how big a drop could ya flat on a 7x7 dually

Ty

Eats Squid
at least 30 feet.
seriously only you can answer this question, guys go 30 foot to tranny on hardtails so it really depends on you riding style, weight, suspension set up, etc etc

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
drops to flat will wreck your bike! Find a drop to a nice slope/transition and you will find it much more enjoyable!

fastrider gus

super huck
about 7-8 months ago i did a 7ft drop to flat.. basically just to shut up my mate who would never shut up about how he thought it was doable.. im still paying for it now.. i cracked the crown of my Z1's, my 3pc cromo cranks creak non-stop, and my rear hub shat itself..
doesnt sound like much, but when you think, i bought '03 boxxer race, then i needed a front disc brake, then i needed a new rear hub, and quite possibly rim, front wheel and levers to suit the brakes!!!
stick to dirt trannies..

phsyco Miko

Likes Dirt
all drops to flat are guy but you can go pritty dam big to down ramps and it is a lot more fun then to flat my mate has got a 2003 stinky d and they are good bikes they are pretty upright geometery so they are good drop bikes so go big.

S.

ex offender
A 2ft to flat is likely to be more damaging than 6ft to good transition. No joke.

Dan

Likes Dirt
dont even talk about dropping to flat. its got absolutly no use and no use unless u are a trials rider who can do it smoothly with style :roll:

S.

ex offender
hardtail free rider said:
steve ya tool get off if youve got nuthin better to do the sit on ur comp all day.
Wow, only a month late with that reply. Congratulations on your retardation!

sich nich

Likes Dirt
i ride a 00 vps1 with a shade under 7 at each end and dropping to flat is stupid. it breaks things. in a place where u have to its best to land front first so the forks take it and the back follows smooth, and going as fast as u can go, so the angle of falling isnt so steep.
find a tranny and drop as big as u can hold ur bike for..

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sich nich said:
i ride a 00 vps1 with a shade under 7 at each end and dropping to flat is stupid. it breaks things. in a place where u have to its best to land front first so the forks take it and the back follows smooth, and going as fast as u can go, so the angle of falling isnt so steep.
i'd say going front first on a drop to falt would be the worst thing to do... but if it works for you...

Glenn

Likes Dirt
i remember Bender droped 30 ft to flat on his brand new apocolips and snaped his shock and his face! but you probably have more style then him... we all do. he is sick how he does 50 ft drops but have you seen him do no footers of like 30 ft drops and land on his balls... :lol: but i suppose untill i can do at least 20 ft drops i cant say much so ill leave it there. any one want to start Simmons vs Bender. :wink: :lol:

sich nich

Likes Dirt
kalem said:
sich nich said:
i'd say going front first on a drop to falt would be the worst thing to do... but if it works for you...
dude, it does work. only land front first a tiny bit. watch the first jindy vid (atmbc) where they go off the 3m high "lifesavers" skybridge. the guys land rear first and then slam the front into the ground, which in turn can toss u over the bars. dean collingridge tells us how to do it on the same vid. let the forks take up the initial hit then the rear will follow thru just dandy. it even works smoother with a trannie. front first kiddies... but know your limits... rear is safer but front is waaay smoother.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd tend to agree with Sich Nich on this one, Drops to flat aren't a terribly good idea on any bike as it is an easy way to damage components.
But if you are gonna do drops to flat you should land with the front wheel just slightly first.
Landing rear wheel first is just plain stupid as you get fork slap, just look what happened to Shaums March at the 2003 Red Bull Ride, he snapped his bike in half and folded his front wheel.

In the end it's up to you how big ur gonna go, I did about 9foot with no troubles but that was on softish dirt not concrete, so it really is up to you.

fastrider gus

super huck
Glenn said:
i remember Bender droped 30 ft to flat on his brand new apocolips and snaped his shock and his face! but you probably have more style then him... we all do. he is sick how he does 50 ft drops but have you seen him do no footers of like 30 ft drops and land on his balls... :lol: but i suppose untill i can do at least 20 ft drops i cant say much so ill leave it there. any one want to start Simmons vs Bender. :wink: :lol:
that wasnt totally to flat dude.. he landed to tranny, but then got bucked off and landed face first onto flat bitumen.. off about a 10ft drop...
his bike was prety fubared...