Jet Black 24 Hours 2011

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
I just booked the last cabin this morning....

If you go on to the Del Rio website they have a site map which shows where all the cabins are etc. The track (at least in 2010) goes right past the blue cabins on the map, not so much the yellow ones.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh god, I just realised... now I have to start training - I've put on 7-9kgs since WSC24 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes, that much! I don't really do the training regime before a race too consistently, BUT I can stick to a diet like a complete tightarse for months on end if I have a big enough motivation (eg WSC) i.e. no oil in cooking, no processed meats, no excess salt, no white sugar, no fried foods, no pastries, no caffine, no alcohol... that world champ bloke who lives on pizza would think his throat was cut... problem is that as a result I go on massive post race binges... sigh... I've got 4 races before the Sydney 24 to whip me back into shape :)

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh god, I just realised... now I have to start training - I've put on 7-9kgs since WSC24 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes, that much! QUOTE]

Nasty. Nothing like committing to a race to whip yourself back into shape though. Find some hills and get repeating!
Just rego'd for the race. Figured since I'd already booked the accomodation I may as well...

In the absence of a U25 category I'm aiming for 375km+

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
I read that Del Rio installed another jumping pillow for the small kids. So please bring them along!

Hopefully this will be the year that sees the swimming pool in action and not the pools of water inside the tents...

trailburner

Sign up to the JetBlack 24 hour before Christmas and get a free JetBlack tyre repair kit, 2 Verofit meal replacement bars and a Rocky Trail drinking bottle.

trailburner

tandems and unicycles

We will have both a tandem and so far 2 unicycles at the race as well in case there are more takers out there.

We will have a build day this saturday (15.) - pm me or send me an email if you are keen to come as well.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this build day to put in some tight switchbacks to test the tandem riders? It's only fair because tere are two of them on one bike!

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are they going to manage the descent. Unless its gordo and english on the same bike it could be carnage

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are they going to managae the descent. Unless its gordo and english on the same bike it could be carnage
DW about it mate - I heard along the grapevine that its Sam Hill up front to steer and Jason English on the back to do most of the pedalling;)

What to bring ?

Taking part in my first 24 hour in a team of 3 as this race. We've not done one before so unsure what to bring along other than the usual things we take along when doing day races.

In terms of the transistion area etc I'm assuming we'll need a a shelter to hang around in during the race, do we just set this up when we get there in a defined area ?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Taking part in my first 24 hour in a team of 3 as this race. We've not done one before so unsure what to bring along other than the usual things we take along when doing day races.

In terms of the transistion area etc I'm assuming we'll need a a shelter to hang around in during the race, do we just set this up when we get there in a defined area ?
I'm thinkin for this particular race LOTS of protection from the rain, the more you safeguard yourself from the rain the less likely it is too rain. If that doesn't work at least you'll be able to stay dry when it does rain. Also have a dig through here and you'll find various threads on packing gear for 24's.
Haven't ridden this race yet, but been there for the last two and the most popular spot was the clubhouse, the only times I've left races with a hangover.:eek:
Hope it stays dry for the RTE crew this year.