HMBA Super G All Mountain - Paterson

bilbo

Likes Bikes
+2 I just registered myself and my 11 year old for this weekend and I am counting down the sleeps. How many people are looking at camping up there the Saturday night

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
+2 I just registered myself and my 11 year old for this weekend and I am counting down the sleeps. How many people are looking at camping up there the Saturday night
Quite a few have indicated they are camping on Saturday night, a few from Hastings, some from Sydney and the local crew as well. Should make for a good weekend.

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
Silly question... What are the categories? I'm a newbie slow 31 yr old?

On rego it's only men's a, b or masters...

EDIT: no worries, read the first page comments...
All signed up.

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Shuttles will also be available Saturday for an additional $15 for those who have pre-registered online, which is even more reason to come and make a weekend of it and enjoy everything the trails have to offer.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
BIG NEWS. The new face of the Australian All Mountain scene "Jack Risso" has entered, so come and race or just have the chance to stand next to Royalty.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
BIG NEWS. The new face of the Australian All Mountain scene "Jack Risso" has entered, so come and race or just have the chance to stand next to Royalty.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is not his first "pin up boy" status.

A few more crashes like the rest of us he'll be back into the pack. But it is a cracker of a shot.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Request from Asio and the CIA, something to do an alien sighting last year around the same time. It was was wearing a pink pushy galore jersey
Someone call ASIO... Stat. There has been another unconfirmed sighting at Thredbo. Damn aliens are invading everywhere.

2-thredbo-alps_rte-alesmatousek_8042.jpg

This particular one should be treated with extreme prejudice. Approach with caution and do not under any circumstance shoot with a GoPro, 16mm reel only.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Betcha he is a boat alien wanting refugee status, thought he could get hide by not wearing the pink jersey, bloody illegal boat aliens, riding our tracks, beating us and then stealing our lime light.

lachlanjw

Likes Dirt
So I'm guessing from the looks of it that a full face is not needed and just go with the open face lid? Looks like a fun event!

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
So I'm guessing from the looks of it that a full face is not needed and just go with the open face lid? Looks like a fun event!
Yeah. Your choice. Like I said the tracks are part of a 24 hour XC track so nothing extreme. I like to wear a full face because I'm ugly and piece of mind.

lachlanjw

Likes Dirt
Umm I missed the info on this..

Silly question... What are the categories? I'm a newbie slow 31 yr old?

On rego it's only men's a, b or masters...

EDIT: no worries, read the first page comments...
All signed up.
So I had a read through and still asking this question as I have obviously missed something as I am unsure about this a, b and whatnot on sign up. Please help and sorry for my incompetence
I'm not sure which category to sign up for. I'm in my 20ies and have been ridding for ages (7 or so years) so not a noobie but not a pro athlete or anything

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm in my 20ies and have been ridding for ages (7 or so years) so not a noobie but not a pro athlete or anything
For your age your options when you sign up will be either "A-Mens" (Elite) or "B-Mens" (Expert). You can choose either one of these options it doesn't matter which so long as you register. On the day you can stick with the class you registered under or we will be happy to set up "Grudge Match" categories for groups of people who want to race against each other so long as there is more than two of you. For example if you and a couple of mates want to race single speed then we'll run a single speed class, if you want to form a group of people who have mortgages over $425,000 we'll do that as well.

Essentially there are no prizes on offer, no series points and no sheep stations we are just out there to have a good time, some friendly competition and bragging rights against against your mates.

I hope that I have explained that well enough, if you do have any further questions please feel free to post them up.

Last edited:

lachlanjw

Likes Dirt
For your age your options when you sign up will be either "A-Mens" (Elite) or "B-Mens" (Expert). You can choose either one of these options it doesn't matter which so long as you register. On the day you can stick with the class you registered under or we will be happy to set up "Grudge Match" categories for groups of people who want to race against each other so long as there is more than two of you. For example if you and a couple of mates want to race single speed then we'll run a single speed class, if you want to form a group of people who have mortgages over $425,000 we'll do that as well.

Essentially there are no prizes on offer, no series points and no sheep stations we are just out there to have a good time, some friendly competition and bragging rights against against your mates.

I hope that I have explained that well enough, if you do have any further questions please feel free to post them up.
Thanks! Makes a lot of sense! My brain works slow on a Thursday. Cheers for the info and see you there!

jub jub

Squid
This sounds great! I'm trying to rustle up a few friends to come up for the weekend (as well as convincing my wife that its a great idea... Haha!). Sounds like a relaxed atmosphere, which is what it's all about for me :hail:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
This sounds great! I'm trying to rustle up a few friends to come up for the weekend (as well as convincing my wife that its a great idea... Haha!). Sounds like a relaxed atmosphere, which is what it's all about for me :hail:
Hi Jub Jub,
Let me know if you need help with convincing the wife, or even better bring her along for a ride. The trails are perfectly suited to riders of all skill levels and the vibe is super relaxed, also we will have a couple of high quality loan bikes available from our development squad for any women or juniors who would like to have a go but don't have a bike yet. If she isn't interested in riding at all there is a gamut of activities available in the greater Newcastle/Hunter Valley area.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Would I be right in saying that the track would be more xc than am?
Hi SaabG,

That is going to depend entirely on your definition of an AM track. If you're looking for VAL d'ISERE (or anything else from the Enduro Worlds) then you won't find it here, the track leans more towards XC then it does DH but don't let that sway you. There isn't much of the track where you won't be descending and there are some technical sections, my best advice would be to come out and have a go and if you don't enjoy it then let us know why, we'll try and take everyone's constructive feedback onboard and make an even better event next year. Alternatively if you like why not put your hand up to help out and then you can have direct input into the tracks direction, we are always looking for volunteers to help out at both the club and the trails.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Would I be right in saying that the track would be more xc than am?
Here's my interpretation of last years track; top part technical with off camber, rocks, fast, no major flying skills required; middle track fast with cornering skills a prerequisite; lower track, pedal. Good XC riders will handle this track, good DH riders will handle this (last years) track, its not a pure science but it is more about riding & enjoying the ride, be it at your pace or podium pace.

In my experience of "G" racing no one finishes their day saying they didn't enjoy the ride as a whole. I recommend just doing & see how many times you can scare yourself.