Jet Black 24 Hours 2011

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No Change to the Date!

5-6 Feburary 2011

I quote "THERE WILL BE MUD :)"

Full details at www.rockytrailentertainment.com

I'm sure many will have something to say about the rammifications of not changing the date (given weather conditions for the past 2 years and every consequence that stems from that). But I for one couldnt care less - I LOVE RTE Events - there is no other race promoter in the country that does such an amazing job of striking the balance between value, vibe, and racing so well. I'd happily do their events during monsoon season (again... :p)

Put me down as a definate!

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Thanks for the praise :D

When we started developing the Del Rio trails we always had a very family friendly atmosphere in mind with kids playing minigolf and at the multiple playgrounds while their parents are having fun on the bikes.

Also we were quite prepared for it being hot with the pool, showers and the river offering nice options to cool down in between laps.

That's why we are not giving up on this event/location/time of the year. With a bit of luck it will be absolutely awesome in 2011!

The MTB GP on the 18th of September will be a bit of a tester with the weather forecast being great at the moment. Hopefully we can finally show you the trails in the dry... the dream lives on :cool:

m_g

Likes Dirt
i know its not convenient for you, but is there any chance of leaving rego open until the friday (??!!!)

after the last two years I know I wouldn't be going out again unless the forecast is favourable...new drivetrains are getting expensive...

cheers

mg

bingobong

Likes Bikes
Jet Black 24hr is a great set-up around the resort. The event this year was let down by the rain and mud as with alot of other events but the organisers still managed to put on a good race including an alternate track when the main one got too dangerous.

It seems like the weather gods have not smiled on mountain biking events this year but the tough conditions have really sorted out who are the good event organisers and RTE did a great job with this one.

trailburner

We always leave registration open as long as possible but it takes about 1 day to go over the rider list and make last minute changes, and then get everything ready: number plates, trophies etc. We usually do this on a Thursday. On Friday morning we head out to the track to prepare everything which means we usually don't have internet access anymore.

m_g

Likes Dirt
We always leave registration open as long as possible but it takes about 1 day to go over the rider list and make last minute changes, and then get everything ready: number plates, trophies etc. We usually do this on a Thursday. On Friday morning we head out to the track to prepare everything which means we usually don't have internet access anymore.
fair enough...the forecast is usually accurate enough by weds before the weekend...
cheers

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Bring it on my friends. I tried to make the 2010 running of this race my first solo 24 hour but was wisely cut short from the weather. Now the WSC 24 has been ruled out for me I'll be back to Del Rio to hopefully finally get a full 24 hours under the belt.

Too early to get info on any track changes from 2010??

davzab

Likes Dirt
was a great event, even in very adverse conditions, very well handled, organised and planned.
shame I can't make next year as I'm o/s but definately recommended.

trailburner

sorry for the double post - but my thoughts should be in this thread too:

So in learning from the MTB GP Round 3 race at Del Rio last weekend this is what we plan for the 24 hour:
Family friendly 24 hour racing will be paramount.
No more asking for leave passes - bring the families, camp or stay in a cabin or villa and have a great weekend with the entire family. Our kids races are taking off and the BMX track is a perfect track for it.
It's in February so if it doesn't rain it will be hot - pool, river, cold beverage in the pub will cool you down in between laps in the resort and we will probably put a cool down station at the top of the hill.
There will be a 6+6 hour daylight only option.
For the solo fields we will have 40+, 50+, Single Speed, Unicycle and Clydesdale Categories. Clydesdale will be 100+ kg (without bike and backpack) - this is to keep a level playing field for bigger riders considering how punishing the hillclimb will be if you haul around that much weight (I know :eek: ).
Track wise: bridges will be repaired or replaced, there is a great descent that Steve from WSMTB roughed in connecting the road with the paddock. It requires a massive amount of work so I hope we can get it done in time. We also want to revisit the paddock as it has the potential for us to put in a lot of berms and fast and flowy lines.
We put on events that we want to race ourselves and the next 24 hour will be no different rain hail or shine! See you there.
Martin

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Track wise: bridges will be repaired or replaced, there is a great descent that Steve from WSMTB roughed in connecting the road with the paddock. It requires a massive amount of work so I hope we can get it done in time. We also want to revisit the paddock as it has the potential for us to put in a lot of berms and fast and flowy lines.
Martin, can you keep us informed of track build days? The more notice the better obviously but I reckon I'm due to put in a few days of honest work.

As for the race, if I can get back on the bike in time I'll be there - maybe even solo if I get a rush of blood at the entry page!

m_g

Likes Dirt
im predicting a record number of SS entries in anticipation of weather (but fingers crossed for some sunshine, you guys deserve a break!!!!)

trailburner

Entries are open

We opened registration on Friday and they starting to come in already.

New in 2011 will be a 6+6 hour option and team sizes are solo and teams of 2,3 and 4.

Don't wait to long especially if you want to book a cabin. We reserved the entire resort and it will fill up very fast.

There is the boathouse and the cabin which house 32 and 20 people - if you guys want to get organised and get maybe 3-4 families together and book those it might work out really cheap.

Rider cap is 600 across both 6+6 and 24 hour races.

This will be the most family friendly 24 hour race you guys can experience: pub, childrens playground, golf, mini-golf, pool, river, jumping pillow, kids races,...
Don't ask for leave passes - bring the whole family to enjoy the Del Rio Resort.

Info page: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/24-overview.html

Registration page: http://regonline.activeglobal.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=899271

Resort page: http://delrioresort.com.au

It will be our third attempt to bring you a full 24 hour race and we will try harder than ever to make this dream of ours come true!

trailburner

Just got a call from the Del Rio guys: only 3 villas left for the 24 hour weekend. Lots of camping of course, but if you want to race villa-style you have to book now!

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do i get special consideration as im a clydsdale riding in a team of whippets. ill be happy with a 2 minute discount per lap.

When is you next build day? Im a teacher and we finnish up soon and if you were going to do some mid week stuff im more than happy to help out.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got a call from the Del Rio guys: only 3 villas left for the 24 hour weekend. Lots of camping of course, but if you want to race villa-style you have to book now!
Only one left now! I just got the second last one apparently:cool: The pit crew will be happy!

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Escape is booked! After the experience my wife had trying to constrain our 18month old professional escape artist at world solos Tents at events are out!