VIC Granite Grind @ Lake Mtn - Now 2015 on Sat. 21nd Feb

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just know I'm gunna cramp up big time (very little riding lately), but I'm really looking forward to this race. I've been keen on it since I've heard about it, and with this year's race being on a Saturday, and nowhere near the Otway Odyssey, I'm there.

I love the tracks at Lake Mountain and from what I've heard, the MCC guys put on an awesome event with a very friendly atmosphere.

Oh, and yeah, Single Speed category ftw! (well it won't be won by me but whatever)

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Going to be a great weekend… demos, shuttle event, jumping castle, showers, cafe, coffee and some awesome trophies :wave:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Normally I'd agree Steve, but this year has been a little different. I've only had two rides so far this year, 6kg overweight, and I'm not feeling very fit. Although I've got a few weeks to train after a job finishes this week and frees up some time, so I may improve a little.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Hi guys. Thinking of coming up from MELB for the granite grind with the family. I want to know is you can enter on the day. My wife and I work shift work in emergency services so if she gets a late job we might not be able to make it.
Also how long does it take to drive from eastern suburbs to lake mountain?
From looking at the website the solo course is 3x 10k laps?

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Just convert the remaining time into dog years… each day is worth seven. Drink beer for two more days and start training on Wednesday?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That means I can taper on Saturday morning before the race. Cool, I like that idea.

I'm not a drinker though so I'll have to find a suitable addictive substitute for the next couple of days...

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Thanks Alan - great info.

For anyone that can't quite commit to entering before registration closes, on the day entries will be more than welcomed. If you are entering the one lap race, the club will waive the late/on the day entry fee.

We want you there and racing!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
great race

Thanks Alan - great info.

For anyone that can't quite commit to entering before registration closes, on the day entries will be more than welcomed. If you are entering the one lap race, the club will waive the late/on the day entry fee.

We want you there and racing!
this is a great race with a wonderful track. I would love to ride it but will be in Echuca .

best wishes to all those who enter.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
I went out and cut a couple of laps with a mate this morning, but sadly I will not be racing this Saturday due to conflicting engagements and Daddy requirements.
Track is in ripper nic for all those racing.

Spewin' as I have done this the last couple of years and it is a cracker event.

If you look up grass roots and how things used to be old school mtb, this is it, a taxing track that if you snooze you lose, but it is oh so much fun and a true MTBkrs track.

I'll be back next year!

Last edited: