How old are you?

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Im 15 and have been downhilling properly for 1.5 to maybe 2 years. Riding both days of the weekend every weekend for normally around 6 hours each day but some days it can be almost the hole day like around 12 hours.

Sure you can still be competitive, Steve Peat and Rennie are around your age and look at them =]

Go for you life :p

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im 25... I have been racing for over a decade now (wow, now I'm feeling old after saying that).

There are tons of super quick older guys still showing the younger guys how it's done.

I now have other prioities in life other than winning races so I just race to hangout with everyone and have some fun rolling down the hill. Basically you can still have a ball racing even if you come last. So don't stress at all about having to be near the front of the pack.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm 19, and well... i think i ride ok even though i feel that i look like an unco on a bike haha i should add that i too ride DH like a mojority replying here :)

Michae1

Likes Dirt
I'm 26, used to ride everywhere up to about 19, including racing bmx for about 2yrs.

I've only just bought a new bike recently (like 2 months ago) a Trek 6700, enjoying going for rides most mornings and afternoons, before and after work riding 10k either side of work.

Now that I've got comfortable again, I'll start going to rides on some local trails. (after all it's been 6ish years since I've ridden a bike)

dissa

Likes Dirt
turinin 30. been ridin since i turned 7, i have torn achillies tendon, had bulk stitches, endured a hernia, split a helmet in half, and now have a chick growing on me member. and you guessed it i still can't ride as goood as some.:rolleyes:

Hungie

Likes Dirt
I'm 28 and got bitten by the downhill bug about 6 months ago :rolleyes:. I totally suck but who cares the rush is awesome whoooooooo !!!!!!!:D

Barrett

Likes Dirt
i'm 15 but ride mostly with people over 20, were one big happy family. dont think age matters a whole lot as long as ya having fun, who gives a shit?

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm 15 but ride mostly with people over 20, were one big happy family. dont think age matters a whole lot as long as ya having fun, who gives a shit?
if your my age why do you ride in under 19's? because under 17's is to easy?

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if your my age why do you ride in under 19's? because under 17's is to easy?

Ben Barrett for World Champ in 2015........

On the age thing, I'm 36 this year and I'm competing, albeit poorly, for the first time in Elite this year and in only my second year of riding DH. If you want it, it's there for the taking, you just gotta want it!

Last edited:

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Seventeen and have to put up with the yup "boys" :p

DH on and off for few years, just stringing weekly rides together again :eek:

indica

Serial flasher
I'm 34 and have been riding mtb on and off since my late teens.
Had a while off , and I am getting fast - I think - again and having a ball.
The fear factor is undeniably harder to overcome now , the penalties for fucking up are much greater , but I love it.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 29 later this year, have never raced and we've got a couple of little kiddies now. I feel like I'm getting old and that I'll soon be too wussy to try new stuff on the bike. Besides most of the time I ride on my own & hubby works away so any stupid mistakes could see me stuck in the bush on my own and:(

In reality though racing of any sort is a "maybe one day" but my lack of self confidence probably prevents me from taking action more than anything. Because you just have to get out there and do it - make it happen but of course it's always easy to find reasons or excuses as to why you cant.

I've been riding bikes for ever, it's one thing I really do enjoy and the one thing that keeps my fitness reasonable.

So for me . . . maybe one day I'll join a club or go to a race. In the meantime I'll enjoy it for what it is. For starters my goal is probably to go to a state round DH here in Nannup next month - just to watch!

Last edited:

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
I'm sixteen. I've been riding for...i don't know.....long enough.

I'm 29 later this year, have never raced and we've got a couple of little kiddies now. I feel like I'm getting old and that I'll soon be too wussy to try new stuff on the bike. Besides most of the time I ride on my own & hubby works away so any stupid mistakes could see me stuck in the bush on my own and:(

In reality though racing of any sort is a "maybe one day" but my lack of self confidence probably prevents me from taking action more than anything. Because you just have to get out there and do it - make it happen but of course it's always easy to find reasons or excuses as to why you cant.

I've been riding bikes for ever, it's one thing I really do enjoy and the one thing that keeps my fitness reasonable.

So for me . . . maybe one day I'll join a club or go to a race. In the meantime I'll enjoy it for what it is. For starters my goal is probably to go to a state round DH here in Nannup next month - just to watch!
I'll hold you to that!

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sixteen. I've been riding for...i don't know.....long enough.

I'll hold you to that!
Shouldn't be any excuses since it's only about a 30min drive from my place, and I think Hubby will be rostered on at work so there shouldn't be any other plans. I look forward to it!
I saw in your other thread that you are racing so guess I'll see you there :)

Last edited:

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I'm 36, been riding for about 2 1/2 years after a 17 year break from BMX. I don't race & only occasionally find the time to get to a DH track. I do most of my bike riding either doing Trials or BMX. Having a full time job, wife & 2 kids takes up most of my time. I might have to dabble in DH for a few years until the kids are more independent & the house is finished.

NeeBean

Likes Dirt
Sorry if I let out a cynical snort of laughter at that; doing what you want isn't often an option when you settle down.
sorry what, thats off the topic. he didnt say anything about him settling down. STFU
im hopeing you dont look anything like your dp cos i just vomited in my mouth

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
sorry what, thats off the topic. he didnt say anything about him settling down. STFU
im hopeing you dont look anything like your dp cos i just vomited in my mouth
It appeared as if you were replying to me as you hadn't quoted anyone & I was replying to your post. Pull your head in & ease off the personal insults, your Mum finds me very attractive.