Injury List - Show us what ya got

Jared

Yeti Cycles
hmm , just saw this one and i couldnt resist...lemme see no

along with the usual multiple, lost skin, cuts, bruises, sore bits ect.. ect..
multiple broken fingers, broken elbow, chewed up elbow, chewed up leg, smashed up face requiring plastic surgery (always wear full face kiddies) 1 exploded kidney, 1 lacerated kidney :x (annyone whos had kidney injuries before would know that the pain of anything else just doesnt compare)
I was pretty injury free for a while then this all happened in the last 2 yrs, but evrythings gonna change now , no more crashes for me :)

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
scotty beefs said:
i sort of feel a bit overwhelmed replying to this thread after lupines effort...man you must overestimate your abilities a lot!! :wink: kidding kidding, but serious, where do you go so wrong so often??
hmmm, it wasn't so much a case of overestimaiting my ability, it's just that when something goes really wrong at 200kph, you tend to know about it.
about half the list was from one crash. came to hot into an off camber falling turn, lost the front, it caught again and really highsided me (GF at the time said about 20' vertical), then to add insult to injury, got stomped by my bike when it came down, before hitting the wall at about 80kph. that did both legs, both arms, flailed chest, skull, back, knee, wrist, internals, fingers, and 7 mins all at once. was 6 months inside for that, plus nearly a year recovering. anouther one similar did a bunch of the rest.
the noses, ankles, and a bunch of ribs were hockey tho. they were a lot more fun.

Rik

logged out
I'm doing ok, lost a fair bit of skin, and have a nice collection of scars, as everyone has...
the only real serious injury I've had is a fucked knee, had 2 reconstructions and it's going to be problematic for the rest of my life

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here Goes Not many of these are bike related though.

1 Broken Elbow (right): Warne Pnds Skate Park, 360 Bowl Transfere
2X Fractured Elbow: (left) 360 Bowl Transfere...(Right) Stoping a 88mph Puck
1X Broken toe: Scareiest Crash of my life (fliped and rolled and fliped somemore)
2X Fucked Knees: Cartlage damage

Also the normal skin grazes, soft tissue damage etc... That comes with riding bikes

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
Borked my ACL in my left knee
8 stiches in my left elbow
Various cuts on both elbows and knees
Shins are rough as anything
Burn on my right hip from a tyre
Sprained wrist
Sprained ankle
various bruises & gravel rash

MADCORE! :twisted:

ellemenophee

Likes Bikes
1 full knee reconstruction,
4 knee operations & 1 day in the future i may have to replace the whole unit,
snapped front tooth,
pissed a bit of blood, after being hit by a car whilst on the roadie earlier this year plus a week off work,
concussed a few times ( May the last time),
Acres of skin, & multiple hairline & greenstick fractures- mainly to hands.
Torn intercostal muscles( left side)- permanent rib injury that makes my ribs look square
Bruised the entire right leg above the knee all the way thru the other side, over my hip & butt cheek from top tube nealy tearing the Goolies away,
these are the bike injuries, the surfing ones are stingray cuts on my feet, weird skin developments on my feet from flippers, skin from face ( multiple),broken toes, bruised ACL (left) 2 months out of water, & 15 years of Shorebreaks & reef breaks tearing off assorted hunks of flesh & wetsuits.
But i am told i am just 1 of those lucky people, who always walk away from the carnage with no scratch to bare. WORKS FOR ME !

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Broken eye socket
Knocked out twice
Broken ribs
Some badass scarring on my right arm
Broken both Scafoids in my wrists
Dislocated my thumb (about 2 months ago). I can slide it in and out of the joint when I'm hyped up...otherwise it hurts too much.
Dislocated and broken a few random fingers
Broke my ankle, but did more ligament damage than bone damage. I had an 8 week cast, removed it after 3, and now suffer the consequences.
20+ stitches.

That's MTB/BMX there.

mr whippy

Likes Dirt
my mum is a nurse at a melbourne hospital and told me about 3 years ago they had a mountain biker come in to emergency who's genitals were nearly detatched from his body after a stack. :cry: :cry: anyone here gonna claim that injury?

juzza

Likes Dirt
i thought that i had it raelly bad, continuosly cutting up my legs even with shinnies on, but u guys are just mudering yourselves! Look after your body. It aint cool to screw it up

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
juzza said:
i thought that i had it raelly bad, continuosly cutting up my legs even with shinnies on, but u guys are just mudering yourselves! Look after your body. It aint cool to screw it up
lol i know how u feel juzza
hahahah so far lupine is the winner!!! you win my love lupine ahahaha

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i don't WANNA win!
i wanna walk normaly, not look like i just became intimate with a big guy called bubba :(

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
This is the metal I needed to repair a shattered right heel last year!

<------------ Toes are this way

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
lupine128 said:
woohoo, bring on the hockey injuries!!!!!
funny...I played hockey for 20 years. Other than a gazillion stitches and some broken teeth, never had any serious injuries like I've had with Biking.

Ty

Eats Squid
i feel like i should chip into this thread, but i wont for the sake of those who have had to see my leg scar in the past.

Ty

Eats Squid
ok but don't say i didn't warn ya, i took thie pic just then (15/8/03).

i'm lucky to still have it, let alone be riding mountain bikes the way i do. i probably have about the same hardwear in my knee as Acadian heel x-ray.

edit, i originally did this in '95

G

i have to quote from zoolander but change it a little bit

"OHHHH SNAP!!!....How did that effect you with the girls? Did they not wanna get busy with you"

heheh nice battle bruises boys.

ty howd ya fuck up ya leg same fro acadian but heel