Kona Honzo - The Ti'me has come

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all you need is a longer air shaft for the 34's, can do 110 to 140 for the 29" version.

depends what you're after from it, but give it a go at both... currently running mine at 120, but will likely buy a longer air shaft to play around with.
I want as much bang for buck as I can get, this bike will be shuttled too

slowmick

38-39"
Me likey. Thought the crank boots were a weird old school chain device at first glance. Nice clean build.

I passed on a honzo a few years ago and bought a carbon xc race hardtail (As it was under 1/2 price and $500 cheaper than the Honzo). I chose badly...

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Thats a cracking build Zaf, and a credit to ya!

The Ti frame has such a nice finish.

Top job.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
It's a bank cracking build as well!!
But here are some better shots to oogle at. I am actually really proud of how clean I got the cables on this. Might just be post Canyon which has a real mess of cables up front but this looks NEAT sitting in the saddle.
Also re-thinking the Chromag bars, I love them, and they feel great. But given everything else on the bike, I'm feeling like a black pair with orange decals would look way better. It's just too much of a "cool grey" than a "warm grey" to go with the frame. Still, since I'm on a spending ban, might just have to grin and bare it.

Gotta agree with the bars...they look a little washed out with the frame colour!
I know where you could get a nice set of ENVE RSR that would look smick on a Ti Honzo?:hat:

Or you could man up and go full bore
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/thomson-titanium-mtb-riser-bar/rp-prod124019

I've gone the usual JT way....and blinged out on a set of Easton orange bars... might be too much but that's the way i roll.... all the gear...no idea!

#orangeisthenewpurple

Attachments

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
This is the only options really.

The Thompson is a nice idea!!! But holy shit, that much money for something only 730mm wide. It's pretty safely never going to be purchased.
I can throw my Easton Havoc handlebars on in the interim, or dust off the airbrush and repaint the chromags with the right colours.
The Thompson are 780mm... tis a misprint on CRC listing!

Those Chromag's are pretty.....