Hardtail build

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one, have been looking at the marins on T7 but have some potential beach work planned so wasn't sure about steel.

Could be a personal thing, but I think the Shan frames using motorsport colour spec is pretty fcking lame. Mocking doesn't even cut it considering what those colours represent, insulting and disrespectful is closer. But that could just be me.

A few threads and frames I've seen lately made me think maybe one of the next trends is actually back to basics, but on a mainstream level. One can dream.

Nice one, have been looking at the marins on T7 but have some potential beach work planned so wasn't sure about steel.

Could be a personal thing, but I think the Shan frames using motorsport colour spec is pretty fcking lame. Mocking doesn't even cut it considering what those colours represent, insulting and disrespectful is closer. But that could just be me.

A few threads and frames I've seen lately made me think maybe one of the next trends is actually back to basics, but on a mainstream level. One can dream.
I'm not a motorsport fan so the colours are not really a factor for me.
Seems to be popular with lots of folks though. But one mans homage is another mans piss take.
Back to basics does seem to be the go, not as basic as the Klunker but HT's are making a real resurgence. Maybe 26 will be the new black?
Boost shits me though. I got stuff I'd like to keep using.
And they are good now. So many to choose from.

Dont mind the steerer spacers, wanted to try some different heighrs before cutting it down.
I hate cutting steerers. What if I buy a new frame? What if I dont like the forks and the steerer is to short to sell. What if I buy a new stem......... Faaaaaaaaarkin

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I hate cutting steerers. What if I buy a new frame? What if I dont like the forks and the steerer is to short to sell. What if I buy a new stem......... Faaaaaaaaarkin
Most head tubes are pretty close in length between manufacturers for a given size. I ride medium bikes, head tube is generally between 100 -110mm.

Generally I leave 20mm of spacers on any build (which normally leaves the steerer tube between 175/180mm with a ZS headset). Stem stack heights are generally no more than 40/45mm either. This give me some wiggle room to adjust the stem height and enough to swap between bikes.

As for selling the forks.... that's my last thought.

I rather it's set up right and ride it than castrate myself or lose an eye on 3" or exposed steerer tube for the sake of selling a fork in 12months.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lowered them to 140mm before installing them. No reason other than some of the reveiws complaoning about 150mm being to much for the bike ajd the fact that nukeproof stock 140mm forks on the completes. I only had a small ride this morning but i was impressed.

Lowered them to 140mm before installing them. No reason other than some of the reveiws complaoning about 150mm being to much for the bike ajd the fact that nukeproof stock 140mm forks on the completes. I only had a small ride this morning but i was impressed.
I got a 2nd hand set of Revs to upgrade the Sectors I had on it.
Much better fork that was already at 150mm so I just left it there.
And I'm really loving the bike. Ride it twice as much as my Enduro, could be the attraction of the new but it's just a different ride.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I got a 2nd hand set of Revs to upgrade the Sectors I had on it.
Much better fork that was already at 150mm so I just left it there.
And I'm really loving the bike. Ride it twice as much as my Enduro, could be the attraction of the new but it's just a different ride.
Good to know. I've got a set of factory 150mm 34s that I had upgraded to FIT4 that I want to put on mine. Everything else is stripped off the duallie and ready to go...

Good to know. I've got a set of factory 150mm 34s that I had upgraded to FIT4 that I want to put on mine. Everything else is stripped off the duallie and ready to go...
The longer fork helps a little with pedal strikes, happens less now than it did before.
175mm cranks are not ideal with a low BB.
150mm fork isn't an issue as far as I can see. Front end was always a little light on the climbs but that's the short back end mostly, lean forward more and she's good to go.
Gives that hardcore cred. haha.
:whoo:

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
My Scout frame is arriving today. Was going to get a Blue Pig but it was too good a deal on the Scout (especially with the New10 code).

Have a load of spare parts to fit to it so it's doing to be getting a 160mm DPA pike...will see how that goes

Went for the blue just because all my other bikes are black