Giant Trance 29er

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The Pressfit BB complaints are a little like complaining about Internet Explorer; they went through a bad phase for a while and collected a reputation for a lack of performance they have both long since outgrown, but the perception that they're inferior seems to have stuck regardless.
Now there's an argument you don't see every day!

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Pressfit BB complaints are a little like complaining about Internet Explorer; they went through a bad phase for a while and collected a reputation for a lack of performance they have both long since outgrown, but the perception that they're inferior seems to have stuck regardless.
I would still use Netscape navigator if I could.
Given the choice I would stick with the more simple option. GT Sensor is looking good now.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A Giant priced at a level that competes with the boutique manufactures. Enough said. The benefit as others have mentioned, will be warranty and I'm sure it rides great, most bikes do these days.

And I strangely agree with Zaf on the PF bottom bracket. Last few bikes with them have been completely trouble free. I will concede however if I was given the choice of two identical frames, one with PF and the other threaded. Well, I'll take the threaded any day. But I'm not going to knock a bike off my short list for its BB standard. A drink bottle in the main triangle however...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
But I'm not going to knock a bike off my short list for its BB standard. A drink bottle in the main triangle however...
I'm guessing there's no crazy expensive German gearbox bike in your future then.

On the other hand how many bottle cage mounts can you see in this picture? Oh and don't forget the two underneath.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
So much machine run time! I'd like to see what the glue bonding it together's like after 2 years riding though.

Oddjob

Purple anno, gonna have to just start calling you "Norm" from now on.
That's @Ezkaton's baby not mine. I'm going for red anno.

So much machine run time! I'd like to see what the glue bonding it together's like after 2 years riding though.
If its the same glue that Boeing use it will probably still be around in 60 years.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Might be OK. Cracknfail have been making the hollowgram cranks that way for a long time however Shitmano's glued road cranks have been literally coming apart at the seams. Suggests it's quite a tricky thing to get right.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Has anyone actually paid RRP for a Giant? 3 seconds into their model year they seem to start discounting. Wait until it approaches the end of the model year and the price is dropping harder than the Venezuelan dollar.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Has anyone actually paid RRP for a Giant? 3 seconds into their model year they seem to start discounting. Wait until it approaches the end of the model year and the price is dropping harder than the Venezuelan dollar.
Isn't this the key to any bike?

Oddjob

It just occurred to me that of the frame's pictured, mine is not only more capable of holding more water bottles, it actually is.
Also, the Giant Trance will be on it's second iteration by the time you have that Pole into even a rolling package.
Hush impatient one. You will be serviced by my Pole soon enough.