Grips (Lock On)

shanno89

Likes Dirt
These's some quality reading hiding in amongst this thread. :pop2:

+1 for ESI Chunky grips (mind you they aren't lockon)

T-Rex

Template denier
Funny thread!

For the OP, here's a serious contribution:

The House of Rex exclusively uses ODI for all disciplines, have done for years. We particularly like the Troy Lee pattern. ODI have two clamps, so if they are done up properly don't get the "throttle effect" ie grips spinning on the bars, and they are easy to get on and off when you are doing maintenance on anything attached to the bars.

If you are going for ODI, it's a good idea to lightly grease the threads of the locking bolts, they tend to corrode into place over time.

Those Giant grips that Camo is offering are truly horrible, I've also got an unused set I immediately removed from my most recent Giant purchase. You can have mine as well if you want.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have just recently gone from ESI Chunky (due to tearing in crash) back to my Bontrager Rhythm Plus lock ons. They are quite chunky, but the rubber is relatively thick and soft so they are nice and comfy.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
+1 ODI. Recently put a set of 'Vans' grips on, and they commmmfy, super grippy too. May be a little big for what you're after, but worth throwing it out there anyway.

mtb1611

Seymour
Funny thread!

For the OP, here's a serious contribution:

The House of Rex exclusively uses ODI for all disciplines, have done for years. We particularly like the Troy Lee pattern. ODI have two clamps, so if they are done up properly don't get the "throttle effect" ie grips spinning on the bars, and they are easy to get on and off when you are doing maintenance on anything attached to the bars.

If you are going for ODI, it's a good idea to lightly grease the threads of the locking bolts, they tend to corrode into place over time.

Those Giant grips that Camo is offering are truly horrible, I've also got an unused set I immediately removed from my most recent Giant purchase. You can have mine as well if you want.
Thanks T-Rex, appreciate the advice.

Camo, thanks for the offer but wouldn't mind trying something different.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
I use the ODI "Vans" versions. Good to use with gloves but without they are a bit slippery for me if my hands get sweaty. They wear a bit quicker than I was hoping as well.

Attracted to ODI mostly because the KS Lev dropper post remote replaces the inside clamp on these for a neater cockpit. Next grips I will buy will probably be the ESI ones.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm going to have to watch the other parts of this forum more often...nobody's shit stinks!

If you are looking for some lower priced options, I have tried and enjoyed:
- funn combat (I think thats the name) from T7 for about $9. They are a thinner grip.
- currently running a Clark's grip from CRC that the font of all knowledge told me wouldn't last. They are going really nicely.
- jet black lock ons go alright as well. Tbsm had them on a crazy sale a long time ago and they still float to the top of my spares every now and then.

I too have a fresh set of the giant grips...