Here is my .243

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
This is my new .243. I assume it is the first one in W.A.

It is built up with all the parts from my 02 Stinky.

Parts spec is as follows.....
frame: .243 2004 Large Mtb bb
fork: 02 Marzocchi Z1 wedge (5 inches)
Cranks: DMR Chieftain
Chain guide: E-13 SRS
Pedals: Primo Super Tenderizer (blue)
Chain: Wipperman connex 904 (best chain in the world)
Brakes and Levers: Hayes HMX-1 6 inch mechs (They work consistently and are easy to work on)
Rear wheel: 24" Atomlab aircorp with deore hub (36 hole)
Front wheel: 26" Sun ditchwitch with deore hub
Cassette: Shimano 9spd
Shifter: Shimano LX 9spd
Rear Der: Deore 9spd.
Bar and Stem: Kona OB
Grips: Oury MTB (red)
Headset: FSA Pig
Tyres: Maxxis highrollers (front = 2.7) (rear = 2.5) :also have highrollers for urban riding/commuting.
Seat post: .243
Saddle: .243 MTB
i think thats it.....

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
hey thanks for the praise. I'm loving the bike even though i'll be off it for a little while thanks to a buggered AC joint in my shoulder.

thanks goes to Fuzzy for the photo taken at Johnny Waddell's fundraising race. By the way, if anyone cares, i beat fuzzy by about 15 seconds at the race.

Dan

CHEWY

Eats Squid
whats the .243 saddle like? And I'd get a new stem if I was you, I hated the way mine made my bike feel

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Yep the stinky frame with dangerboycnc 7" linkage plates is sitting in a box right now. Might get it powdercoated for use later or i might sell it.

NOt rich, i work at a bike shop so i can buy stuff at a reasonable price.

the saddle is very comfy. Not much time on it at the moment however. Because of my shoulder i'll have to wait before any decent reports come out.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Nice, i am so sick of waiting for my bike, it should be in by tommorow though, and ill put a pic up asap so you can all shit your pants

wombat

Lives in a hole
01_250 said:
Nice, i am so sick of waiting for my bike, it should be in by tommorow though, and ill put a pic up asap so you can all shit your pants
Mate, they're nice and all, but I don't know that it's going to make anyone shit themselves.

chucK

Likes Dirt
Damnnnnn. Dan fix that f'ing shoulder an rock up to the next ride :D An bring the other old codgers along :D
Nice bike for sure.

naz

Criminally Inane
nice nice :) its not hardtail pride its .243 pride :p, except are u tall dont u cop a seat up your ass when u bunnyhop?

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
naz said:
nice nice :) its not hardtail pride its .243 pride :p, except are u tall dont u cop a seat up your ass when u bunnyhop?
thats simple. I don't bunnyhop. The seat post is up like that so i can pedal in the DH runs. Part of the reason i got this bike is so that ican learn to bunnyhop and manual properly. I wanted to learn all the cool tech skills without the bobbing of suspension getting in the way. I'm going to throw on the hookworms this weekend and tr y and ride the bike next week ( even though the shoulder aint' fixed)

G

if anyone cares Fuzzy is a champ :p

lol

and doesnt have a broken shoulder.

nice bike

naz

Criminally Inane
Fuzzy said:
if anyone cares Fuzzy is a champ :p

lol

and doesnt have a broken shoulder.

nice bike
ur arrogance will always outweigh the fact ur a mod :p
hehe someones jealous.
hmmm stinky dan u have a point :) they are heavy for bunnyhoppin i can only bunnyhop mine bout 3/4 of what i used too :oops:

curtisrider

Eats Squid
wombat said:
01_250 said:
Mate, they're nice and all, but I don't know that it's going to make anyone shit themselves.
ok maybe it was a bit ovr the top

Adi

It's my birthday!
Sup Dan?

i've said it at the race nad I shall say it again, your bike owns :D. Are you still going to get Dual Crown forks for it? Or are they for the stinky?

Wootcore, hopefully you can join the Urabn Full Face Crew during winter or whatever :p!

Can you make the ride on the 22nd, even though your shoulder is stuffed?