Hunter Boonah Racing 2010

DNF

Likes Dirt
comboynes a place out near wauchope/port macquarie. tar shuttle, pretty good trails need some fine tuning but would be ok for a boonah round.
search some videos on here by a bloke called dug, terminal velocity and dead cow i think they're called.

Zekman

Likes Dirt
from talkin to dug ther other day when he was down alot more work has been down to dead cow, as far as i know T.V is still good just hasn't done the work at the bottom. Overall the tracks has some good flow( i think t.v could do with some minor changes) he'd like the boonah to get up there at flog the shit out of the tracks and get some more ideas. He looking at buildign a state worthy track and from seeing some maps and what he has plotted out looks pretty good...

Zekman

Likes Dirt
ah yeah look for dugtec on youtube if that doesnt work look for "dead cow southern invaders" not bad for one man and a shovel

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dug's a great bloke to ride with, came to Tamworth a while back for the weekend. Might be able to organize something up this way ;)

Regan

Eats Squid
Here's a short vid of todays ride...

[video=vimeo;10150385]http://vimeo.com/10150385[/video]

Last edited:

sich nich

Likes Dirt
Hey hey, about the April round of Boonah, its scheduled for Easter long weekend no?
What day should we do it? If we do it on Good Friday then that still gives people the remainder of the 4 day weekend to go away with family etc.

Just a thought, this would suit me, obviously not everyone. Throw the ideas around.

Zekman

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty much good for any day, relos go back home next weekish so more riding is on the plate , where is this one going to be at? suggy?

DFL

Likes Bikes
i can do sunday or monday , have to run opens on easter Sat otherwise i would be there all 4 days, what is happening with the boonah this year anyways?? bit of a slow start ay.........am working on something up here w bushpig that could be ok. the track looks like it may be a short one like minute and a half sorta thing but should be pretty sweet. was thinking if you all do want to come up here one weekend we could maybe do the 2 tracks that are here and do a combined time or average time sort of situation, anyways i'll get my ass into gear and get building.

harrysal

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys

Hey noticing that you guys are all from around maitland area ish' not exactly but still, i did some scouting out along the back side of clarence town/dungog area and found some suitable areas for trails, as far as the owners of the property were concerned the areas in which they could be made where usable for a *rent per month fee* the area i was thinking of encompassed three owners corner paddocks, $5 a month to keep them happy, so thats $15 a month and i am willing to fork out, however, would any of you be interested in the creation of a track or further investigation into the area, im currently out of dh but would gladly help build/maintain the track, if anyone has any queries or further ideas i would gladly like to hear about them so send me a pm or post back in this thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon
Harry Sal

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey noticing that you guys are all from around maitland area ish' not exactly but still, i did some scouting out along the back side of clarence town/dungog area and found some suitable areas for trails, as far as the owners of the property were concerned the areas in which they could be made where usable for a *rent per month fee* the area i was thinking of encompassed three owners corner paddocks, $5 a month to keep them happy, so thats $15 a month and i am willing to fork out, however, would any of you be interested in the creation of a track or further investigation into the area, im currently out of dh but would gladly help build/maintain the track, if anyone has any queries or further ideas i would gladly like to hear about them so send me a pm or post back in this thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon
Harry Sal
At the moment champ I don't think that anyone has time to build a new trail from scratch. We ahve several tracks that we keep going at the moment and are struggling just to find time for them.

If you get something scratched in that you like then some of us may be able to come up and help.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Boonahs,

We will be having a long awaited Boonah round this weekend at a secret track in the Newcastle area. Riding will start at 9am Sunday with timing later in the day.

Rider numbers will be limited at 14 and several of those spots have already been filled so if you want to garuntee your spot then PM me and I will send you the details of which track.

Cheers,

Jimmy

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's teh calender Jimmy..but maybe we fuck the calender and just ride whenever everyone's keeeeen.
Can't see why not. I've got some ideas for other tracks to. Maybe we discuss the next race date and venue at the end of each race, pencil something in and go from there. I'm definatly looking at repairs on two tracks. One long and one short. This weeks track will be only slightly modified, and not in the way we discussed today.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those who know the track there will be some sneaky new lines on offer but you may have to look to find some of them. Some are pretty tricky to. Yay for awesomness

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For a Boonah round that was only conceived less than a week ago the turnout was massive.

Massive props have to go out to Phil and Al for doing the driving, Coleen for the timing, Dean for letting us shuttle in his troopy and Tim for the ute, Rick and Goffy for bringing the trailers.

Real good day of riding was had with the track running smoother than I can remember ( Cheers to Brad for helping to clean it up), the new lines held up good and only a couple of people were injured.

Results ar as followed:

1. Tim: 3:51:66
  2. Regan: 3:56:15
  3. Jimmy: 4:05:34
  4. Jarrod: 4:11:09
  5. Painey: 4:14:95
  6. Rick: 4:15:32
  7. Squiz: 4:20:72
  8. Wade: 4:31.95
  9. Mat M: 4:39:29
  10. Ben L: 4:43.93
  11. Coleen: 5:31:16

Well done to all. Hopefully the next ones are just as fun.

Last edited: