How to make Trail building sound sexy Danoz Direct Style

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
Introducing the Latest Fitness Sensation - Trail Building

Sick and tired of
• getting up early to run around a park
• Training with a bunch of soft latte sipper in their Calvin Klein Track Pants
• Not getting dirty or any cool bruises to show the missus
• Paying high school jocks to tell you to do more push up?
• Feel like you aren’t actually achieving anything

Come and try out the latest Craze sweeping the country – TRAIL BUILDING
As part of our introductory free trial period we are offering
• The chance to play in the dirt
• Being able to sleep in
• Build some cool trails that you can brag to your friends about
• Spend some time in nature
• Meet other people who are willing to do something to about poor trails
• Awesome full body workout targeting key muscles such are your core, biceps and quads

If you sign up within the next 15 minutes you can participate in our introductory only offer of a social recovery MTB to take place after the Trail Building session!

Hurry spaces are filling up quickly.

Kinda wrote this after thinking that maybe we are marketing trails building wrong. We advertise it as work and a chore when it is a really freaking good workout and free! I was totally knackered after 3hrs trail building last weekend and I know a few riding mates that could benefit from some regular exercise.

It seems that we are constantly getting the same people attending our work days, when it would be great to get some new faces along to help share the load.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I work for an inner city council. We put up signs "coming to a street near you" before and after works take place.

You could use the same principle - put up an A3 print out adverstising that you are about to do work - with an "please join in" at the bottom

Then when work is complete, put up another sign.

This requires that there is some planning around trail maintenance - local governments are now required to plan years in advance for the work to be done (we now do 10 year, 5 year, 3 year and 1 year plans of management! sux)

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
are there girls in Zumba outfits also?
Funny you should ask....... (as I think of the Lysterfield MTB trail work poster)

I work in council too and I would hate to put up a sign saying we were going to do works, cos it only takes a change of councillors for things to change and us to deal with it. I do like the idea though about putting up signs on the trails. Tell people that there aren't actually fairies who do all the work and maybe they should be helping out.

Al

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Just call it Boot Camp - you should get heaps people, when they arrive its just different form of exercise. Even better all boot camp people can build our tracks for us:rolleyes:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trail building, maintenance, track work... It all sounds like hard work. Some people cannot be bothered. Some people have expressed they would rather ride crap tracks than lift a finger to help, even though they are happy to ride tracks that someone else works on. Some people are against it just because other people advertise or discuss it. These people will always be able to justify (at least to themselves) why they don't make any effort to give something back to an area they ride regularly or make token efforts like taking photos of rides.

I think trail building and maintenance will always be something done by a very small group or individual in each area, no matter how it is advertised. :(

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
Just call it Boot Camp - you should get heaps people, when they arrive its just different form of exercise. Even better all boot camp people can build our tracks for us:rolleyes:
I was actually think of Zumba and boot camp when I was writing my flyer.

It kinda reminds me of the Seinfeld sketch where he complains you need to get fit in a gym class to be able to get through it. There is no other time when you need to be that fit. Trail building is like that for me an office worker.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
give me a decent hill and free range and I'll happily build artwork as long as you supply with me with a generator, hammer drill, dyna bolts, and a kanga digger/rakehoe/shovel and small chain saw for use with fallen timber. ;) oh and something that makes music.

Last edited:

cluster

Likes Dirt
give me a decent hill and free range and I'll happily build artwork as long as you supply with me with a generator, hammer drill, dyna bolts, and a kanga digger/rakehoe/shovel and small chain saw for use with fallen timber. ;) oh and something that makes music.
haha, that is so me... just so long as i get to ride my creation first :rolleyes:
love the satisfaction of "i built that" - especially when it rides as good as it looks:cool:
Only difference between us is that i'm minus the chainsaw, kanga digger, generator, hammer, drill, bolts and rakehoe. :(
It's the good ol' shovel and metal rake for me

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
im not even fussed about riding it first. I just want to be within earshot when someone says 'jeez man did you ride that new section of track? - freakin awesome' then i can walk away smugly thinking 'ah my work here is done':cool:

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Oh and an idea could be that all us trail faries get 'Trail Crew' stickers for our cars so we can get priority parking at the trailhead ;)