Injury List - Show us what ya got

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
Fuzzy said:
i have to quote from zoolander but change it a little bit

"OHHHH SNAP!!!....How did that effect you with the girls? Did they not wanna get busy with you"

heheh nice battle bruises boys.

ty howd ya fuck up ya leg same fro acadian but heel
I overcleared a DJ...had to bail and landed hard on my heels, causing the right one to explode :cry:

G

ouch whats it like now? do you have an masive scar? hmm stupid question...whats it like walking?

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
Fuzzy said:
ouch whats it like now? do you have an masive scar? hmm stupid question...whats it like walking?
oh ya...I have a big scar. And the Metal says in unless it becomes painful.

Right now it’s pretty good. I know something happened, and it hurts now and then, but other than that its all good.

Usually these hurt a lot, and forever! Plus after surgery you usually loose a lot of movement in your foot. The Dr. said I was one of those rare patients (almost miracle) where you almost fully recovered!! Almost no pain, and almost no loss of movement! So I’m really grateful...I came out good considering how bad it was.

BTW...the surgery took 5 hours...

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
Fuzzy said:
woah thats pretty lucky. does it affect your riding?
physically I'm getting back up there...

Mentally is a tad harder :? You know how it is aftar a big crash...especially one that sidelines you for frekkin' 6-7 months.

G

yeh been there but not for that long...5 weeks is hard enough let alone 7 months :cry:

rubba-chikin

Likes Dirt
My worst injury was from body surfing, when I got dumped onto a sandbar. I stood up in about 10cm of water after breaking my colarbone and tearing all the ligaments in my shoulder.
Been there done that, no broken bones that time though, but i needed surgery to fix up the rooted ligments n tissue. (right shoulder)

I also fell out of a window playing on painters scaffolding and ripped a hole on the inside of my right elbow with the window catch about 6cm diameter. (i was about 10 and it has since completely recovered except for a slight numb spot)

Im a BMX dirt jumper and my list of biking injuries go like:

1 x right side clean broken collarbone (nosed the backside of a landing and flipped)
1 x right side fractured collarbone (nosed another landing, cracked the same place that had healed, it had only been 6 months tho)
few concussions mainly from those 2 collar bone stacks where i landed on my shoulder/head
9 stiches in my arm from a nasty sharp rock
2 large gashes in my left leg along the shin bone that couldnt be stitched so butterfly stripped.
countless smaller pedal bites and grazes

So after all that my right arm aint too happy :) Still have great funtion of it luckily, lost a small bit of rotation in my shoulder though and a few numb spots from severed nerves

I wear knee pads and shin guards now, they have got to be one of the best investments i have ever bought, they have saved my legs from so much pain it isnt funny :)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i didn't know people were saying their injuries other from mountain biking

i'm lucky to still be alive, when i was 7 i was walking around a construction site in bali. i climbed up this ladder to the 3rd story and walked around the roof. i didn't go back down the ladder the proper way, i didn't face the ladder i put my back to it and did it that way.. my feet slipt and i fell 3 storys. at the bottom of the ladder there was a wheel barrow filled with shuvels and axes and all sorts of gory bits, luckily one of the workers (a girl) ran and caught me.... my parents were so thankful that they gave her $3000 for saving my ass... which is 2 years of salary for her....

other than that i've been lucky, been knocked out a couple of times playing rugby and concust. put my back out of line several times from collapsed scrums....

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*german freud accent* so, peachy, please lay back on the couch and tell me how long you have had these suicidal feeling. since early childhood? i see. yes i reccommend a strong and lasting course of heavy medication. start with this bottle of tequila, while we find you some drugs.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
lupine128 said:
*german freud accent* so, peachy, please lay back on the couch and tell me how long you have had these suicidal feeling. since early childhood? i see. yes i reccommend a strong and lasting course of heavy medication. start with this bottle of tequila, while we find you some drugs.
ahahahaha ohhh lupine you seize to amuse me :roll:

does anyone wear a kidney belt when ridign?

Dave_S

Squid
Can't remember some of mine - mostly the concussions :D

Broken every finger & toe, lotsa ribs, nose a few times, some teeth, the usual. Last year broke my neck. Sort of shattered my C3 into 6 pieces. They cut my throat open from the front to get the bits out & stuck a chunk of hip bone in to fill the gap. A nice bit of titanium and a few screws hold things together. Somehow I missed out on dying or being in a wheelchair. Even got the feeling back in my fingers after a few months.

After that I promised my mum I wouldn't ride my bike any more. I sold it. I bought a Bullit to ride instead. :twisted:

S.

ex offender
Ty said:
ok but don't say i didn't warn ya, i took thie pic just then (15/8/03).

i'm lucky to still have it, let alone be riding mountain bikes the way i do. i probably have about the same hardwear in my knee as Acadian heel x-ray.

edit, i originally did this in '95
Fuck dude, that looks like it's been caught in/under something and mashed up... what happened?

zhifchik

Squid
Lotsa corks in the thigh from flying into the bars, untold gravel rashes and gouges to arms but my worst to date was six stitches to the chin and concussion during a lunch time ride with bloody roadies :wink: Lost it on wet concrete. (Photo at left)

Funniest and potential worst - Not me but 3yo son on a trike "downhilling" a neighbours driveway on a trycycle with his legs in the air. Launched head first into a brick wall :( , blood nose and split the front of his helmet in two (the foam)!! He was dead without the helmet and I keep reminding him of how important a helmet is (now 8yo and BMXing)

G

zhifchik said:
I keep reminding him of how important a helmet is (now 8yo and BMXing)
teach em young i say, you sir are a good parent 8)

Ty

Eats Squid
Socket said:
Ty said:
ok but don't say i didn't warn ya, i took thie pic just then (15/8/03).

i'm lucky to still have it, let alone be riding mountain bikes the way i do. i probably have about the same hardwear in my knee as Acadian heel x-ray.

edit, i originally did this in '95
Fuck dude, that looks like it's been caught in/under something and mashed up... what happened?
yup, you pretty much guessed it, i got into a fight with a couple of cars, only problem was that i was on a push bike.

cars won by the way.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Fuzzy said:
zhifchik said:
I keep reminding him of how important a helmet is (now 8yo and BMXing)
teach em young i say, you sir are a good parent 8)
hellz yeah, teach em young... when i have a kid (if i can find someone to mate with) i'll get him on a bike as soon as possible.... he'll be sponsored by a DH team before he can walk :lol:

Shit Ty, bad luck man....... did u go under the car/s?

S.

ex offender
I am now the proud owner of some sort of hip injury (it hurts to move), and Mark (01 250) just broke both bones in his wrist AND his collarbone...