Help me search for the right frame

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
On one or airborne got anything left from older stock? Second hand mx6? Ebay UK always has oranges. you'll pick up old iron horse sp, morewoods around, try and find someone with a duebel.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’m talking Frame, of course. ;)
I know, even then though!

I'd love a Pinner, but ~$4400 frame + freight ~$400 + custom fees is a bit more than 4k. Not really that bad compared to mass-produced "boutique" Taiwanese carbon though!

TL : DR - "You're" :p

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
How about the old yeti asx? Single pivot, 1.5 steerer, 170mm travel, straight tubes...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
On one or airborne got anything left from older stock? Second hand mx6? Ebay UK always has oranges. you'll pick up old iron horse sp, morewoods around, try and find someone with a duebel.
what ever happened to Duebel, kind of just disappeared

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
what ever happened to Duebel, kind of just disappeared
Price point? Wasn't it 4k for an alloy frame? There has been alot of brands come and go in the last 2 years or ones struggling. Tantrum aren't getting their successes, dark owl fell flat, lemonade has an excellent design and no backing to make it succeed, ditto for Intro or hard core industry and a stack of smaller euro makers, oxide in the USA vanished quickly etc.

PJO

in me vL comy
Please explain. How does this work ?
Does it adapt 1.5 to 44mm ext diam upper frame tubes ?
Disclaimer - haven't tried this but should work.
I've hidden it so it looks like less of a thread derailing
A 1-1/2 steerer tube has an outer diameter of 38.1 expanding to 40mm where the crown race sits, much like a traditional 1-1/8 steerer is 28.6mm expanding to 30mm for the crown race.
A standard straight headtube for 1-1/2 forks has 49mm ID see the one on the extreme right of the image below (labelled "1.5""). Much like the straight headtube for 1-1/8 forks which has 34mm ID (extreme left labelled "traditional").

Lots of modern headtubes made for tapered headsets have a 44 upper ID and either a 56mm lower (labelled above as "Tapered/E2") or 44mm lower (labelled above as "Integral"). Even the old Giant from 2005 (first model Trance) sitting in my shed is 44mm upper and lower.
Both of those headtubes (Tapered and Integral) can take a lower cup that accommodates a 1.5" (i.e. the lower part of a tapered steerer tube or 1.5" steerer tube). Hope don't make an upper cup that can accommodate a 1-1/2 steerer for a headtube with a 44mm ID, but the upper headset cups in the link from earlier is a Reset racing model made for that configuration.

Here is the line up chart from Reset racing. #7807 upper (Oberteile) and #7089 lower (Unterteile) would convert an Integral head set and the lower would need to change to #7086 for a tapered. Note the upper has a 16mm stack height (Aufbauhohe) above the headtube.

Last edited: