Kinglake WTF!!

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that berm thats just been made is unreal, the track is in sweet as condition. im against the north shore, but maintaining the track and making it as sweet as it is now, im all for.

demoman - i think everyone is against the north shore, but timbot is talking about the new berm down the bottom, which is now sweet as. props.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Poor Timbot... he has never been good at spelling but at the moment he is working hard along with Team Columbia and myself to keep cleaning up the track by reshaping and rebuilding as many berms as we can.
We would like to fix the rock drop to flat in the middle and maybe even take the track off to the side of the road straight after so as to miss the road in the middle all together, heaps of work involved so it may take a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Might I add that we are not the only ones doing some good stuff out there so props to the other crew doin their bit as well, ( and I don't mean the guys building the drops and bridges either ), every bit helps.

Armorlite

Cannon Fodder
Sieze the shovel

Congratulations to all those people puting in the hard yards at Kinglake this winter/spring.
Have noticed a lot of work going into the upkeep and improvement of the track - Albeit some dodgy NS in the top section but good on em for trying.

Reading these forums, I'm hearing a lot of wingers baging out other peoples work - especially the freeride stuff going into the bottom section..
If you have a problem with any of it - Grab a farkin shovel and do something about it. Crying to your online MTB mommy is not productive and doesn't make the track any better. At least the people with shovels are doing something about it!!

Gekigengar

Likes Dirt
If you have a problem with any of it - Grab a farkin shovel and do something about it. Crying to your online MTB mommy is not productive and doesn't make the track any better. At least the people with shovels are doing something about it!!
i 2nd that ....... if its really bad... dont waste there efforts and try make it better if possible...

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Albeit some dodgy NS in the top section but good on em for trying.

Reading these forums, I'm hearing a lot of wingers baging out other peoples work - especially the freeride stuff going into the bottom section..
Welcome to Farkin.

Firstly, why praise someone for building dodgy shite that puts the track in jepardy, if you want to practise building do it in your own backyard. Leave the top section as it is, it's just not needed.

Secondly, building pokey little drops to flat also does not make the track any better, makes me scratch my head and ask....why bother. If people just keep building random crap it will eventually have a detrimental effect on the DH track as the local rangers won't like it, we won't have a track to ride and none of us want that now do we.

I suggest thinking out your second post a little better than your first.

Might I add that Timbot was out there today fixing up more berms in the bottom section so it should be sweet to ride this weekend.

Last edited:

V10

Likes Dirt
Hey gus i rode ye olde kinglake on the weekend. props to all the guys that have done so much work up there over the last 4-6 weeks since i was up there last. I can now see what all the replys on here are about, the cmpletly shite notshores. Why is that wankers feel the need to clear, cut and basicly f#@k the bushland, just to replicate their favorite dvd's. Kinglake is an awsome place to ride it has bits of everthing we love to ride all through it. It dosn't need crappy unplaned stunts built into it. the guys and girls (Yes their up there too) Buildig berms and working on the track for the betterment of the area and the riders, are doing a top job. If half wit's keep clearing and just basically destoying the area with crap, we will all loose the area as a place to ride........... Sort of similar to what some idiot's have been doing at the bottom of Mt d. ut thats another thread.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
improving za track Ja

Been up at Kl again tuesday Building another new berm on an existing corner with Rodrego(the man can swing a shovel)The bottom section is now almost totally buff now,back to it's former glory or even better maybe?our next effort will be to put some work into the tight section after the road connector as there is alot of washed out corners needing attention.In regard to the top section i was dissapointed to see some Knucklehead cut through the log that was the landing ramp for the first half of the double.The only reason for this that is apparent to me is that the Vandal(s)that did it couldnt
ride it properly and thought "lets remove it"instead of trying to step it up.In my not so humble opinion the track should not be simplified.If your not good enough to ride an obstacle, ride around it and let the rest of us enjoy it the way it was....

V10

Likes Dirt
Yes timbot that is exactly what i was thinking about the removal of the log in the first part of that double section. There was no need to remove it. I have an idea who did it. My brother and i were hitting it up in the wet last time i was up there, And there was a few nancy boys saying how good it would be with out it there, because they couldnt even do it in the dry. (Fairy's). Even my missus can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! So what i reckon we should do is get a bob cat for the weekend and grade a smooth 3ft wide fire road into the hill in stead of the dh track, that way all the dick heads could ride it. Oh and dont forget the 10ft high not shores made of paddle pop sicks for the rominuk wanna be's.

StormFire

Likes Dirt
I put foward the notion that we dig a really REALLY deep hole where that much loved log used to exist before it's life was tragically cut short, such that anyone that drops short of the logs past place of existance simply dissapears, thus ridding us of the probable log removalists.

however improbable, it's possible ... maybe if we dug for a really really long time ...

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put foward the notion that we dig a really REALLY deep hole where that much loved log used to exist before it's life was tragically cut short, such that anyone that drops short of the logs past place of existance simply dissapears, thus ridding us of the probable log removalists.

however improbable, it's possible ... maybe if we dug for a really really long time ...
I like it, that idea has merit.

We may have to do something about it this weekend whilst we are up there, maybe we will make it bigger than it ever was. I too agree that if your unable to ride an obsticle either step it up or ride around/get off and push don't simplify something to suit your ability.

buggy

Squid
I'm a fairly amatuerish rider on a hardtail and even I can't see the point of taking something out just because it's a bit hard. Sorta defeats the purpose of riding a downhill track doesn't it? For me It's good to ave stuff you're not sure about or can't do. It gives you something to work up to. If you wanna take it easy either slow down a bit or start riding on paved bike tracks.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
bringing the love back

we plan on replacing the log and moving the landing ramp of the second half of the double as we are all flat landing it.is this the case with most riders?...Wisey put a new berm in the 3rd section which is hard to spot until your apon it but it rides sweet as.Props mo foe.
Stand by as we still have grand renovations planned all though
the track but with the lack of rain shaping berms has become difficult and has made the track pretty slick.

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
That is huge disrepect to the builders of that track to be removing obsticles. For starters it is really an insult in the first place for people to be changing tracks that they had very little, or nothing, to do with in the first place, i mean of course unless they have spoken to the guys who built it and so forth..and know what the go is and are making good positive changes.
To remove a log from the jumps in the top that person, or persons has alot of explaining to do....thats fuked! If you couldnt make that jump and now you have removed it, how do you think that you will advance in the future?? Besides it wasnt that hard to make, fuk you could make it sideways in the mud without evan needing to crank. If the person or persons who have done this are reading this you should be having a good hard look at urself! Maybe you should consider constructing your own track and no upsetting other riders..maybe think about someone else rather than urself!!

cheers,

Jack

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
I'm one of the guys that built the entire first and last sections of the track. Personally it's doesn't bother me that that log has gone. Most people never used it as a down ramp.
One thing that does bug me is that about 50m after those doubles, the track is supposed to turn left then right then into the log drop. Someone has straight lined that entire section. There used to be a nice left handed berm there, which will probably be put back soon.

CrookS

Likes Dirt
MOD EDIT - next time have a go at expressing yourself without having to resort to using homophobic slurs, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Timbot

Likes Dirt
The log from god

This log has become quite the issue.iImean really,Those people in iraq think they have got problems losing legs and loved one's..stop for a moment and think about the poor mountian bikers that lost a log..so as a tribute we will be having a "Bring the log back"presentation day with BBq ,international top riders and guest speakers(date's to be posted soon)and plans are also on the table for possible"international save the log day"