Kinglake WTF!!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We all rode there yesterday, some had a better day than others.......

I gotta say the track is starting to fall apart, all the work we have put in with the new berms and sections are in dire need of some serious rain and some of the jumps are starting to crumble as they are just so powdery dry.

Before any more work is done it really needs a good downpour (and who knows when that might happen eh???) as nothing will stabilise until then, as Timbot said we could maybe rake the whole track and remove all the loose dirt and rocks and possibly try to rebuild a couple of jumps/berms with some watering cans but until we get a half decent downpour any work done will just end up in a pile of dust. The track is so slippery and dusty at the moment and a good raking would help a lot....... what do you think about that?

Az

Likes Dirt
Was up there today (monday)!

Fantastic work guys, keep it up. If I ever get anytime of on the weekends your doing trail work, I'll be sure to lend a helping hand.

And to those clowns who think that tree at the road crossing is for your empty poweraid bottles, pick up your act! I would hate to see such a great
riding area destroyed because your to lazy to take out what you brought in......

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Preposed build day.

Im not sure if you all still plan to do some track work on saturday as we have received barely any rain but if it goes ahead can i make a suggestion?.....Maintainance only!!!.No mickey mouse stunts or dinky little out of place jumps and if berms are on the cards they should be staked and properly built.No half arsed shit.The track has flow and has been well thought out and respect should be paid to this fact.
We are going up tomorrow(friday) to do some work and have a ride and we will be undertaking some work in the 2nd section which will include cambering the straight fast section into the 2nd bottom berm to stop the massive braking bumps that have developed.And yes we will take our own water and watering cans plus some cement(works like a dream)to mix through the soil ..Ein langes leiben Fur KL.

Last edited:

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Not sure

I'm one of the guys that built the entire first and last sections of the track. Personally it's doesn't bother me that that log has gone. Most people never used it as a down ramp.
One thing that does bug me is that about 50m after those doubles, the track is supposed to turn left then right then into the log drop. Someone has straight lined that entire section. There used to be a nice left handed berm there, which will probably be put back soon.
After reading your post about every one cutting through the "left right"section i thought i would ride it as you planned and built it but i must say this is the only section in the top that has no flow.The top section is Awesome (props to you )but some thing change for a reason.I will continue to ride it so as i think it flows so.Sorry if this offends but speed is of the essence.....

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
After reading your post about every one cutting through the "left right"section i thought i would ride it as you planned and built it but i must say this is the only section in the top that has no flow.The top section is Awesome (props to you )but some thing change for a reason.I will continue to ride it so as i think it flows so.Sorry if this offends but speed is of the essence.....
No worries. You're right, at the moment the flow is crap there. It needs some nice berms to be rebuilt before it's nice and flowy like when we first built it.

KL Track work

Good to see a bit of rain today, Look foward to getting on the tools with you guys. See you all up there about 10 ish tomorrow V10, Smoking mouse, Wisey (maybe), Timbot (Maybe).

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Myself and Tim spent the afternoon today swinging tha matic up at K.L, at one stage there it did rain pretty hard and continued on and off all arvo with a little drizzle, was a good time to do some work.

We put a couple of new pieces of armour into the fast 2nd section and completed a new right hand berm in between the two left berms at the bottom of that section, we raked nearly the entire 2nd section too, will be like skiing a groomed run in the morn, super smooth. We also got 3/4 of the way through rebuilding the first of the 3 jumps in the last section, we have made it a fast floaty step down style jump about 2 or 3 ft high, we had some slight structural problems at dusk so we left it not quite finished but with a little love tomorrow it will be a cool new addition to the bottom section. Just take it easy when you get to it, can't miss it really, as it's not rideable as yet but can be ridden around.

We were going to ride elsewhere tomoz but have decided to finish what we started, will be up there round 11 or 12.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And that avatar of you Red Barron, have completed that stunt twice through there, I did it last Saturday actually. It's not fun landing on your head with a sore shoulder already. :rolleyes:

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Wisey and myself went to KL friday and shoveled all arvo.got heaps done.New berm,armouring trouble spots,raking and we built a big ski jump in the bottom section.we went back up on saturday to ride the improvements including a wicked new big arse berm that V10 ,smokingmouse dizzy and there crew made(quality work)at the bottom of the top section.The track is getting awesome with heaps o flow .The 2nd section is some serious high speed honkin time now with the 2 bottom left hand berms now linked with a right hander too...Sweet..We still plan more improvements providing we get some more rain soon.It's great this forum exists so people can pool there idea's and inspiration and get some shit done as has been the case over the weekend at Kinglake..
Was also ace to be able to fully rail the bike with a bit of moisture on the track after skating on talc powder the last couple of months.Prior to last weekend we were running high 4.40's and after the improvements and track conditions we were running mid 4.30's.Buurrraaap..

Timbot

Likes Dirt
quoting myself

Wisey and myself went to KL friday and shoveled all arvo.got heaps done.New berm,armouring trouble spots,raking and we built a big ski jump in the bottom section.we went back up on saturday to ride the improvements including a wicked new big arse berm that V10 ,smokingmouse dizzy and there crew made(quality work)at the bottom of the top section.The track is getting awesome with heaps o flow .The 2nd section is some serious high speed honkin time now with the 2 bottom left hand berms now linked with a right hander too...Sweet..We still plan more improvements providing we get some more rain soon.It's great this forum exists so people can pool there idea's and inspiration and get some shit done as has been the case over the weekend at Kinglake..
Was also ace to be able to fully rail the bike with a bit of moisture on the track after skating on talc powder the last couple of months.Prior to last weekend we were running high 4.40's and after the improvements and track conditions we were running mid 4.30's.Buurrraaap..
is there an echo in here..just read your post wisey .im repeating.opps.

Kl work day

Good work all round at KL boys, The track is heaps faster and flowy. Timbot and wisey put in some nice berms ( that 2nd sect is blury vision fast) and the jumps in the last are cool.
Dizzy, myself, Silver Fox, V10 and Smoking sped up the top section with a huge berm at the end of the first section, you can come out too fast now.
I came home with bugs in my teeth.
Good to meet up with all you dudes, we shoud hook up again and get some footage.
Respec.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Friday sesh.

going up tomorrow(friday) to do some more work and then have a ride if anyone cares to swing some shovel.Im gonna fix the Huck to flat onto that ugly rock and raise and tweak a couple o bits.Ill be there at 11.30 and we have a spare spot in the van for one lucky contestant..

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last Friday arvo Tim and Intense built a small ladder bridge extending out over the rock drop to flat at the end of the 2nd section. It has definatley improved the section as you now miss the rock but it's not quite finished, we will make a little dirt ramp and berm to land in so you can carry more speed off the drop.
The track is in awesome nick with the rain we have had and the adjustments made, top effort to all those that have been working out there. Between you and I, Kinglake is now a place to want to ride and with some more work it will be an epic track(probably already is).

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last Friday arvo Tim and Intense built a small ladder bridge extending out over the rock drop to flat at the end of the 2nd section. It has definatley improved the section as you now miss the rock but it's not quite finished, we will make a little dirt ramp and berm to land in so you can carry more speed off the drop.
The track is in awesome nick with the rain we have had and the adjustments made, top effort to all those that have been working out there. Between you and I, Kinglake is now a place to want to ride and with some more work it will be an epic track(probably already is).
nice work. that drops pretty nice, props. once exams are over, i might head out to do some of the same sorta shovelswinging.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SWEET well done to all the people invloved in improving the KL track, i cant wait to get up there and do some runs :)

Cheers James

P.S Its been so long since i last went there i probably wont even reconise the track...