Is it a cheater switch and do you use it?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
So I actively used my switch today. Stromlo is a few k's of climb so I went climb mode for all but Heart Breaker which was trail. Yeah it worked.

I forgot to switch out of trail for the rest of the ride, but other than Pork Barrel and Three Amigos there's nothing we rode on the down that wasn't trail suitable.

I reckon I was underestimating how much better it is using the switch but unless I'm trying to smash an uphill record I'll just leave it in trail, vice versa for downhill. I probably also underestimated how good my bike rides on the middle setting too. Pop city.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'm only being half a cheater, trail is great for climbs and most descents I ride so tending to leave it there unless it's rough stuff. Climb is just less comfortable and feeling very little difference to trail in terms of putting power down. Backflip cheetah!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Used twinloc on the Scott workbike alot. Use the cheat switch alot on local jumps, flat xc, mostly a sprint mode. Would definitely use a remote option.

Electric cheat switch front and rear is what I'm waiting for, I'll go electric dropper n gearing when I get my suspension remotes switches.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Used twinloc on the Scott workbike alot. Use the cheat switch alot on local jumps, flat xc, mostly a sprint mode. Would definitely use a remote option.

Electric cheat switch front and rear is what I'm waiting for, I'll go electric dropper n gearing when I get my suspension remotes switches.
I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Scott twin lock on the trails for climbing.

Flow-Rider

Burner
From Scott? :D
Nah, I usually stop and chat to people at the top of trails heads when I see a new bike and ask them if they're happy with it, a lot of them say their piece and say it doesn't climb as well as my last bike, when I ask what their last bike was a few of them have had Scotts with the dual climb switch.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
It sounds like a lot of you would use the switch, but the main concern is getting to the top and forgetting to switch back; and then being unable to when getting rowdy on a descent. Sounds like a handlebar remote would be a really good solution to this.

As long as it's silent and cleanly routed, it wouldn't bother me any. Don't find myself looking at my handlebars when riding.
Mate, since I got the Scott with the twinlock on the bars I'm using it constantly. Makes a huge difference to be able to toggle between open and mid for climbs. On my Reign I just left them alone as constantly reaching for the fork or shock was distracting.