Jet Black 12 hours

QZ13

Likes Dirt
I gave Dr Eggs a bike to ride when I got there.

Jebus won the beard off as I wasn't entered. The Padawan was relatively silky smooth which was a disappointment. We all might need some assistance to compete against Smokin' Joe at Nats though.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
mmm, thanks Rob. :(
And after you give me a push up the hill. :p
Ah sorry fixed it. I was more interested in this...

Mens Pairs
1. ??
2. ??
4. Alchemist and Wolfie (dirty double crossers)
I'll also point out we were just 7 days away from being 2nd in Masters Pairs, and the following Mens Pairs all got beaten by two guys riding "road" bikes.... ;)

5 Mick and Ben the MTB Men
6 Night Riders
7 Mad2
8 Pedal4Pierce
9 Hayes Bicyle Group Race Team Australia
10 Sporadic
11 just in time
12 Carbretter
13 Faster Than Pasta
14 RAM

Zenith

Likes Bikes
What a weekend.. a great race for my first cross country race.

Thanks to RTE and all the organisers / volenteers / supporters etc.

still have sore leggs.. but it was worth it.

All the friendly helpfull people out on the track, even thought all of them were passing me :)

I cant wait for the next one.. :)

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
First time to this event and had a ball, especially since I actually lasted the distance. Thanks to all involved for a great event.

the following Mens Pairs all got beaten by two guys riding "road" bikes.... ;)
Would almost have to say that those bikes were an advantage on that course (well thats what one of the guys who finished in 5th is going to use as an excuse:D). You didn't hear someone swear when you past them on your last lap did you? That was me as I knew we just lost 4th and I had nothing left to chase. Ive also got helmet cam footage of you climbing the tricky climb towards the end of the lap, will post it (and the rest of the lap) when I get around to editing the video.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
So you would have been riding with the infamous Michael Loughlin? Last time I saw him at Dargle he was covered in bandages from head to toe and that was before the race even started.

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
So does anyone know who that one guy who binned it over that roll over at the end of the last descent was? Just wondering what the damage was. Because it sounded epic. He got up straight away though.

He was on an SS. It was dusk, so didn't see the stack in full flight. But it made a mighty noise!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Great weekend, first race longer than a few hours. Great track and organisation, great company on the trails, even more hooked now than I was. Let's do it again!

Dammit I'm too unfit to be hooked on these things - something has to change :)

My teammate in mens pairs was in his first ever competitive event of anything, ever ever, and did five laps himself and enjoyed it, which is awesome.

Great camp atmosphere and whatnot. The *only* negative, and it's minor really, was the Redbull rave music really was not suitable for a family event. "ARSE AND TITTIES" repeated 50 times raises some eyebrows. Sure arse and titties are both good things, but...
The music piped over the regular PA was great though, and the commentary was amusing at times. Reckon the bloke who came in to the huge random cheer and interview was pretty confused!

m_g

Likes Dirt
Reckon the bloke who came in to the huge random cheer and interview was pretty confused!
ha...yeah that was me...and yeah i was pretty confused...i could actually here him start commentating me along the ridge and down the hill...i thought for sure i was imagining it...then to come in to the cheers and cowbells was freaking sweet!!! thanks all for getting into it...to ride into the event center after 12.5 hrs riding and expecting the presentation to be done and dusted and people packing up, and then be greeted by that, was a little full on, hence my brief interview :) but i did win a free water bottle...first place didnt even win one of those...

crummy?

Likes Dirt
RTE JetBlack 12hr

Hey
Thanks for the great event, It was heaps of fun.;)

Me and my team mates (WSMTB Junior 2) made a little vid of the first few hours of the race, before the video cameras battery died
Here it is
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/152796/
i hope you like it
Tom
Well done guys, you captured a couple of great moments, keep up the good work on and off the bike.

Coming off a late shift week was probably not the preparation I had in mind heading into the Rocky Trail weekend at Dargle Farm. But so it was, fighting sleep deprivation and an out of whack body clock we arrived early Saturday morning for the crispy cool start of the JetBlack 12hr. Arm warmers and wind vests were a must as the temperature hovered around the one to two digit mark. Team Enduro Pulse all had arrived with our dedicated support crew, excited to get out on the bikes, ride and have some fun.

With a simple plan in mind for the next 12 hours, I wasn't going to get bothered by the racing up the front, just keep in my heart-rate zones, transition fluidly, ride smart and have a ball on the Yeti. It took a lap to settle in and just a couple of laps to sort out the best of the chosen lines. The track was in fairly good shape and in most cases got better as we went on. A mixture of open fire-trail, rocky single-track traverses, berms and pumps, with just about all the downhill sections being single-track. I even managed to use the 27 tooth cog, finally a climb tough enough!

Full report @ mcrummy.blogspot.com or at Enduro Pulse

Last edited:

Captain Kirk

Likes Bikes
Here is the famous Yeti on the start lap, going for the full dismount as those pesky mountains bikes clogged the climb.

Captured by a Belgium Phototag (helmet cam on team mate).

Attachments