Inverse beater project - even uglier!

Ingeniator

Likes Dirt
second hand tires!
and i mean REALLY second hand, like worn right down through the black rubber in spots!

I reckon not even a moustache bar, but really low rise , scratched up bars.....upside down

Rik

logged out
It has begun...

And then:

And I forgot to take a pic of the last colour, a deep burgundy.
Fun :)

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rims that have been painted with the spokes left in always tend to look shit.

Will be great to see it at the end though. :cool:

-Elliot-

Likes Dirt
Got enough paint? I reckon you have added a fair bit of weight to the frame... you better attack it with a wire brush ;)

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol that is the most coats i have seen on a bike ever. let alone being all different colors

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Whats this masking shit I see? Do you think the kids in the ghetto can afford to take time of selling weed to carefully make up there headsets :p? Taking the wheels off is even a bit of a stretch.

Should come out pretty shitty (in a good way) though. Reminds me of those art pieces you did in primary school with colored crayons covered by black paint and scratched back.

I reckon painted rims are a must. Could leave the tyres on too and poorly mask them so you have over spray on the tyres.

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats this masking shit I see? Do you think the kids in the ghetto can afford to take time of selling weed to carefully make up there headsets :p? Taking the wheels off is even a bit of a stretch.

Should come out pretty shitty (in a good way) though. Reminds me of those art pieces you did in primary school with colored crayons covered by black paint and scratched back.

I reckon painted rims are a must. Could leave the tyres on too and poorly mask them so you have over spray on the tyres.
I can just see rik geting pulled over by a police office and questioned about stolen bikes..

J_Xtreme

Squid
Ugly, raised, bent handle bars are always a goer on a shitty bike. I also love the idea of the rear view mirror adn flag.
When its left alone, also leave a manky white foam helmet hanging from the handle bars....big turn off i reckon.

Gripo

Eats Squid
where to from there

Hey Rik, where to from the multi paint pics in post 43?, show us some progres soon.....

Rik

logged out
Would you believe it took 10 days for the paint to harden? Not surprising given how thick it is and cool weather didn't help.
This was the final coat that I didn't post earlier, and when you see my other bike you'll laugh :)

Yesterday arvo... hungover like nothing else, stuff all sleep, full of sugar and feeling the need to vent some frustration. Crank up some metal and get out the power tools, ooohh yeah.
Here's the results.

And up close.

The paint melted from the heat of being wirebrushed/flapwheeled hence the horrid green colour. It looks like spew and the texture is nasty too.

To top it off I then "tagged" it with a stencil that means more to me than you guys ;) Multiple colours on every tube, it looks very abstract now. Is it still tagging if it's your own property?

All I need now is heaps of stickers for the mudguards, and to assemble it. The drivetrain is the last thing to worry about, will be fitting old roadie cranks with 5/110 spider specifically to run an old Gutty bashring but they probably need a really long BB axle to clear the frame. Haven't even investigated my options yet, it'll be a headache...

Good fun so far :)

Gripo

Eats Squid
sick/SIC

Well Rik it's definately turned out sick looking, as opposed to SIC. Your end result is your reward no doubt, unCool concept indeed. 10/10

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When I saw the first picture in your most recent post i thought 'Shit, not too bad'
Then...I scrolled.
Nice!