Girls Only Phat Snaps!

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
actualy i can barely reach them,damn shimanos and there crapy far out levers:( :( i like to prep myself for when i have to brake other wise it dosnt tend to happen.:p

ah here we go again just a couple pics from the mt gambier race a triped across to.
Wow, lookin good Roxy12, you seem to know exactly what you're doing!! You look super confident which is very cool;) How do you find racing? Do you wear much body armour when you race at all?

Go the pink to! nice.

Lis:eek:

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
what you see there is what I race in, I hav e a 661 pro pressure suit but it very very very rarely gets warn.

confident-only to an extent. ive only been rideing approx 8-9 months from november last year with a 4 month gap from when i toltally ruined my hand (started rideing again in april) ha thats actualy 5 months there ya go!.
I definatly have some confidence but im still improving on that everytime i try a new track or a new stunt.

takes time unfortunatly, this brain makes me think twice about stuff.:(

im doing pretty wel for how long ive been rideing im told. but ive alays done tom boy stuff so yeh.........

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
haha youve got me there.
ive broken quite a few bones on the bike but they were on road so it dosnt count realy (arm, right hand, pelvis, shoulder, knee cap it goes on........)

actualy racing and dh rideing ive only done the shattered right thumb n broken forefinger, the snapped ligament and tendon, and the cracked knee cap, but that was just one stack:p

injuries suck.........

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
They sure do. My major stacks tend to come in line with when I buy a new bike. Maybe I'm being punished for spending my money!! haha... now I have a beautiful new (expensive) bike sitting in the lounge room that I can't do anything with for another 5 weeks. *hmph* THAT is punishment!!

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
very cool techno but why hasnt she jopined up herself;) :D
She enjoys riding (even verged on enter a DH race last year), and loves riding with other people for the social aspect of it as well as everything else... just beyond the actual biking... her words: "I don't need to talk about it":confused:

Well, can't have everything eh? At least she rides...:)

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
She enjoys riding (even verged on enter a DH race last year), and loves riding with other people for the social aspect of it as well as everything else... just beyond the actual biking... her words: "I don't need to talk about it":confused:

Well, can't have everything eh? At least she rides...:)
Hey Rob, where in Whistler is a River Runs Through It. Looks great but scary. I hate North Shore stuff, prefer jumps and drops. Penny looks really comfortable on it though. Great shots. I think the actual social aspect of riding is one of the best parts of it. But I find talking about it brings you together. Thanks for great pics and story. :D

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Hey Rob, where in Whistler is a River Runs Through It. Looks great but scary. I hate North Shore stuff, prefer jumps and drops. Penny looks really comfortable on it though. Great shots. I think the actual social aspect of riding is one of the best parts of it. But I find talking about it brings you together. Thanks for great pics and story. :D
A River Runs Through It is right inside the municipality of Whistler, in the Whistler Valley. It's on the other side of the valley to Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, but is almost right on the valley floor. VERY easy to get to from the village. Very accesible. If you live in Whistler Quay (a Whistler suburb right next to the village), you can walk a short distance to the entrance of the trail.

A River Runs Through It is a classic Whistler MTB trail that has been there since the 80's. The addition of the stunts and Shore features though is a somewhat recent addition. However, if you were ever going to give that sort of riding a try, it would be the perfect trail to be introduced to it. Everything from super easy, to a bit scary. And imagine a trail with Shore/stunts, that's funded by a very rich municipality, and put together by the best trail builders who have access to funds, materials, and any resources needed to make a trail like this. It's the absolute best quality Shore/stunts I've ever ridden!

Penny got her skills on North Shore stuff there. And she loves it now! (as long as it's not too hard and not too risky).

I guess I do enough talking, reading, etc about MTB... for both Penny and I, so I pick up her slack! ;)

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that Rob, next time we're in Whistler I will look it up. I need some north shore skills.

Good luck to you and Penny and don't worry about the chat. One of you has to do it. :D

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Thanks for that Rob, next time we're in Whistler I will look it up. I need some north shore skills.
Definitely a great place to get into it! Oh, I should mention, that it is a FREE trail (considering that a lot of people may think the only mountain biking in Whistler needs lift-tickets...:)

Good luck to you and Penny and don't worry about the chat. One of you has to do it. :D
Thanks Maxine!:)