationship with them so I got first dibs!
Seeing it in the flesh was good though, nice to finally see what I have paid for!
FYI XL with pedals 12.2!

Jubas

Likes Dirt
It's in the shop now with my name tag on it!
Should have a chance to grab it tomorrow. My shop said they are having a hard time getting their hands on them as well, so I guess I'm lucky I have a fairly good relationship with them so I got first dibs!
Seeing it in the flesh was good though, nice to finally see what I have paid for!
FYI XL with pedals 12.2!
Sigh.. i hope my shop hasn't let me down!

Fat Paddy: RLC was the final result..

Mal01

Likes Dirt
Anyone else think that's it's remarkable that the price here is cheaper than in the US?

A$3499 vs US$3675

I'm sure ours is the US "1" ... unless we only get the RL fork?

When does that ever happen? :) :) :)

Last edited:
My brother picked his up tonight and is getting mine tomorrow then delivering to Canberra on Thursday. He was told that there are 60 on order in the ACT by the Giant rep. I imagine that's from the bike shops, not direct to customer but Giant can't meet the demand at the moment. :eek:

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Anyone else think that's it's remarkable that the price here is cheaper than in the US?

A$3499 vs US$3675

Yeah its incredible. Compare prizes of US and AUD on any Specy, or say Santa Cruz etc, its almost double. Massive kudos to Giant for not ripping us off, and actually looking at the exchange rate.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
If they looked at the exchange rate, we'd still be more expensive than the US (but only marginally).
The current situation is pretty unique, but for how long? For those who want to buy but can't at the moment (like me) I have a sinking feeling that the price will "normalise" i.e. go up. Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic!

auskonrad

Likes Dirt
If they looked at the exchange rate, we'd still be more expensive than the US (but only marginally).
The current situation is pretty unique, but for how long? For those who want to buy but can't at the moment (like me) I have a sinking feeling that the price will "normalise" i.e. go up. Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic!
Surely you could just put 10% deposit down (and even then I've had a deposit that was just $20 once) on the bike to secure the sale at today's price - so you don't get hit with the increase later?

Mal01

Likes Dirt
I think you'd need to add sales tax depending on the state you bought it in in the US too.
Whatever. According to the bible, "At 8.25%, California has the highest state sales tax in the United States, which can total up to 10.75% with local sales tax included." My back-of-the-envelope calc makes that additional 0.75% over GST an extra $30.

However you look at it, we're miles (1.6 kms) ahead. Thanks Giant Australia! :)

Monks

Likes Dirt

A$3499 vs US$3675

might want to take into consideration the shipping of the items is from China, and it's closer to Australia, than the USA.