hardtail frames wat r the best

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
fiddler said:
So far they have had 2 frames that they have sold where the headtube is not square
Okay, so let me get this straight..... Daver, your initial comment that all 243 frames are out of alignment is based on the fact that 2 frames (out of all they have sold) purchased from the local bike shop are faulty. On the otherhand 4 riders on this forum haven't had a problem with theirs and I'm pretty sure Dhr208 is happy with his. Sorry mate, the numbers don't add up.
sorry, i meant just the headtubes. Thats without counting the headset, bb, dropout and discmount facing necessary on others. 2 frames out of the ones sold have been faulty, but what about the ones on "sponsorship" deals? they haven't been great to say the least.

fiddler

Likes Dirt
I heard some .243 frames have bent head tubes
Hang on..... this whole discussion has been about the fact that it was suggested that all 243 headtubes were out of alignment. No one mentioned anything about BB. Headsets or Disc brakes. Are your sure the problems aren't with the parts people are putting on their bikes and not the frames themselves[/quote]

fiddler

Likes Dirt
Daver, who did I misquote?

The point of my reference was to show that this discussion started from a comment relating to head tubes, not other parts of the frame as previously stated.

Perhaps you should not pay so much attention to what you hear but instead what you know.

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Daver said:
yeah, and huffy's are great DH bikes. Face the facts, they are not excellent quality. But they are cheap, massproduced, overpopular and solid. Sortof like No frills ice confection (.243) to Sarah Lee triple swirl(balfa, 24, banshee, orange, intense, BMW).

wat about Sarah Lee Triple Swirl being like a Cannondale Chase :cry:

Byatch

Banned
you'll never guess what i'm going to say.....

nah, i can't talk yet, i haven't got it. my frame is still in the mail. i'll comment further when i have 1st hand evidence. (damn, i wish more ppl took that approach to giving advice)

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry, i meant just the headtubes. Thats without counting the headset
mmm...i had a talk to someone who ownes a .243 and they said that the top and the bottom of the head tube wasn't flat therefore the headset didnt sit in it straight making the forks feel out of line...all he did to fix it was shave it with one of those screwiy thingos and i was flat...

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
DYJK said:
sorry, i meant just the headtubes. Thats without counting the headset
mmm...i had a talk to someone who ownes a .243 and they said that the top and the bottom of the head tube wasn't flat therefore the headset didnt sit in it straight making the forks feel out of line...all he did to fix it was shave it with one of those screwiy thingos and i was flat...
Lots of frames have that issue when they come from the factory- all it needs is just to be faced (ie flattened). You get the same problems with disc mounts and BB shells too, but from experience the .243s are pretty bad- you would expect it to require only a minor bit of work from the factory, not major like a lot of .243s have.

The problems that have been noticed is that the headtube itself is not square to the seattube, putting the forks out of line regardless of the actual facing that is done.

naz

Criminally Inane
dave dont even get me started on how full of shit u are. not in regards to just this thread but everything. i.e
daver "i did the 15fter at lizard rock"
naz "ye mate ur full of shit again"
DH_MTB "tell him i was there that day he hasnt hit shit"
*after alot of arguing*
daver "oh no i ment the 6ft ns drop afterwards"
come on dave uv dug urself a deep enough grave.
and its not coz i own a 243 mines sweet, the headtube isnt fucked and im runnin 888r, lets go for a DH run, oh how does thredbo sound, and see how bad it holds up :)

Troy

Likes Bikes
Hey i sorry to say guys but all ur frames suk balls lol, i got a kona cowan and it kicks tha shit out of all that cromo shit. so suks to u all, u want a real bike get a cowan

wingy

Likes Dirt
Another blisteringly intelligent commentary. Thanks Troy, I think I will sell my 243 and buy a Cowan.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
naz said:
Don't shoot the messenger. I have only seen your .243 once, i'm just repeating what i have been told by BA staffers. None of what i have said is from personal experience- i am only saying what i have been told. My opinions are formed by what i have been told and have seen (in relation to bikes within the shop). The only .243 i have seen apart from this has been yours, and to be honest that is only what i have seen.

All this racing talk... you could beat me on a crate :wink:

S.

ex offender
Troy said:
Hey i sorry to say guys but all ur frames suk balls lol, i got a kona cowan and it kicks tha shit out of all that cromo shit. so suks to u all, u want a real bike get a cowan
Yeah, let's all go and buy a bike that has crap geometry, like oh, say, a Kona anything. Cromo shit? You mean it's crap to have a bike that isn't GUARANTEED to break under normal use? Or maybe to have one that won't wear through the chainstays if it happens to scrape something that's made of material harder than cotton?

Next time I go to buy a "real bike", I'll get a Cowan. Honest.

Rik

logged out
hay guyz i fink u shud all bye a bike dat haz a big brand name on da stika, dey is coola dan everfink else.

naz

Criminally Inane
Troy said:
retarded post of the day!! congradulations :)

nickz

Likes Dirt
Enough bickering already, just get a Rumble and be done with this madness. Finally this thing has XT hydros on both ends!

Demo Dave

Likes Dirt
Nothing wrong with the .243's. Mine just needed the head tube faced, not a major problem. Doubt frames with missaligned tubes would be released as quality control is pretty good.