Lame claims to fame and shame.

moorey

call me Mia
Just realized that in all my years of riding (20), and bike ownings (10 I think) I've never owned a branded SRAM product. DH bike 10 years ago had boxxers, new (SH) bike that is on the way will have lyrics, old steel HT has old truvative cranks, norco vps1 in about '98 had a sachs hub from memory, but that's as close as I have been I think (I'm referring to actual SRAM components anyway). Never used their drive trains or levers.
How lame a claim is THAT!!! I have no reason to have never used it, the kiddies tell me it's the shit, it's just never been on anything I have bought, and replacement parts (drive trains etc) have been shimano......just because.

Ive also never seen a Marx bros or 3 stooges film, but that's way less lame.

Oh, and I got a ride in a divvy van once for impersonating Joan Kirner ;)

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Just had dinner with a colleague whose car was voted the worst shitbox in Australia, and hence pushed out the back of a plane from 12000 feet.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I had dinner with Rolf Harris once. And by that I mean I had dinner at the same time in the same restaurant as Rolf. He was very good about a bunch of drunks getting him to autograph napkins though.

Got touched on the shoulder by Ewan McGregor and had my ear punished by Lawrence Fishburne for about 2 hours when he obviously had nothing better to do.

I played rugby (both codes) for about 10 years without once scoring a try or kicking a goal. I did render at least 3 people unconscious though, and caused one full knee reconstruction in the only full game of European Handball I ever played.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I once bought a frying pan from ikea at the same time as janet howard.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk

I can make fart noises with my eye...

I once saw Steve Moneghetti in the supermarket.

In the scene at the veledrome in the aussie movie "Lake Mungo" you can see my torso in the background behind the main characters.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I once walked past John Wood at a pedestrian crossing.

And once I had to mediate between Sarah Blasko and the drunk lady I was sitting next to at her concert when the lady next to me tried to start a conversation with Sarah (about the weather of all things…), but Sarah couldn't hear her properly, and thought that she was being insulted so I had to smooth things over out of sheer embarrassment for this woman.

Hew

Likes Dirt
I fainted at a close friends funeral on Monday and was caught by Dick Smith.

Had a good chat with him after, such a legitimate bloke.

When I was 17 I was on a t.v show called sex life. Though I was walking out of the surf checking out a chicks arse as they were filming her....the episode was about her, some how I was just watching it that night and seen myself in the back ground.
+1 seen Moneghetti running in centennial park just a few hours after the city to surf had finished.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I was an extra in the miniseries Corelli, which happened to be first lead role for an up-and-coming young actor named Hugh Jackman.

moorey

call me Mia
Our bush block was owned by Richard Sutherlands (aussie actor) father. Some of his campfires and bush huts are still around from when he was a kid. Lame:very_drunk:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
i got roped into being an extra in a tv commercial for Centrelink in 1983....how lame is that?

i once served Bernard King, the first Aussie celebrity chef, in my garden shop and gave him advice about plants for a garden he was doing a makeover for, for Bryan Brown.

met Wendy Matthews at the vet, my (at the time) husband was gushing over her so much (he was a local music teacher) i thought he was going to start humping her leg. she had that rabbit-in-the-headlights look, i was so embarrassed.

and Russel Crowe bought the property next door to the commune i was living on.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I was in the background of a picture in AMB mag back in 1995.

I think it was a picture of Michael Ronning or Scott Sharples.

moorey

call me Mia
I was once asked to write an article for a state rounds DH event for AMB (or maybe freewheel...it was 10 years ago)
It was published word for word......under someone elses name :/