How to: Post Bikes

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
i just sent my bike to sydney with australian air express cost the buyer $100
big mistake next time i'll use smart post and save some money.
thanks for the help :)

hosssbosss

Likes Dirt
Very useful post:). I'm looking at buying a bike from WA - has anyone had any experience sending bikes to/from the westside? Any couriers particularly good and or cheap?

rayza

Likes Dirt
Very useful post:). I'm looking at buying a bike from WA - has anyone had any experience sending bikes to/from the westside? Any couriers particularly good and or cheap?

ive sent 2 bikes in the last few months from west oz to NSW & QLD. it seems courier prices have gone up dramaticly, Pack&Send or Greyhound freight seem to be best at the moment - should cost you around $150 for a decently boxed bike. Oh and by the way - if you send something at this time of year - dont expect it to be there before Xmas.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Try TransDirect. It should cost under $100. I just shipped a bike from Brisbane to Sydney for $30 with them.

Frenzel

Likes Bikes
This is great, thanks for posting the links. I'm looking at getting a new bike and a few have told me its around 120 from Sydney to Adelaide. Bit strange when I read a few had said they got theirs sent from Sydney to Perth for 120.

Now I got something to go by, thanks heaps

Quintin

Eats Squid
try e-go.com.au

they use hunter express, obviously filling empty space

quoted a box 180*120*15*25kg overnight for $43

gravelmans

Likes Bikes
Um guys, air does weigh nothing i am afraid, or so close to it you would not notice. The only benifit from tyre deflation would be a small amnt more roon in da box!!;)

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just sent a bike from Cairns to Sydney. Greyhound Freight. Dropped it off at the couriers, and they will deliver to the door for $95..:)
Bike was dropped off on Wednesday to go on the midnight service, hopefully the buyer receives it on Monday or Tuesday. Not bad for 2500klm !!
i have used them on occasions in the past, and have always had good reports.

Great information i am about to sell my bike too.
ill have to come back to this thread when i get inquires for posting.
looks like they offer a pretty good deal too.

trickle

Likes Dirt
I just shipped my Cannondale Prophet to melbourne for $38.00 with TNT, heaps cheaper then what I thought and was quoted!

tumble

Likes Dirt
Smartsend FTW. I'm getting a bike next week from Radelaide & got quoted:
Estimated Transit time: 3 - 4 business days
Total Freight Price: AUD$59.21 (Inclusive of GST & Fuel Levy)

smeck

Likes Dirt
I've used Smartsend, the 2-3 business days was more like 6 days, hardly the end of the world but not good. They were cheap though and the box arrived unmarked. Toll are super fast but you do pay for the privilege, Greyhound aren't bad either. If there are regular buses in your direction its fast and cheap, it's just not door to door so you need to collect it.

Az

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any suggestion for getting a bike from the USA to here? Friend on mine cant find anything less then $1000-

velocidad

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any suggestion for getting a bike from the USA to here? Friend on mine cant find anything less then $1000-
l'd suggest he has to go with a freight co like UPS or Fedex and it maybe cheapest to strip the bike totally to get the frame in the smallest box possible and send parts in other box(es).

darsh

Likes Dirt
trannies

Just used Trans direct to get bike from Melbourne to me in Brisbane....$36.12
(insert bogan accent) Tooooo eaaazzie