NSW Hornsby Trails going ahead *Press Release*

justabuzz

Likes Bikes
Delay

The last 200m of trail to be built are next to the pool that's being built too these days. From what I heard there are safety issues in building those last 200m because of the pool builders are working right next to them. A few weeks delay.

At least that's what I've heard..

J

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
The last 200m of trail to be built are next to the pool that's being built too these days. From what I heard there are safety issues in building those last 200m because of the pool builders are working right next to them. A few weeks delay.

At least that's what I've heard..

J
so get them to stop whilst they are working below,just kiding, maybe a bit of communication and agreement of work times in certain high risk spots between the 2 companies might be able to keep things moving?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
spewing... i thought that part was in stage 2 and not required for the finalisation of stage 1. either way we are gonna have some awesome trails with flow to make your mind boggle.... so it'll be worth the wait, but i so wish it was already open!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
this is getting super close to opening, there has been a few muppets riding in there after the wet and destroying much of the good work, meaning the lads at synergy had to go back and redo some sections, also a tree fell in a big storm we had and took out one of the big bridge sections so they had to go back in a demo/rebuild that. promised opening before xmas though.... keep an ear to the ground for the sound of tyres!

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
this is getting super close to opening, there has been a few muppets riding in there after the wet and destroying much of the good work, meaning the lads at synergy had to go back and redo some sections, also a tree fell in a big storm we had and took out one of the big bridge sections so they had to go back in a demo/rebuild that. promised opening before xmas though.... keep an ear to the ground for the sound of tyres!
Thanks for update, cant wait, trails look super fun for everyone!

Hope they open thfire trailil for shuttles, if not all the time, maybe just during daylight or on designated days for a trial to start.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Thanks for update, cant wait, trails look super fun for everyone!

Hope they open thfire trailil for shuttles, if not all the time, maybe just during daylight or on designated days for a trial to start.

haha get off your lazy arse try to pedal uphill!!!

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
haha get off your lazy arse try to pedal uphill!!!
knew youd give me crap for that :wink:,ride up :jaw: whaaaaaaat!!..Kinda doesnt work with the geometry of a Downhill Bike :p Not all of us can have sub 15kg, trigger drop post, carbon lockout featherweights..haha

hmmm,lets just call up all the guys at Whistler and tell them to ride up too,ahhaha

Seriously though we'd push it, but it needs consideration as there are lots of DHrs that would drive there and spend money in Hornsby just to ride the sweet trails, if there was a good shuttle option and the shuttle to the top street above would def make it worthwhile.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Look out

Ok so it's been hectic to say the least, but the Synergy crew have been on it like a blow fly on a freshly laid cow patty....
As of today the loop is open again and at the end of the week the black line will have all the extras finished and hopefully signage in (depending on council), so come the holidays you peeps can ride you precious little hearts out.
We have been talking to the pool building company and whats enventuated so far is the best outcome, they are pulling the exclusion zone down for the holidays and the pedal to the top is that good you can pump 1/3 of it without pedalling, (just saying, if your good enough).
Northern Ben Pm me and I will personally shuttle you and mate for all the work you've done with advocacy on the Northern beaches.
Be warned we have no green trails until early Jan. 2013 we start that on the 2nd.
If by some chance you do ride the "closed" trails for now please be courteous to all neighbours on Quarry Rd (park at botttom near crusher plant) of who are in total support of the trails and of any walkers and other locals/ council people.
Want to send a thanks too? Then send it to Anthony Newling and his department at Hornsby council, without Him and his department you would still be riding fire roads. ANewling@hornsby.nsw.gov.au
When Synergy cut the green trail we will have another volunteer day - real keen to get the people involved and see smiles for miles.
Keep riding, keep moving forward...
Adrian.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Ok so it's been hectic to say the least, but the Synergy crew have been on it like a blow fly on a freshly laid cow patty....
As of today the loop is open again and at the end of the week the black line will have all the extras finished and hopefully signage in (depending on council), so come the holidays you peeps can ride you precious little hearts out.
We have been talking to the pool building company and whats enventuated so far is the best outcome, they are pulling the exclusion zone down for the holidays and the pedal to the top is that good you can pump 1/3 of it without pedalling, (just saying, if your good enough).
Northern Ben Pm me and I will personally shuttle you and mate for all the work you've done with advocacy on the Northern beaches.
Be warned we have no green trails until early Jan. 2013 we start that on the 2nd.
If by some chance you do ride the "closed" trails for now please be courteous to all neighbours on Quarry Rd (park at botttom near crusher plant) of who are in total support of the trails and of any walkers and other locals/ council people.
Want to send a thanks too? Then send it to Anthony Newling and his department at Hornsby council, without Him and his department you would still be riding fire roads. ANewling@hornsby.nsw.gov.au
When Synergy cut the green trail we will have another volunteer day - real keen to get the people involved and see smiles for miles.
Adrian.

so Adrian does this mean some sections are now OPEN for business even with no official opening... i'll be there tomorrow ;)

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Adrian.
pm sent, thanks

FINX74

Likes Dirt
No the trails are not open, it was just a select few of different riding abilities that gave feedback to the trails, will let you know at end of the week......

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A little bit of a side-track (pun intended) here, just wondering if there are any tracks from the west side of pennant hills/thornleigh that would link up to the hornsby trails?

I can get to Lane Cove NP/Pennant hills park, find my way through the streets but I am not sure about linking up from that part up to the trails. Would make for a good ~20km ride there, which would be a good loop from home.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just a little heads up

Nrthrnben and I had the chance to be part of a test ride the other day WITH the Synergy/Snorc guys. a group of riders from all over and riding different style bikes, different fitness levels etc. I rode for as long as i could (just before 8pm) and it was an absolute blast.... BUT i didnt ride there again even when i wanted to sooooo much today. i went to my normal riding area in Berowra and punished myself trying to be quicker instead.

all eyes are on this project. night riding is definitely off the agenda at this point, i know i have seen a bunch of riders logging the track on Strava as far back as early november... in group rides too and at night, it's not smart by local clubs to be doing this prior to the opening or encouraging stuff that the council has clearly stated is not on at this facility. the people living in the area were very clear on the night riding thing and it would be a shame to have them offside again after so much headway has been made.

I will say this though, it's worth the wait! the track in it's current state is slightly different to what was originally shown on the trail maps. access of machinery etc slightly altered some lines and opened up some creative lines.... it's short (3.1km) sweet and so much fun. the plus being you can lap it as many times as you like and once the stage 2 stuff is done it will rival and surpass manly for length, line choice, technicality, climbing and fun factor. there is not really a track like this that i have seen yet in sydney... so much for everyone!

once the signage is up, make sure you take the time to read all the park rules. i mean it's easy to get caught up in just grabbing the bike and shredding the trail, but rules on things like parking, music from cars etc should be followed so the neighbours dont get all uppity. i dont want to harp on about this kind of stuff... i really just want to ride but thought this info might be good for some if unaware.

anyone like to add anything else?