Giant US 2015 Trail & XC

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
Yeah been keeping on eye on that thread, really keen to see the Reign in the flesh.

Interesting that some of the models are a cheaper than the US site and others are more expensive. For the riders posted a few pics and prices on their Facebook today - https://www.facebook.com/fortheriders

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
where did you see this? I have been told otherwise
There was one at Giants 2015 launch in Melbourne yesterday although Its not in the retailer catalogue that was handed out :noidea:

Also, giant have no completely dropped OD2. Some bikes have it and some don't.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Does anyone have any updates on the Aus launch - specs and prices?

The Giant Australia FB page is almost devoid of any info - same with their Liv launch, I got way more info from the female athletes that attended, but there's been almost none I've seen from people attending the Giant launch.

Website doesn't appear to be updated, that could be a while off. Basically I mainly want a price on the Anthem Advanced 1 27.5, and confirmation that it's similar spec to last year of the US model (ie, XT).
RRP on the Anthem Adv. 1 is $4499. Will double check specs when I get a chance but pretty sure it's much the same.

teK--

Eats Squid
Stiffness is always a marketing term, a stems stiffness becomes a little pointless when just below it is a suspension fork that twists and wobbles all over the place ( hell, a lose caliper boot will make it vibrate like a mofo ), then compliant spokes and a compliant fat tyre at low pressure.

Giant just needed a couple more manufacturers to get on board- thankfully, the bike buying public were more pissed off about it than lovin' it. Hence they canned it.
Agreed.

That's what I thought all along. The steerer is only one of many parts at the front end that can flex. When I challenged the salesperson as to how much total flex was reduced he couldn't answer the question.

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
No Trance SX

Guys here in Canberra tell me no Trance SX which is a real bummer for me. The spec and price looked pretty good for the type of riding I do.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
RRP on the Anthem Adv. 1 is $4499. Will double check specs when I get a chance but pretty sure it's much the same.
Shame about the price increase. The SX is 4999 - 5575 in the US.
Full XT kit (well, with the exception of consumables in form of HG81 [SLX] cassette & KMC chain) again. Better wheels, being carbon this time, so that'd be where the price increase has come from.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Flow said Reign and Glory to be announced on 6th or 7th August and up on the website. Rest will be on the website in the next day or so. Also said Giant dealer should have pricing so I have asked my local Giant dealer for a price on the Reign 2. Would love one, just not sure about having another bike. Will be a 10kg 29hardtail, 29 Trance XO (seems these are no more?), old 26" Fuji hardtail and a flat bar. 1 more can't hurt. Anyone want to buy a 1yr old 29 Trance XO? lol

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
The suspension technology is called flex point? What the good grief?
It's kinda like the Canondale scalpel where the chainstays would flex instead of having a pivot. The difference here is that there is still a main pivot down by the bottom bracket but the stays still flex to compensate for the absence of the maestro link.

Flow said Reign and Glory to be announced on 6th or 7th August and up on the website. Rest will be on the website in the next day or so. Also said Giant dealer should have pricing so I have asked my local Giant dealer for a price on the Reign 2. Would love one, just not sure about having another bike. Will be a 10kg 29hardtail, 29 Trance XO (seems these are no more?), old 26" Fuji hardtail and a flat bar. 1 more can't hurt. Anyone want to buy a 1yr old 29 Trance XO? lol
Yep, Reign coming soon. 100% positive on this.

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Think this but with a pivot.

Also there is a Reign video up on Flow
Kind of but nowhere near as crude in execution as the KHS. The Stance still has a main pivot and pivots at the top linkage. It just doesn't have the second pivot/maestro link behind the BB.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The Reign and new Glory absolutely do exist and will be in the range, but as pointed out elsewhere are being kept under wraps until the official global launch on August 6th. The images & specs are in the dealer manual, but won't be published anywhere until after launch. That's only one more week away, I'm sure you can hang on that long....

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Full XT kit (well, with the exception of consumables in form of HG81 [SLX] cassette & KMC chain) again. Better wheels, being carbon this time, so that'd be where the price increase has come from.
So that is an xc dually (composite I assume) with carbon wheels for how much $RRP??