Just got back from work

Hopper

Likes Dirt
I just got back from a 20 day working stint at a mining geological exploration site. I'm on a 10 day break at the moment and fly back out on the 14th. I'm only a student doing Vacation work but I am loving it.

I must work in one of the better offices around. Even after driving out to work the 20th time, tired as hell, I was still in awe every time I saw the views. Not only is the landscape awesome we get to see lots of Wedgetails flying around, crap loads of Euros and Kangaroos, a Sand Monitor that lived in the camp we had our core library at, an Echidna that lived around our accommodation and I saw 2 Yellow Foot Rock Wallabies on this trip.

Here is one of the work cars parked at the office at the end of the day

Here are a couple of pictures of the landscape from the track which leads to the Core Library.

Here is a picture of one of the Utes on the track

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
holy moley its like a mini utah! go build some pimping trails there! haha

demo man

Used to be cool.
Fuck yeah, land like that is just incredible. I just hope like hell it is left untouched and natural.

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for posting! :)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Beautiful stuff mate, simply awesome.

Although, pic #8 would be nicely complimented with a track running down the hill!

Hopper

Likes Dirt
Is that Arkarula or how ever you spell it?
We have a winner. This is Arkaroola, it's in the Northern Flinders Ranges. Due to the sensitivity of the area, the mine, if it goes ahead, will be underground.

Unfortunately I can't take my bike out there and wouldn't have enough time to build track anyway. When Iam out there I work every day for around 11-12 hours.

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Putting a mine anywhere near there is just stupid. That area should be kept the way it is. I love how its completely excluded from anywhere else. Is it 150km or something to a paved road?:p

MasterOfReality

After forever
At the last underground metalliferous mine I worked at, I used to spend many a day thinking what an awesome riding park the underground environment would make.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
I hate to break it to you, but the 14th is only 7 days away!
You just got ripped off 3 days.
Anyway, those are some sweet pics! That place looks beautiful! :O

contagion

Likes Dirt
Then mines wouldn't exist at all... Then you wouldn't have any fuels so you couldn't post on farkin.
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic man....

Wow man, just wow. Once I'm finished my apprenticeship hopefully I'm gunna try and see the majority of Australia and I'll definitely have that on the list of places to go.

Truly magnificent.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
god there is so much potential out there for trails...you could run the worlds there sam would be a lot happied:)...beatiful country and some nice photos there to

Hopper

Likes Dirt
If done properly an underground mine will have extremely low impact on the area. The area was initially mined back in the 1910's. All the track that allows access to the area was cut in by Exoil and CRA (now Rio Tinto) in the 70's and 80's. The group I am working for are rehabilitating the old tracks left behind by CRA which we don't use.

Also I haven't been jipped a couple days break, I flew back home on Wedensday, I wsa just lazy putting this post up.

Last edited: