VIC Granite Grind @ Lake Mtn - Now 2015 on Sat. 21nd Feb

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Hi guys and girls,

Entries are open for the 2013 Granite Grind hosted by Murrindindi Cycle Club (I'm an active member). Slightly different format for this year with hopefully a better track to negotiate. Details on MCC website and entry is via Entry Zone, see below.

Thanks for looking and spread the word :)

https://sites.google.com/site/murrindindicycleclub/granite-grind

http://entryzone.com.au/ Sorry f...g, just trying to put it in the right spot...

Last edited:

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone,

Just a little over a week and a half to go! Hope everyone has the majority of the training done and out of the way. A couple of updates for competitors and their families... We will have a jumping castle running all day at the race 'village' plus as soon as the 4 hour entrants start their race, a short and fun kids race will utilise some of the flatter parts of the course. All in the name of fun and sponsored by the Marysville Lolly Shop.

A shout out to all entrants on the day, our major sponsor, Croydon Cycle Works will be on hand with a selection of tools, spares and gear in case you've forgotten something on the day. Please support them as they have supported us in putting together this race with some fantastic prizes - even some cash for the pointy end of the field!

Happy Trails from MCC

course description?

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone can give a bit of a description of the course in terms of technicality, single track vs double track / fire road, gut busting climbs etc? I have ridden out there once, but was a couple of years ago, can't really remember, and I'm sure there's been plenty of changes since then. Just after a rough idea what to expect, also need to work whether to bring hardtail or dually... Apologies if I've missed it on the on the website somewhere.

Cheers,

Dean.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Hi Dean,

In short, a bit technical in between flowy single track, some of it tight and narrow, with the other part being wider and smooth. No air time so to speak. The bottom half of the course is loose dusty sand/dirt (the more flowy bit), whilst the top half is more granite rocky on top of hard pack. Very dry at the moment so no mud within a 300km radius. The trees are getting re-established so they now offer some respite from the sun. Should be about 27 and partly cloudy on the day... perfect.

The links at the top have a course profile including elevation for you to work out if they are gut busting or not.

Hope this helps.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
entries on the Day???

i may be working on Sunday so haven't entered.
Will it be possible to enter on the day?

If so what time by?

thanks.

whoops just read your web site. yes entries are on the day + $10 thanks . hope to be there.

Last edited:

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Thanks DH,

Try and get a new job before next Feb Steve so you can come up. Your skills honed at your local would transfer well to the Granite @ Lake Mountain.

Last edited:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks DH,

Try and get a new job before next Feb Steve so you can come up...
Believe me Andrew, I love that course up there. I've always wanted to do the race, but shit just keeps screwin' me over every year. I'll have a new job in the next month or so if things go to plan.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Let's hope my pained face avoids the camera!
Great event, pretty top notch facilities for an MTB race!

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Hey OCD'R,

To you, your buddies at MCC, Lake Mountain Resort and all that helped out with the GG, a great congrats!

What I really like about the GG is it so reminds me of true grass roots racing, hard, honest and everyone that has a crack goes home happy. (Sadly not for those who experienced race ending mechanicals).

Heaps of fun.

Thanks.

Mars.

gead

Likes Dirt
Was a great event..... So many cheery volunteers....I really appreciated the encouragement as I 'smashed' the last lap...nice work all round....

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Hey, thanks Mars and Gead - I'll pass the kind words on. Planning has begun for GG '14... Steve B. and John D. are confirmed entries :)

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was a great event..... So many cheery volunteers....I really appreciated the encouragement as I 'smashed' the last lap...nice work all round....
Well done to you and Andrew on a top effort! Congrats!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, thanks Mars and Gead - I'll pass the kind words on. Planning has begun for GG '14... Steve B. and John D. are confirmed entries :)
I'll be there for sure. :) I might even be riding something a little different. ;)