Grips (Lock On)

mtb1611

Seymour
Just curious as to what type of grips y'all are running. The stockers on the Trance are up for replacement and I'd like something comfy without being too thick and cumbersome. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Ben

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Esi racers edge. Comfy, grippy and low profile. They're also really light if that's important to you.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I rate the ESI grips too...but fcuk me, when it's time to remove them for whatever reason! :censored:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Lock on is just a mounting system. Call me soopid, but why are you sentimental about how they mount up? !!!?

If they feel good and stay put what difference is it whether they use lock on or not?

teK--

Eats Squid
Renthan Lock Ons. I find they don't develop any play between the grip and collar since it is a one piece construction.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Using ODI Ruffian on my Trance.

Was using Hope SL lock-ons for the DH bike, but swapped them out for the fatter ODI Rogue.

mtb1611

Seymour
Lock on is just a mounting system. Call me soopid, but why are you sentimental about how they mount up? !!!?

If they feel good and stay put what difference is it whether they use lock on or not?
Who mentioned sentimentality? The thread title was unambiguous; thanks for your post, if you've got nothing else to add, move on.

Incidentally, why was this post moved? I wanted the perspective of fellow 29-er riders, hence my posting it in the 29-er section. Moving it has done what exactly? Sensible responses have been replaced by comments relating to urine and genitals. Thanks to whoever moved it, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
For something not so thick the odi x-treme are pretty good. I found them better than the ruffians. They had the flange too which I liked. I just stopped using them because I prefer something thicker.