Hucking

Bender is CRAZY

Likes Dirt
:?: How do you land a drop to a tranny, on a hardtail. Should you have a lot of speed into the take off and just launch it or should you go slow and pull up on the front as you go off the edge? Thanks

fastrider gus

super huck
last w/e i did two different big drops on my HT, one was 25ft with a 30ft gap to a damn short tranny, i fluked it and landed perfectly- both wheels impacted at the same time. the second one was about 20ft but no gap, just a big huck, i landed that a bit on the back wheel and it was smooth as..
if you have the travel up front and the landing is good, try to land evenly, if the landing isnt too good or you dont have big forks, land more trials style..

fastrider gus

super huck
go slow and lean right back on the edge, you'll get the feel of it after a while. that way your bike falls evenly and you can change your position in mid air..

G

not a bad size to start on..how bigs the the gap to the tranny?

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if the tranny is directaly below then go slow, keep in mind that the slower you go the harder you have to pull up. so try to practice pulling up like doing a manual but not as far on your back wheel.
i dont no if this will help much

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Bender is CRAZY said:
The drop is probably 1.25 metres to 1.5 metres, and it will be my first
thats a decent sized drop for ur first time, id suggest doin some smaller ones first, and make sure u have a feel for how much u have to pull up at different speeds. it may sound stupid but its probably better to get a feel for it by droppin off curbs and trying to land both wheels flat

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
Well it's good you two have decided to be open about it, but do you really think a public mtb forum was the right place to do it?!?