Grips (Lock On)

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interested in trying these ESI grips next time I need a set. What caps are ESI users using to stop impaling yourselves in a crash?

marc.r

Likes Dirt
lizard skins north shore they feel like ourys a bit... really soft rubber.. cant see them lasting long. next pair will be esi silicons. my partners lust came stock with silicon grips and they are magic

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Who mentioned sentimentality? The thread title was unambiguous; thanks for your post, if you've got nothing else to add, move on.

Incidentally, why was this post moved? I wanted the perspective of fellow 29-er riders, hence my posting it in the 29-er section. Moving it has done what exactly? Sensible responses have been replaced by comments relating to urine and genitals. Thanks to whoever moved it, keep up the good work.
Hahahahahaha ... Clown.
Believe it or not, grips are not wheel size specific....

Think there's only one person involved in this thread who should move on...

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Interested in trying these ESI grips next time I need a set. What caps are ESI users using to stop impaling yourselves in a crash?
Esi come with bar ends that serious help in installing and removing the grips. Hope Bar ends work a treat (mate uses them) once they're installed.

camoshop

Banned
Esi come with bar ends that serious help in installing and removing the grips. Hope Bar ends work a treat (mate uses them) once they're installed.
Bit of glass cleaner in a can and spray it on the the bars and they slide rigt on, doesn't dry straight away like hair spray either, so you can twist them and get the thick side at the right spot. Drys and they don't move.

Did make a video of the process but it's looks kinda sexual won't post it haha

camoshop

Banned
I run 760mm bars and am a bit of a gumby and tend to knock them on trees. Are they robust enough for a gumby?
The esi ones go okay, I've clipped a tree and they didn't come out or break.

Also run s&m bar ends they suit the profile of the grips too.

mtb1611

Seymour
Hahahahahaha ... Clown.
Believe it or not, grips are not wheel size specific....

Think there's only one person involved in this thread who should move on...
You're a bit of a wanker, aren't you, Captain Obvious? Who moves on from a thread that they started, until they get the answer they want?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Bit of glass cleaner in a can and spray it on the the bars and they slide rigt on, doesn't dry straight away like hair spray either, so you can twist them and get the thick side at the right spot. Drys and they don't move.
Yeah man, had mine on and off heaps with windolene. Also, if you have a compressor makes it so handy too.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
You're a bit of a wanker, aren't you, Captain Obvious? Who moves on from a thread that they started, until they get the answer they want?
Hahahahahaha once again... I believe you're the only one coming across as a wanker in this thread.

Aggressive and opinionated when people disagree with you.....

Anyway...

Good luck with your quest for the 29er grips.....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Incidentally, why was this post moved? I wanted the perspective of fellow 29-er riders, hence my posting it in the 29-er section. Moving it has done what exactly? Sensible responses have been replaced by comments relating to urine and genitals. Thanks to whoever moved it, keep up the good work.
1. Go fuck yourself.

2. How on earth does wheel size have a bearing on grips?!

3. What has it done? It has moved a question about parts in to the section called Parts "n Stuff. You're a school teacher..., right?

4. Go fuck yourself.

The amount of fully grown men on this website that whinge like little children over the most meaningless things is just astounding to me.

mtb1611

Seymour
Hahahahahaha once again... I believe you're the only one coming across as a wanker in this thread.

Aggressive and opinionated when people disagree with you.....

Anyway...

Good luck with your quest for the 29er grips.....
Keep up the shovel work. There's no disgreeance or aggression - nor "people", that's plural - just an apparent inability on your part to respond to a thread based on its title. I'm REALLY sorry that the term "(Lock On)" was ambiguous for you, but rather than deflect attention away from your own receptive issues perhaps you should trot off and get rad on your STP. Fair enough?

As to those of you who've provided advice regarding lock-on grips, thanks a bunch, much appreciated.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
shit this threads about 29er grips only? sorry my last post is irrelevant then as my bikes are 27.5 :-( sorry for ruining your thread.

mtb1611

Seymour
1. Go fuck yourself.

2. How on earth does wheel size have a bearing on grips?!

3. What has it done? It has moved a question about parts in to the section called Parts "n Stuff. You're a school teacher..., right?

4. Go fuck yourself.

The amount of fully grown men on this website that whinge like little children over the most meaningless things is just astounding to me.
Well said Johnny, you're a genius. Check the last sentence of your post and reflect on the term "fully grown men".....before going and fucking yourself, of course.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Right, we've all had our little dummy spits.

Let's get back on to the topic of lock on grips and leave the arguing behind.