Google message

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
For me personally I 100% agree with you - But I am one of the rare ones that use FaceBook for me not for everyone else. If I get a friend request the first thing I do is unfollow you so my feed isn't full of your crap. My only concern is that it has become an everyday part of life for so many people and if it isn't on Facebook it doesn't exist - or Tik Tok or Insta - Social media in general.

I am horrible at keeping in contact with anyone (family / friends etc) and the number of times when I see some one I say "Oh I didn't know" and their response is "But I put it on Facebook". So sadly the only news some of these people ever see is Facebook.

Also how will I know when to be morally outraged and woke if you can't link the news story :)
I do much the same. I don't want dive too deep in the cesspool of FB social media. Good for quick look and all but I just don't care about it that much.

Always makes a handy first point of call to see what people I haven't seen for years have had for lunch though.
Tear me away from that one, please :)

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
You would have to think that they are really unable to figure out the difference between the types of content they let through.

I would have to assume that pinkbike is classed as a news site while gmbn and vita aren't.
On what basis did they make that decision and what else has been caught wrongly in these classification driftnets incorrectly earlier.

Yet I still see get served ad hooey like this in the top right hand corner most days. I'm not in need for either - for the record :oops:
It actually may be something as simple as what box the creator of the page ticked when setting it up.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It actually may be something as simple as what box the creator of the page ticked when setting it up.
Probably is and laziness is usually the easy to follow path in the end.

You would think that FB would add some smarts on top of it. Considering the fake news revolution that has been ramping up for years now and FB will always appear in the crosshairs sooner or later.

stirk

Burner
In Facebook I only ever see friends posts or from people in groups I'm a member of. Am I doing something wrong? If people get actual news from social media it's probably something to do with a cat and these people are likely not interested in what's happening in the real world around them.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Derby, St Helens and Maydena Facebook pages are all down!:eek: Wild Mersey is still up.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Its interesting to read the different forums I am on - They all have wildly different reactions to the situation. Most of the Tech sites are reacting with glee.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It's an interesting situation, as Paul Zanetti commented "news publishers have created free accounts on Facebook (as anyone can), then post dozens of news links on Facebook to their websites, in other words using Facebook as a source of free traffic to their news sites where they charge subscription and earn from ad clicks.
For this free traffic source the news publishers have demanded Facebook (and Google) pay them." I can kind of see their point.

Minlak

custom titis
Why? Do they think it's a major fubar on FB's part or are they just enjoying the chaos?
Mostly enjoying the Chaos - Its the "in" thing to hate on Facebook in an IT setting anyway. Its also quite bemusing where Normies (people) are predicting the end of Facebook yet no one can actually name a viable alternative and they will all just keep doing what they do - If they leave Facebook how will they know when Aunty Mary gets a new BF

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Its also quite bemusing where Normies (people) are predicting the end of Facebook yet no one can actually name a viable alternative and they will all just keep doing what they do - If they leave Facebook how will they know when Aunty Mary gets a new BF
Oh right, like all the boring self-righteous fuckwits virtue signalling how they were on the #deletefacebook bandwagon a couple of years ago only to come crawling back because they were all suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome. Beetota Advocate had a field day with them.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Facebook and google should pay Murdoch, Murdoch should pay fb and google.

Those transactions should zero out each other, and we the taxpayer should lavish ourselves with health and education, from the gst windfall.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk